Obama's Broken Promise Backlash

Someone already said this but I would like to reiterrate it...

The fact that he has gone back on his word about CSPAN is a slap in the face of the liberals and the left of centers...

Most centers and rights have already expressed their displeasure with the bill...seeing it on CSPAN will not anger us any further....we already know about the back room deals......

The left denies these deals exist....

So not being on CSPAN is a direct slap in the face of the left...as it is Obama saying to them that he does not wnat them to see that the right has been accurate all along.

Yet the left blindly supports his decision to NOT put it on CSPAN.

No, they did not. Back room deals are the norm in Washington. Why would "leftists" claim they're not? It is your ilk who hilariously believe that the methods by which this bill has passed through the two houses is somehow something "new."

Just for kicks, some of you should start watching (or taping) the rereuns of "The West Wing" on BRAVO from 8AM-10AM every day. You'll get a better understanding that there is no bill of any import that isn't accomplished with a lot of give and take (aka back room deals).

I said that for two reasons.

First...President OPbama was the one who PROMISED no more Washington Politics as usual....AND THAT WAS HIS THEME THROUGHOUT THE CAMPAIGN.

I find it humorous that you support Washington Politics as usual...but I digress.

Second...Nancy Pelosi said that the debate was more open and more transparent than any other.

What makes it transparent are not the town hall meetings. Those are the POEPLE attempting to find out what their representative TRULY believes.

What makes them transparent is the people knowing what kind of deals NEED to be made to get the vote of the representative.

Someone already said this but I would like to reiterrate it..

No, they did not. Back room deals are the norm in Washington. Why would "leftists" claim they're not? It is your ilk who hilariously believe that the methods by which this bill has passed through the two houses is somehow something "new."

______

Ah, so you are admitting Obama's promises to change Washington - to stop the back room deals and require an open and honest legislative process was false?

That he either knowingly lied or was to ignorant of how Washington actually worked? Or perhaps far too arrogant to think he could even change it?

All three perhaps?

Your education is coming along nicely!! :eusa_angel:

Nicely served.

FYI

Actually at the beginning of August it was about 4 points higher.

At the beginning of June it was about 10 points higher.

FYI.

Ronald Reagan Approval Ratings:

(The Green Area is the Approval Rating)

800px-Gallup_Poll-Approval_Rating-Ronald_Reagan.png

______

Ah, so you are admitting Obama's promises to change Washington - to stop the back room deals and require an open and honest legislative process was false?

That he either knowingly lied or was to ignorant of how Washington actually worked? Or perhaps far too arrogant to think he could even change it?

All three perhaps?

Nicely served.

It is just remarkable how the apologists are now running around defending the DC corruption simply because Obama is in the White House.

Frankly, it is a disgusting display of highly selective morality.

The guy ran on change - and what has taken place this past year is simply a considerable increase in the very worst aspects of federal government behavior.

______

All three perhaps?

Nicely served.

It is just remarkable how the apologists are now running around defending the DC corruption simply because Obama is in the White House.

The guy ran on change - and what has taken place this past year is simply a considerable increase in the very worst aspects of federal government behavior.

Blah, blah, blah. Talking point after talking point, with no real facts to back them up.

So typical.

I'm going to not post anymore in this thread.

Nicely served.

Blah, blah, blah. Talking point after talking point, with no real facts to back them up.

So typical.

Given your political affiliation, and the broken promises of those you support, I don't blame you for running away.

The situation in DC, controlled by the leftist Democrat elites for the past three years, has become utterly deplorable...

I am not even sure what the Reagan approval ratings have to do with anything.

Somebody made a statement that Obama's approval numbers were the same as August. That is incorrect. They are in fact 4 points lower than August, and 10 points lower than June.

Was Reagan behind that slide perhaps? :)

Someone already said this but I would like to reiterrate it...

The fact that he has gone back on his word about CSPAN is a slap in the face of the liberals and the left of centers...

Most centers and rights have already expressed their displeasure with the bill...seeing it on CSPAN will not anger us any further....we already know about the back room deals......

The left denies these deals exist....

So not being on CSPAN is a direct slap in the face of the left...as it is Obama saying to them that he does not wnat them to see that the right has been accurate all along.

Yet the left blindly supports his decision to NOT put it on CSPAN.

Just for kicks, some of you should start watching (or taping) the rereuns of "The West Wing" on BRAVO from 8AM-10AM every day. You'll get a better understanding that there is no bill of any import that isn't accomplished with a lot of give and take (aka back room deals).

First...President OPbama was the one who PROMISED no more Washington Politics as usual....AND THAT WAS HIS THEME THROUGHOUT THE CAMPAIGN.

I find it humorous that you support Washington Politics as usual...but I digress.

Second...Nancy Pelosi said that the debate was more open and more transparent than any other.

What makes it transparent are not the town hall meetings. Those are the POEPLE attempting to find out what their representative TRULY believes.

What makes them transparent is the people knowing what kind of deals NEED to be made to get the vote of the representative.

I think it became clear to Obama within a month that there was no way in hell he could fulfill the promise (hope?) of no more Washington-as-usual. No sooner had he found his way around the White House than the Republicans began to just say no. And that included ALL the hundreds of conservative publications, Internet pubications, blogsites, and of course message boards like this going on immediate attack. I don't think he realized how much he was hated by the folks who lost the last TWO elections, and by the way, that hatred was never so inourface as it was during the so-called town meetings which for the most part were just a chance for all the Obama haters to scream as loud as they could and vent their fury.

How does someone attempt to change "Washington as usual" with so much opposition? He isn't King. This isn't a Monarchy.

Sinatra said:

That's always the lamest of lame arguments. What presidential candidate does NOT run on "change." That's why we have a presidential election every 8 years. Duh...

I think it became clear to Obama within a month that there was no way in hell he could fulfill the promise (hope?) of no more Washington-as-usual. No sooner had he found his way around the White House than the Republicans began to just say no. And that included ALL the hundreds of conservative publications, Internet pubications, blogsites, and of course message boards like this going on immediate attack. I don't think he realized how much he was hated by the folks who lost the last TWO elections, and by the way, that hatred was never so inourface as it was during the so-called town meetings which for the most part were just a chance for all the Obama haters to scream as loud as they could and vent their fury.

How does someone attempt to change "Washington as usual" with so much opposition? He isn't King. This isn't a Monarchy.

The degree of your ability to deflect any responsiblity for Obama's OWN WORDS is remarkable!!!

So now you are admitting the ENTIRE PREMISE of his campaign was one big LIE.

Obama has been initiating back room deals since DAY one of his administratin. Remember the drug company deal?

And what of his "no lobbyists" pledge? That went by the wayside right quick too.

And now his oft repeated promises for open and accountable government - "show it on CSPAN" is an utter lie as well.

So with this president's propensity to NOT deliver on what he says, how can he be trusted for anything?

Simply put - he cannot.

Sinatra said:

That's always the lamest of lame arguments. What presidential candidate does NOT run on "change." That's why we have a presidential election every 8 years. Duh...

Actually we have presidential elections every FOUR years.

Duh...

So typical.

Given your political affiliation, and the broken promises of those you support, I don't blame you for running away.

The situation in DC, controlled by the leftist Democrat elites for the past three years, has become utterly deplorable...

And of course your comment confirms that statement.

+

Sinatra said:

Actually we have presidential elections every FOUR years.

Duh...

You can trust Barry on one thing, he will lie straight up to your face if he thinks it will help him get votes or support.

Sinatra said:

___

Best go back to a basic civics class pard...

Forum List

Back