Obama's Legacy: richest got richer and poorest got poorer faster than under Bush/Republicans

bedowin62

Gold Member
Feb 6, 2014
Obama's Legacy: richest go richer and poorest got poorer, both at a FASTER PACE UNDER DEMOCRATS AND OBAMA, than was happening under bush.

going into obama's EIGHT AND FINAL YEAR; there are STILL bout 13 MILLION MORE on food stamps then there were under Bush. Record numbers have given up looking for work completely and are now collecting a disibility check NOT related to military service, like SSI.

libs lie to themselves

Something to be proud of, however, now they have someone to target for the upcoming election, those that earn and pay taxes!

Obama's Legacy: richest go richer and poorest got poorer, both at a FASTER PACE UNDER DEMOCRATS AND OBAMA, than was happening under bush.

going into obama's EIGHT AND FINAL YEAR; there are STILL bout 13 MILLION MORE on food stamps then there were under Bush. Record numbers have given up looking for work completely and are now collecting a disibility check NOT related to military service, like SSI.

libs lie to themselves

I don't see why anyone would believe either party wants to do something about it.

Since when does the rabid Right Wing give a damn about wage disparity? I thought they believe, I mean really BELIEVE in market forces sorting things out and those who got phenomenally wealthy EARNED every penny of it through grueling, hard work.

Which makes one wonder about those of us working two or three jobs. We are working hard, yet...

OP- Has nothing to do with 30 years of Reaganist pander to the rich and ruin of the non-rich- see sig (2007!), or GOP obstruction of Obama's tax cuts for the nonrich, min wage hike, infrastructure GOOD jobs bill, immigration bill, training for 3 million tech jobs going begging, tax hikes for over $250k and freeloading giant corps...etc etc etc. Idiot Pub dupe.

Since when does the rabid Right Wing give a damn about wage disparity? I thought they believe, I mean really BELIEVE in market forces sorting things out and those who got phenomenally wealthy EARNED every penny of it through grueling, hard work.

Which makes one wonder about those of us working two or three jobs. We are working hard, yet...
When did the rabid left wing give a shit? The last 2 presidents you guys have elected have been corporatists. And ANOTHER corporatist is the #1 in the primaries.
LOOK IN THE MIRROR :thup:
Both parties suck. Try REALITY

OP- Has nothing to do with 30 years of Reaganist pander to the rich and ruin of the non-rich- see sig (2007!), or GOP obstruction of Obama's tax cuts for the nonrich, min wage hike, infrastructure GOOD jobs bill, immigration bill, training for 3 million tech jobs going begging, tax hikes for over $250k and freeloading giant corps...etc etc etc. Idiot Pub dupe.
I knew it would have to be either Reagan's fault or Bush's. :lol:

When did the rabid left wing give a shit? The last 2 presidents you guys have elected have been corporatists. And ANOTHER corporatist is the #1 in the primaries.
There's a helluva difference. Pubs are so corporatist they're corrupt and thieves. Corps aren't evil, just the Pub ones- screwing the workers, customers, and the environment. Plus: OP- Has nothing to do with 30 years of Reaganist pander to the rich and ruin of the non-rich- see sig (2007!), or GOP obstruction of Obama's tax cuts for the nonrich, min wage hike, infrastructure GOOD jobs bill, immigration bill, training for 3 million tech jobs going begging, tax hikes for over $250k and freeloading giant corps...etc etc etc.

I knew it would have to be either Reagan's fault or Bush's. :lol:
And their voters, followers, cronies, and creeps DUUUUHHHHHHH. Can you read? Just the same stupid talking points and insults, dupe. You people are like Pavlov's dog lol.

There's a helluva difference. Pubs are so corporatist they're corrupt and thieves. Corps aren't evil, just the Pub ones- screwing the workers, customers, and the environment. Plus: OP- Has nothing to do with 30 years of Reaganist pander to the rich and ruin of the non-rich- see sig (2007!), or GOP obstruction of Obama's tax cuts for the nonrich, min wage hike, infrastructure GOOD jobs bill, immigration bill, training for 3 million tech jobs going begging, tax hikes for over $250k and freeloading giant corps...etc etc etc.
Lol you are such a hack
BTW,
minimum wage HURTS the non-skilled so that isn't much of an accomplishment. Ergo, the OP :thup:
Immigration bills are corporatist. They drive wages down. Why do you think the right doesn't want to fix anything and just whines?

Last edited:
The Schumer bill with a good SS ID card would not be corporatist. But Pub refusal of a solution fits your description. Min wage hurting the non-skilled is pure Pubcrappe. Doesn't hurt anyone but greedy idiot Pubs.

libs lie to themselves

The rate the gap is growing is accelerating

I don't know what Obama has to do with it.

Because 'working hard' is largely misunderstood. It is more a matter of making intelligent decisions and making yourself valuable. Working at 3 fast food restaurants is 'hard' work but not really worth while so you sill never excel. You know this so your statements are purposefully misleading...

libs lie to themselves

He is another player that supports massive government backing up massive corporate interests while fucking the little guy. The ACA is a shinning example of this - what is the purpose of an insurance company now other than collect a check?

libs lie to themselves

Not much. More due to the Booosh World Depression and no min wage hike etc. This has been going on for 30 Reaganist years.
The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.

Over the past 30 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.

Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)
2 – Congratulations to Emmanuel Saez
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = http://www.bea.gov/national/nipaweb...able=58&Freq=Qtr&FirstYear=2008&LastYear=2010
4 = http://www.prudentbear.com/index.php/household-sector-debt-of-gdp
4 = http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/z1/current/
5/6 = http://www.businessinsider.com/15-c...lity-in-america-2010-4?slop=1#slideshow-start

Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts

The Schumer bill with a good SS ID card would not be corporatist. But Pub refusal of a solution fits your description. Min wage hurting the non-skilled is pure Pubcrappe. Doesn't hurt anyone but greedy idiot Pubs.
I did research a while back about states that recently upped their min wage. The overall economy went up and the nonskilled GDP went DOWN. Think what you want. The establishment is corporatist, dumbfuck. All of em'.
Enjoy your schizophrenia :thup:

making a fool of yourself right on cue

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

i'm still ranting about "booooooooosh"!!!

because i'm a loser hater-dupe

and my Messiah obama is IRRELEVANT!!!

THIS SUMS UP 99% OF YOUR POSTS IDIOT FRANCO

Forum List

Back