Obama's Osama Bump is Over

rass is 10 points outside the what? the outlier of 60?

so what is gallup at 46? hello:rolleyes: I thought ras was the rep poll mechanism, which was my point, not that that ever bothers you.

I told you media polls generally blow, look at the 3 outliers; wash post., cbs and ap....remove them and what do you have?

NY Carb

There is no evidence that 'media polls' are less accurate than others. But if you currently only use

Gallup and Pew Research the only 2 legitimate 'non-media' polls, Obama's net approval/disapproval is +10.5.

oh so we are not on the 60 approval bandwagon anymore, its "plus and minus" differential?:lol::lol::lol:

I never said Pew, not on an ongoing basis, they don't poll as often, I pretty much trust them though. for the record, I have said so, Ras and Gallup is what I use on a day to week basis....I have already explained with links as to not just I but others from all walks who will verify that media outfits doing polls is dicey, they very very very rarely ever are accurate when it counts ala elections etc. their records are spotty and nowhere near gall or ras's...

:evil:you'll notice fox has him at 55..those fucking RW hacks!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Today-

Gallup 5/25 - 5/27 1500 A 49 43 +6
Rasmussen Reports 5/25 - 5/27 1500 LV 50 49 +1
FOX News 5/15 - 5/17 910 RV 55 41 +14
Politico/GWU/Battleground 5/8 - 5/12 1000 LV 52 44 +8
Reuters/Ipsos 5/5 - 5/9 1029 A 49 47 +2
Associated Press/GfK 5/5 - 5/9 1001 A 60 39 +21
Pew Research 5/5 - 5/8 1003 A 50 39 +11
NBC News 5/5 - 5/7 800 A 52 41 +11

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

I've always cited the net approval/disapproval figure. Try reading what people post.

we know, its 3 posts above you...

and when that bogus 60 disappears that FOX 55 will be keeping his average over 50.5......oh the irony...

So the Foxnews poll is just more proof that it's not liberal bias that's producing these good numbers for the president.

Jesus, Corky, that's what we've been trying to explain to you for ages.

Oh, and just a reminder as to why Rasmussen's poll doesn't belong in these averages,

from,

in case you want to attack the source,

Rasmussen himself. Below he explains why his numbers skew against President Obama...

...sample, question wording, and method:

A number of polling firms routinely measure the president’s job approval ratings. Generally, they all show a similar trend even when the specific numbers are different.

There are a number of reasons for this, including:

Likely Voters or Adults? - Some firms poll all adults while others, including Rasmussen Reports, base their results on likely voters. Generally speaking, polls of all adults will show a somewhat higher rating for President Obama than polls of likely voters.

Why is this? Primarily because some demographic groups such as young adults are less likely to vote than others. These same groups also happen to be segments of the population where the current president gets rave reviews. So if a poll of all adults shows the president’s approval rating at 60%, you’d expect a comparable poll of likely voters to show a rating of roughly 57%.

Question Wording - Rasmussen Reports offers survey participants a choice between Strongly Approve, Somewhat Approve, Somewhat Disapprove and Strongly Disapprove. Some firms offer simply Approve or Disapprove while others offer a scale that includes Excellent, Good, Fair or Poor. It is impossible to determine exactly what impact the different wording has on survey results.

However, it appears that the Somewhat Approve and Somewhat Disapprove categories may encourage some people to voice a minority opinion rather than saying they are not sure. In other words, when a president is popular, a segment of the population might say they Somewhat Disapprove. When a president is unpopular, some might say they Somewhat Approve.

Methodology - Rasmussen Reports uses an automated polling methodology while some firms use operator-assisted techniques. Generally, these different methodologies generate about the same level of approval for different political figures, but the automated technology generally registers a higher level of disapproval. There’s no way to be sure why this happens, but it may simply be that some people are reluctant to offer a negative opinion about another human being to a live operator.

Regardless of the reason, Rasmussen Reports surveys tend to have lower levels of no opinions and higher levels of unfavorable opinions for political figures. But, as with the topline numbers, the trends all move in the same direction.

Comparing Approval Ratings From Different Polling Firms - Rasmussen Reports™

I guess Scott Rasmussen should at least get credit for being honest enough to ADMIT he intentionally builds anti-Obama bias into his poll via his choice of method.

Forum List

Back