Obamacare - undirect tax?

Norman

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hello,

I was just watching Peter Schiff's take on the supreme court decision:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNCyEC9r_mk&list=UUIjuLiLHdFxYtFmWlbTGQRQ&index=1&feature=plcp]The Supreme Court is wrong: ObamaCare is UNCONSTITUTIONAL - YouTube[/ame]

I thought it was pretty good. Particularly the part about the fact that how can the tax not be a direct tax if the income tax is. Of course, how the system can work if most people will take the fee over insurance will remain questionable as always. The bill has passed and we will find out.

Last edited:
According to the CBO, about 4 million people will choose to pay that "tax". The rest are either below the poverty limit, covered by their employers, or covered under Medicare.

The operative word being "choose".

I get to choose whether or not I pay a tax on my smokes. The tax is designed to make me quit and I can opt out at any time. This isn't a new concept at all.

According to the CBO, about 4 million people will choose to pay that "tax". The rest are either below the poverty limit, covered by their employers, or covered under Medicare.

I get to choose whether or not I pay a tax on my smokes. The tax is designed to make me quit and I can opt out at any time. This isn't a new concept at all.

That's pretty much it.

"Choose". As in NOTHING happens to you if you don't pay it.

That's pretty much it.

"Choose". As in NOTHING happens to you if you don't pay it.

Liar. On par with tmn. Ignore tax at your own peril.

Little by little we continue to lose liberties in this country.
A little hack there, a slice off there...at the same time the governments role and authority over pieces of our lives continues to grow and grow.
This is another example. Unless it is repealed, the government's role in our lives just expanded exponentially yesterday. And this is the same government that is wholly corrupt, inept and continue to act to the benefit of special interest rather than the citizens they no longer serve.
Why anyone would want this government to control so many parts of their lives is beyond me.

Forum List

Back