Obama's Broken Promise Backlash

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
The anti-CSPAN stance of the Obama/Pelosi is gaining notice by the mainstream media now - and the tone of dissaproval grows increasingly strong against the president...

___

Obama Reneges on Health Care Transparency

As a Candidate, President Obama Promised to Put Health Care Reform Negotiations on C-SPAN

CBS) President Obama wants the final negotiations on health care reform - a reconciliation of the House and Senate versions of the bill - put on a fast track, even if that means breaking an explicit campaign promise.

"The House and Senate plan to put together the final health care reform bill behind closed doors according to an agreement by top Democrats," House Speaker Nanci Pelosi said today at the White House.

The White House is on board with that, too, reports CBS News political correspondent Chip Reid. Press Secretary Robert Gibbs stressed today that "the president wants to get a bill to his desk as quickly as possible."

Obama Reneges on Health Care Transparency - CBS Evening News - CBS News

Liberal-leaning Jack Cafferty of CNN rips into Obama and the Democrats regarding the CSPAN issue.

He actually calls for Democrat heads to roll come the midterm elections!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pO1oJPps1I[/ame]

He is a lying dumb ass. He is a Chicago Politician, what did you expect?

And what is sad is his supporters either won't care or will defend him. All the while mumbling something about Bush was worse.

If it's such a good deal for the people, and it's such an "unprecedented" piece of legislation, why wouldn't they want us to see it?

It must be pretty bad for this group of camera hugging individuals to be running from them.

Powerful stuff against Obama's anti disclosure legislative process...

If they wanted your opinion, they'd ask

...In this, he fits his party's health care dynamic. From town halls last summer at which tough questions got lawmakers' backs up right through the middle-of-the-night votes on thousand-page excrescences largely unread and scarcely comprehended, the directive from congressional leaders has been to ignore voters, ignore polls, ignore qualms and questions: Just pass something

...This is happening on legislation that will profoundly, permanently change our relationship to government. It's reasonable to ask that a vast expansion of Washington's power be based on more than one-vote margins and secret deals, just as it would be reasonable for a senator to, sometime in three months, talk to a concerned citizen as promised.

This is not the season for reason, however. These are the days of political will. Democracy, constituents - all that just gets in the way.

If they wanted your opinion, they'd ask - JSOnline

If it's such a good deal for the people, and it's such an "unprecedented" piece of legislation, why wouldn't they want us to see it?

It must be pretty bad for this group of camera hugging individuals to be running from them.

The amount of deal making taking place to cobble together the votes needed for passage would sicken the public and they know it. This thing has been closed door from day one. It is the Pelosi-Reid plan with Obama telling them to get him something-anything, on his desk soon.

The process has been utterly bereft of responsible stewardship, and quite often, utterly abusive of the legislative process at the expense of the American taxpayer...

Liberal-leaning Jack Cafferty of CNN rips into Obama and the Democrats regarding the CSPAN issue.

He actually calls for Democrat heads to roll come the midterm elections!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pO1oJPps1I

Looks like Rush lost a lot of weight and grew some hair. Sounds like Rush, doesn't look much like him.

I like what I am hearing, no mistake.

That is what is so remarkable - if a media figure like Cafferty is sounding off so strongly against the Obama White House, this issue has some serious legs and could prove the lead in story heading into the weekend news editions.

The gnashing of Democrat teeth is reaching epic proportions!

He is a lying dumb ass. He is a Chicago Politician, what did you expect?

And what is sad is his supporters either won't care or will defend him. All the while mumbling something about Bush was worse.

Non-sequitur. And Bush was a Texas millionaire oilman. Your point? They all have to come from somewhere, and each state has its own history of corruption.

CSPAN stating that Obama has only allowed one hour of any health care coverage - an hour which was just a staged "show horse" type of thing, not any actual negotiations.

CSPAN goes on to note that he American public is paying for any health care legislation and has a right to see the negotiations.

Breitbart.tv » C-SPAN CEO: White House Has Allowed Only ‘One Hour’ of Health Care Coverage

I'm surprised Brian Lamb would make that comment, since all he had to do was recheck his own TV schedule going back to when the health care debate first began. As for the "White House" coverage, a president needs to be extremely careful that he doesn't overstep the constitutional limitations of separation of powers. And Brian Lamb knows that.

I'm not AGAINST television coverage of the conference debate. I just don't see what all the hoopla is about. The two bills are done; it's a simple matter now of cutting and pasting up a final version for full Senate debate, which WILL be televised probably on all channels, not just C-Span. At this point, what would the Republicans have to offer? They don't like either the House OR the Senate version. We already know that. So to televise a bunch of people sitting around a table with their laptops or legal pads and their staffers frantically making the agreed-upon concessions seems a waste of time to me.

CSPAN stating that Obama has only allowed one hour of any health care coverage - an hour which was just a staged "show horse" type of thing, not any actual negotiations.

CSPAN goes on to note that he American public is paying for any health care legislation and has a right to see the negotiations.

Breitbart.tv » C-SPAN CEO: White House Has Allowed Only ‘One Hour’ of Health Care Coverage

I'm surprised Brian Lamb would make that comment, since all he had to do was recheck his own TV schedule going back to when the health care debate first began. As for the "White House" coverage, a president needs to be extremely careful that he doesn't overstep the constitutional limitations of separation of powers. And Brian Lamb knows that.

I'm not AGAINST television coverage of the conference debate. I just don't see what all the hoopla is about. The two bills are done; it's a simple matter now of cutting and pasting up a final version for full Senate debate, which WILL be televised probably on all channels, not just C-Span. At this point, what would the Republicans have to offer? They don't like either the House OR the Senate version. We already know that. So to televise a bunch of people sitting around a table with their laptops or legal pads and their staffers frantically making the agreed-upon concessions seems a waste of time to me.

the hoopla is about obama crissrossing the country and vowing to broadcast the health care bill negotiations live on CSPAN when he was running for office and then reneging.

well, either reneging or lying about it from the get go depending on your POV.

ironically, it is pretty transparent, but i don't think in the way most of his supporters thought it would be.

:lol:

I'm disappointed that Obama has moved away from this promise of daylighting his administration. To be honest, imo, all it will take is one administration to change the way Washington works. If one of the parties can get a candidate into the White House that actually brings change to the status quo, the precident would be set for future administrations.

Unfortunately, Obama appears to have been all smoke and mirrors on his promises of hope and change.

LQQK!!! Here is an analysis of both bills, side by side. These two are what the conference committee will be discussing. Even if the debate WAS covered live, the end result will be presented for a final vote. What do you think you can do about the process at this point? NOTHING!!! The effect of these bills, outlined below, has been debated ad nauseam. It's time to have a final vote.

http://www.kff.org/healthreform/upload/housesenatebill_final.pdf

I'm disappointed that Obama has moved away from this promise of daylighting his administration. To be honest, imo, all it will take is one administration to change the way Washington works. If one of the parties can get a candidate into the White House that actually brings change to the status quo, the precident would be set for future administrations.

Unfortunately, Obama appears to have been all smoke and mirrors on his promises of hope and change.

He was very naive - and combined with inherent weakness makes for a White House being the cart pulled along by the legislative horse of Pelosi and Reid.

When Pelosi took a swipe at Obama yesterday, that was a moment of a figure reminding the president of who is really running the show.

The entire Democrat Party is in turmoil over this issue, and now with the media piling on this total lack of transparency issue, the heat on individual votes is turning up even more.

Press corps grills Gibbs: Um, didn’t Obama totally shamelessly lie about C-SPAN?

Reminds me of the time Tapper coolly yet cruelly pressed Gibbs to defend Biden’s sub-moronic advice to New Yorkers about avoiding city subways during swine-flu season. There is, and can be, no defense here, and everyone in the room knows it. The point of asking is simply to make Gibbs look constipated — which, of course, it does. In fact, the best he can do by way of an answer is to mumble that The One wants a bill on his desk as soon as possible, an implicit admission that the White House is prepared to sacrifice all its gauzy promises about transparency on the altar of finally ramming this travesty through. But then, we already knew that.

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Press corps grills Gibbs: Um, didn’t Obama totally shamelessly lie about C-SPAN?

Right now, the GOp needs to stay out of it. Their constant sniping will not win them points with the voters. Let the Democrats work this out their way. The voters will show them in 2010 if they agree with the way they lead the governement.

-TSO

Fast forward to Wednesday's briefing. Another question from another reporter:

QUESTION: During the campaign the President on numerous occasions said words to the effect of -- quoting one -- "all of this will be done on C-SPAN in front of the public." Do you agree that the President is breaking an explicit campaign promise?

GIBBS: Chip, we covered this yesterday and I would refer you to yesterday's transcript

...QUESTION: Democrats ran against the very sort of process that is being employed in this health care --

GIBBS: We had this discussion yesterday. I answered this yesterday. Is there anything --

QUESTION: But the President met with members of Congress in the meantime --

GIBBS: And he'll do so today.

QUESTION: -- and pressed them to --

GIBBS: Do you have another question?

And that was the end of that. If the public wants to know why President Obama didn't keep his pledge to hold televised health-care negotations, they'll have to look for answers elsewhere. The White House isn't talking.

Full article here:

White House: We will NOT discuss broken C-Span promise | Washington Examiner

Forum List

Back