Obamanites

To be honest, I feel that it's like voting between a turd, a turd sandwhich, and a turd on a stick....IMO. I'm sure Larkinn will accuse me of racism because turds are brown.....

Well, I'm not sure how to respond to the analogy. :redface:

But if you don't like any of them, as of right now, who's your least hated?

By the way, don't ask me to stay in one thread, if your going to do cross-thread postings as well. Hypocrite.

Hey dude, I just said you'd call me racist...I didn't say it had anything to do with any other thread. IT was a personal attack. You specifically brought up another thread.

Exactly, which makes perfect sense. :eusa_think:

Well, discrimination can take all kinds of forms. It can be in looking at the address on a resume and making assumptions about the neighborhood, hence the applicant (and I'm not only talking about color; i'm talking about, say, someone having an address on christopher street, in nyc...and thinking that person must be gay). It can be making an assumption based on the person's name; it can be an assumption based on the person's age or gender. None of those things have anything to do with a person's skill set and qualifications for the job. And nine times out of ten, the person discriminated against won't even know it. They simply won't be called for an interview or won't get the job for one reason or another, even if they were the best applicant (something they also won't know unless they happen to be applying for something intra-company).

So, no, discrimination certainly doesn't take on some of its more blatant forms any more (although it raises its ugly head in places like Jena). But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist or that we can't do better. But I don't believe in not confronting these issues head on. They should be talked about and in the light of day extinguished.

Well, I'm not sure how to respond to the analogy. :redface:

But if you don't like any of them, as of right now, who's your least hated?

Least hated....Hate is such a strong word. I'd say Hillary or McCain. They're running a tight race IMO. If McCain wasn't a repub...he's be a Democrat I think. He's been known to be super liberal as well, so I think he has alot of Repubs fooled.

Least hated....Hate is such a strong word. I'd say Hillary or McCain. They're running a tight race IMO. If McCain wasn't a repub...he's be a Democrat I think. He's been known to be super liberal as well, so I think he has alot of Repubs fooled.

I find it so funny when you guys call him a liberal. Someone who doesn't believe in judicial review of legislation is, by definition, a reactionary, not a conservative or liberal.

He just happens to be more moderate than the extremists who hijacked the repub party, so he seems liberal by comparison.

Liberal Republican is an oxymoron now. They've all been run out of the party a la Lincoln Chafee or marginalized a la Arlen Specter.

Hey dude, I just said you'd call me racist...I didn't say it had anything to do with any other thread. IT was a personal attack. You specifically brought up another thread.

Bullshit, and you know it. If your going to bullshit at least do it a bit less transparently than this.

Well, discrimination can take all kinds of forms. It can be in looking at the address on a resume and making assumptions about the neighborhood, hence the applicant (and I'm not only talking about color; i'm talking about, say, someone having an address on christopher street, in nyc...and thinking that person must be gay). It can be making an assumption based on the person's name; it can be an assumption based on the person's age or gender. None of those things have anything to do with a person's skill set and qualifications for the job. And nine times out of ten, the person discriminated against won't even know it. They simply won't be called for an interview or won't get the job for one reason or another, even if they were the best applicant (something they also won't know unless they happen to be applying for something intra-company).

So, no, discrimination certainly doesn't take on some of its more blatant forms any more (although it raises its ugly head in places like Jena). But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist or that we can't do better. But I don't believe in not confronting these issues head on. They should be talked about and in the light of day extinguished.

Oh I agree 100%...but Larkinn has this bizarre notion that it's present everywhere at everytime and that just because you acknowledge the fact that alot of black people like water-melon and fried chicken, that means you're being racist, when you're simply stating a fact. It's like assuming that someone is racist for pointing out that Mexicans eat enchiladas and tacos...it's just a fact. It doesn't mean you are racist.

Jena 6 is noe of these cases...but, who are the racists? Is it the white boy for hanging a noose up, for the black boys for almost killing him and then being backed up by a swarm of black people who think he is justified? The boy didn't commit a crime did he? Freedom of expression/speech right? Don't get me wrong, I think the boy deserved to get his ass whooped. But IMO, if you're going to kick someone's ass an put them close to death, you're going to face consequences no matter what the motive...unless your physically defending yourself against an assault. Why I don't care to see, is Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, and others defending a group of kids for beating the shit out of someone. We see this all of the time, such as the demonstration and protests of Stanley "Tookie" Williams. Because Bush wouldn't pardon this murderer (who happened to be black) he hates black people and all the black people are pissed. I just don't understand it. I agree that racism does exist---Larkinn has failed to acknowledge my statement of this. But it's not as rampant or severe as it has been in the past, and it's not as large scale as he suggests.

Bullshit, and you know it. If your going to bullshit at least do it a bit less transparently than this.
???

Quoted from Larkinn (White Power thread)

"Gee, maybe its the one who is out posting lies about Obama, the one who thinks that Racism is A OK if you don't spot it for 60 days, and who thinks that racism just magically disappeared overnight"

You made this post before any of these current post on the Obama thread. YOU made mention on the other thread of things I've posted in this thread. And I told you to keep it in the thread. Then I made a statement that you will most likely call me racist. Did I say that you posted it in another thread??? Nope....You are wrong

I find it so funny when you guys call him a liberal. Someone who doesn't believe in judicial review of legislation is, by definition, a reactionary, not a conservative or liberal.

He just happens to be more moderate than the extremists who hijacked the repub party, so he seems liberal by comparison.

Liberal Republican is an oxymoron now. They've all been run out of the party a la Lincoln Chafee or marginalized a la Arlen Specter.

maybe so maybe so. I guess I'm so young that I don't quite remember the moderate repubs...lol

maybe so maybe so. I guess I'm so young that I don't quite remember the moderate repubs...lol

Ha! That's great. But I can tell you that if he were running today, Richard Nixon would be called a RINO.

He was an environmentalist, pro choice, opened china...

ok...he had a paranoid thing going on, but if he hadn't gotten caught, he'd have probably gone down as one of the greatest presidents ever.... and today, he wouldn't even get through the primaries.

Oh I agree 100%...but Larkinn has this bizarre notion that it's present everywhere at everytime and that just because you acknowledge the fact that alot of black people like water-melon and fried chicken, that means you're being racist, when you're simply stating a fact. It's like assuming that someone is racist for pointing out that Mexicans eat enchiladas and tacos...it's just a fact. It doesn't mean you are racist.

You don't know the difference between "some" and "all". One is racist, one is not. Further you don't know what racism is. Oh, and I don't have that "bizarre notion", thats just another strawman you've fabricated because you can't counter my actual views.

Ha! That's great. But I can tell you that if he were running today, Richard Nixon would be called a RINO.

He was an environmentalist, pro choice, opened china...

ok...he had a paranoid thing going on, but if he hadn't gotten caught, he'd have probably gone down as one of the greatest presidents ever.... and today, he wouldn't even get through the primaries.

Yeah I know, if it wasn't for that Watergate scandal and paranoia, Nixon would have become a different household name.

You don't know the difference between "some" and "all". One is racist, one is not. Further you don't know what racism is. Oh, and I don't have that "bizarre notion", thats just another strawman you've fabricated because you can't counter my actual views.

Hmmm...just like you've taken ONE study and applied it all over the U.S??? I guess you don't understand the meaning of "some" and "all" either eh? And what about posting about other threads?? Was I not right and you wrong??? I've noticed you fail to admit your mistakes and "mistatements." You just simply ignore that it ever happened and move on to harp on something else.
If I threw you in a cirlce surrounded by different races, which would you choose???? Most likely your own race...*unless there was an entire race of bikini models* does that make you racist because you chose your own race?? Nope.

Hmmm...just like you've taken ONE study and applied it all over the U.S??? I guess you don't understand the meaning of "some" and "all" either eh?

I guess you don't realize the meaning of a "representative sample" or how studies are done, do you?

And what about posting about other threads?? Was I not right and you wrong???

No, you were wrong, actually. This thread had nothing to do with the other one, until you started crying "racist".

I've noticed you fail to admit your mistakes and "mistatements." You just simply ignore that it ever happened and move on to harp on something else.
If I threw you in a cirlce surrounded by different races, which would you choose???? Most likely your own race...*unless there was an entire race of bikini models* does that make you racist because you chose your own race?? Nope.

It does, actually.

For queen and country eh?? You Brits have just as many odd tendancies and traditions....like having tea-time in the middle of a battle....(a little WWII history for you.)

The code telling us to do this is not enforced...obviously, considered Obama was not arrested on sight or punished legally for the matter. It's a sign of respect and devotion to one's country. I'm sure you brits have some sort of respectful ritual you do when you're countries flag is flown in patriotic ceremonies. Our nations laws, Consitution, does have it's basis in England.

I'm not British, I'm a NZer...:O)

As an aside, I like your national anthem. Much better than ours. Find the lyrics of yours unnecessarily complicated, bit the melody is beautiful. Ours sux - especially the lyric...

I guess you don't realize the meaning of a "representative sample" or how studies are done, do you?

First off, I don't believe in "representative sample" under this logic...all of the Middle Eastern countries could say that President Bush represents the will of the American people...:rolleyes: I also don't believe a representative examples because people will travel to Jasper, TX (white dominated) and take a poll on "Texas views of racism" and come up with a frickin statistic like, "98% of Texans view blacks as a subspecies." I can't stand representative samples...they're not accurate, and they generalize like the stereotypes that you hate so much.

No, you were wrong, actually. This thread had nothing to do with the other one, until you started crying "racist".

Try again....I said you'd call me racist. I never said that you specifically posted it on another thread, nor that that you were posting lies. I made a blatant statement about your pre-pubescent views of racism.

You then brought up me "posting lies about Obama". Insinuating that I was posting lies on another thread. I then simply told you to keep that information in the OBAMANITES thread and to stay on topic. You, my friend:eusa_liar:, are the one who is wrong.

WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK ABOUT THIS SCENARIO??

I asked Larkinn?

It does, actually.

Does anyone else believe that you're racist for choosing to join your own race if you were dropped in a circle surrounded by different races?? It's basic psychology, people choose to hang out with other people that they have more in common with. Look at a school lunch room. Even though all the kids get along (for the most part), they sit racially <---for the most part. There are exceptions, but the vast majority unconsciously sit based on race. Your whites sit together, your blacks sit together, and your hispanics sit together. Even younger children, who still have no concept of race or racism, sit seperately alot of the time. I don't see how you're racist for choosing your own race to be with. Does that mean you hate the other races??? (RACIST) or does that just mean that you'd rather be with people you have more in common with and can adapt to easier....?

I'm not British, I'm a NZer...:O)

As an aside, I like your national anthem. Much better than ours. Find the lyrics of yours unnecessarily complicated, bit the melody is beautiful. Ours sux - especially the lyric...

lol...sorry. You posted "yanks" in another post and I assumed you were British.

I like our national anthem to...it stirs some emotion. You're right about the lyrics though. Then again, someoen just didn't sit down and think of what would be cool. It was written by Frances Scott Key during a bombardment in 1814 involving a ship he was on. He was inspired by it and wrote a poem. The tune was inspired by a British drinking song, of all things...lol

Obama just seems to be an oober-complicated man...way to complicated for my liking. I just feel like he's still so young, that he doesn't even have himself figured out yet. He's kind of just flying by the seat of his pants IMO. Pardon me for not being techinical about it, but it's just a character assessment. I feel politicians have all gotten to "act" about the same. They're all going to tell you that their going to change this and change that and that they're going to fix this and fix that. It seems like the only way you can really honestly choose a candidate is to evaluate their character and vote for someone you could sit down and have a cup of coffee with and actually have a conversation...Not that I've tried with either candidates...lol....but you know what I mean.

Forum List

Back