Obama's Biggest Challenge

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Obama's biggest challenge is now against the growing number within his own party who are running away from his inept far left big government neo-con progressivism.

With 2010 hovering over them like an ever darkening cloud of voter discontent, these Democrats are now willing to challenge Obama publicly in the hopes that it will secure enough support back home from the majority of anti-Obama Democrat feelings.

Very rare to see a member of a President's own party rebuking his positions, especially just over a year into his first term!
_____

The Hill: Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.), who faces a tough reelection fight, asked Obama to push back against "people at the extremes" of both parties, especially against Democrats "who want extremes."

RealClearPolitics - Video - Sen. Lincoln Asks Obama, Dems To "Push Back"

The prime directive is to get re-elected. Idealism gets thrown under the bus if it costs votes.

And it would appear the some Democrats are now willing to openly throw Obama under that bus...

Oh you mean like 08 and Mcsame, you may be right, the reason he lost was he turned right with Sarah the brain dead, the country is middle of the road and none of these fucking assholes seem to realize it

The prime directive is to get re-elected. Idealism gets thrown under the bus if it costs votes.

And it would appear the some Democrats are now willing to openly throw Obama under that bus...

When now newly "retired" Criss Dodd (who has American protestors on his lawn) is throwing big spending Obama under the bus there is problems.

But, I really think the biggest challenge Obama has right now is fixing is teleprompter--:lol::lol:

Obama's biggest challenge is now against the growing number within his own party who are running away from his inept far left big government neo-con progressivism.

With 2010 hovering over them like an ever darkening cloud of voter discontent, these Democrats are now willing to challenge Obama publicly in the hopes that it will secure enough support back home from the majority of anti-Obama Democrat feelings.

Very rare to see a member of a President's own party rebuking his positions, especially just over a year into his first term!
_____

The Hill: Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.), who faces a tough reelection fight, asked Obama to push back against "people at the extremes" of both parties, especially against Democrats "who want extremes."

I didn't really see her "rebuking" any of Obama's positions. But make things up, if it makes you feel better.

The 2010 mid-terms are approaching.....the dems are getting nervous....

As well they should, as they're likely to lose some seats.
But, Obama's biggest challenge is discontent within the Democratic Party? Puleez. Look at the challenges facing this nation: Two wars, the worst recession in 70 years, soaring costs of government, a trillion and a half in deficit spending, and dissent within his own party is his greatest challenge?

Meanwhile a significant portion of the population still believes all the tired old lies: Obama is an illegal from Kenya, he is a Marxist, he is a Muslim, his friends are terrorists, he is anti American, and so on.

Obama currently heads up the government of a superpower that is fast becoming a third world country.

She is coming very close to calling out Obama as a Democrat extremist!!

Quite shocking the Obama backlash brewing in his own party.

And what of Chris Dodd's public anti-Obama agenda comments??

Remarkable!!

Dodd To Obama: Tone Down Your Ambition On Regulatory Reform

Dodd To Obama: Tone Down Your Ambition On Regulatory Reform | WOPULAR

_____

I didn't really see her "rebuking" any of Obama's positions. But make things up, if it makes you feel better.

She is coming very close to calling out Obama as a Democrat extremist!!
If it makes you feel better, believe that. But I don't see that at all.

Quite shocking the Obama backlash brewing in his own party.

And what of Chris Dodd's public anti-Obama agenda comments??

Remarkable!!

Dodd To Obama: Tone Down Your Ambition On Regulatory Reform

Dodd To Obama: Tone Down Your Ambition On Regulatory Reform | WOPULAR

_____

But, Obama's biggest challenge is discontent within the Democratic Party? Puleez. Look at the challenges facing this nation: Two wars, the worst recession in 70 years, soaring costs of government, a trillion and a half in deficit spending, and dissent within his own party is his greatest challenge?

Meanwhile a significant portion of the population still believes all the tired old lies: Obama is an illegal from Kenya, he is a Marxist, he is a Muslim, his friends are terrorists, he is anti American, and so on.

Obama currently heads up the government of a superpower that is fast becoming a third world country.

All true. The problem is that the DC whores have the US in the hole so badly that it will take many years to right the ship. There are no quick fixes. There were too many jobs moved overseas, there were too many bad decisions, like not upping the MPG requirements and allowing Hummers to exist.
The best Obama can do is stop the bleeding, bash the Wall Street bastards making zillions after taxpayer bailouts. He needs to cap corporate compensation.
He needs to re-write laws stopping incentives to move jobs overseas.
He needs to start some bi-partisan long-range planning, like he said at the state of the union, to include more nuclear, and more off-shore drilling, and I'll toss in ANWR. He needs to create jobs, and ANWR is a good place to start.

Obama needs to address SS & Medicare. He can't ignore them any longer.

Opportunities for bi-partisanship are there, Obama needs to get the ball rolling, even though he may not see the full benefit....this term.

Last edited:
Wake up pard!!

If Obama is truly worried over those challenges you cite - he will be unable to do anything about it because members of his own party are turning against him.

The public challenges being issued against this president from within his former political support system is unprecedented since Watergate!!

It should also be noted that the attacks against Obama by Democrats are due in great part to his utter incompetence in dealing with those challenges - and perhaps making them altogether worse...

Voters look at one thing. Which party will make my life better.

Obama simply doesn't get it. Forget idealism, just get some new jobs working and all will be cool in 2012. If he keeps pushing the leftist agenda, he'll lose big.

Obama simply doesn't get it. Forget idealism, just get some new jobs working and all will be cool in 2012. If he keeps pushing the leftist agenda, he'll lose big.

Your so right. He can pull it out in 2012 if he gets rid of his bs agenda and starts concentrating on jobs and the economy. If unemployment is down and there is a sharp upturn in the economy he could very well win in 2012.

I can't believe he isn't smart enough to have finally figured out his left wing bs ain't flying in America?? If he continues to push it, as you say, he will lose.

He will have more battles with his own party as many Dems are leaping off the good ship Obama. Self preservation being the strong motivator.

Time will tell as always.

Your so right. He can pull it out in 2012 if he gets rid of his bs agenda and starts concentrating on jobs and the economy. If unemployment is down and there is a sharp upturn in the economy he could very well win in 2012.

I can't believe he isn't smart enough to have finally figured out his left wing bs ain't flying in America?? If he continues to push it, as you say, he will lose.

He will have more battles with his own party as many Dems are leaping off the good ship Obama. Self preservation being the strong motivator.

Time will tell as always.
____

Which is exactly what is now brewing - it's figures within his own party who are now Obama's greatest political challenge.

Obama's leftist idealism appears to be running alongside his ignorance and lack of common sense.

Dangerous combination, that....

I think it's funny. All the Democrats were strong to support Owe Bama when it was popular and they thought it would do them some good. Now that Owe Bama has been exposed for what he really is, suddenly many of the Democrats don't want to play any more. Isn't politics such a funny game? Don't like what you are today, just call yourself something different tomorrow. The public will buy into it. It proves my theory that in general, all politicians, no matter what party will do whatever it takes to get re-elected - right on down to selling their soul to the devil.

Biggest challenge these days is getting up in the morning and looking at himself in the mirror and repeating the daily chant...

"I AM THE GREATEST"

without laughing. He knows he's a one termer...he's pretty much admitted it himself.

_____

A shame republicans weren't as smart, when Chimpy McShrub was expanding spending and bureaucracy like LBJ on crack.

I think it's funny. All the Democrats were strong to support Owe Bama when it was popular and they thought it would do them some good. Now that Owe Bama has been exposed for what he really is, suddenly many of the Democrats don't want to play any more. Isn't politics such a funny game? Don't like what you are today, just call yourself something different tomorrow. The public will buy into it. It proves my theory that in general, all politicians, no matter what party will do whatever it takes to get re-elected - right on down to selling their soul to the devil.

Welllll, I don't know about all that...I don't see too many of them filling out contracts of sale with Pelosi.

___

It should also be noted that the media's role in nominating this president is going to be looked upon much more closely in the coming months.

This country elected an inexperienced unknown with no legislative record, and a past blotted with highly questionable character references.

Obama's first year of ineptitude appears a clear example of those chickens coming home to roost...

Forum List

Back