Obama’s Cash Payment to Iran Was More Than a Ransom — It Broke Criminal Law

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
I know another ransom thread. But I think that the big picture is being lost. By paying ransom Obama committed a felony. I am glad the people were released, should have been part of the nuclear deal. But to commit a felony then lie about it? It is really way past time to impeach Obama. I was never really for doing so but he is clearly a criminal.

Iran Ransom Payment: President Obama Broke the Law by Sending Cash to Iran | National Review

It is a waste of time to debate that point further. The Iranians have bragged that the astonishing cash payment was a ransom — and Obama has been telling us for months that we can trust the Iranians. The hostages were released the same day the cash arrived. One of the hostages has reported that the captives were detained an extra several hours at the airport and told they would not be allowed to leave until the arrival of another plane — inferentially, the unmarked cargo plane ferrying the cash. The reason American policy has always prohibited paying ransoms to terrorists and other abductors is that it only encourages them to take more hostages. And, as night follows day, Iran has abducted more Americans since Obama paid the cash. No matter how energetically the president tries to lawyer the ransom issue, if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck . . .

Read more at: Iran Ransom Payment: President Obama Broke the Law by Sending Cash to Iran | National Review

I have a good solution------charge Obama and keep him under
house arrest ------until January 2017. -------you need not
thank me for my wise judgement

I know another ransom thread. But I think that the big picture is being lost. By paying ransom Obama committed a felony. I am glad the people were released, should have been part of the nuclear deal. But to commit a felony then lie about it? It is really way past time to impeach Obama. I was never really for doing so but he is clearly a criminal.

Iran Ransom Payment: President Obama Broke the Law by Sending Cash to Iran | National Review

It is a waste of time to debate that point further. The Iranians have bragged that the astonishing cash payment was a ransom — and Obama has been telling us for months that we can trust the Iranians. The hostages were released the same day the cash arrived. One of the hostages has reported that the captives were detained an extra several hours at the airport and told they would not be allowed to leave until the arrival of another plane — inferentially, the unmarked cargo plane ferrying the cash. The reason American policy has always prohibited paying ransoms to terrorists and other abductors is that it only encourages them to take more hostages. And, as night follows day, Iran has abducted more Americans since Obama paid the cash. No matter how energetically the president tries to lawyer the ransom issue, if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck . . .

Read more at: Iran Ransom Payment: President Obama Broke the Law by Sending Cash to Iran | National Review

I was relieved to discover that your link won't load because of my ad blocker.......

Just out of curiosity, which of the NRO flunkies penned this opus?

There is zero accountability in our government right now and baring some unseen event there won't be for at least another 5 years.

Bingo, I mean government has become open and arrogant in breaking the law, ignoring the law, making up their own damn laws without congress, using government agencies as thug attack dogs. The SCOTUS isn't doing its job and half the court is made up of traitor liberals. The press, well lets just say that founders idea failed. Our country is kind of fucked up Gramps. We are looking more like the previous corrupt empires that failed with each passing day.

There is zero accountability in our government right now and baring some unseen event there won't be for at least another 5 years.

Bingo, I mean government has become open and arrogant in breaking the law, ignoring the law, making up their own damn laws without congress, using government agencies as thug attack dogs. The SCOTUS isn't doing its job and half the court is made up of traitor liberals. The press, well lets just say that founders idea failed. Our country is kind of fucked up Gramps. We are looking more like the previous corrupt empires that failed with each passing day.
For the good of the country - to reverse this corrupt trend of zero accountability and politicians breaking the law - Obama and / or Hillary needs to go to jail. This is one great way they could still serve their country!

:p

I was relieved to discover that your link won't load because of my ad blocker.......

you'll never know who wrote the truth about Obama breaking the law, which is the subject in case you forgot.

you'll never know who wrote the truth about Obama breaking the law, which is the subject in case you forgot.
It is "true" because some hack at the NRO said so?

"Progressives" believe that liberal ends justify criminal means. None dare call it treason.

It is "true" because some hack at the NRO said so?

From the article, it's true because the law says it is true:

At a press conference Thursday, Obama remarkably explained, “The reason that we had to give them cash is precisely because we are so strict in maintaining sanctions and we do not have a banking relationship with Iran.” Really Mr. President? The whole point of sanctions is to prohibit and punish certain behavior. If you — especially you, Mr. President — do the precise thing that the sanctions prohibit, that is a strange way of being “so strict in maintaining” them.

Forum List

Back