Obamacare Nightmare Stories

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
Obamacare Nightmare Stories

Thu Mar 26, 2015
GOP congresswoman gets surprise on Facebook after asking constituents for Obamacare horror stories

by Jen Hayden Follow

mcm.png

attribution: Cathy McMorris Rodgers Facebook page​

Not exactly the response she was hoping for. ...

Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers posted an image on her official Facebook page, slamming the Affordable Care Act on the fifth anniversary of President Obama signing it into law. She asked constituents to share their Obamacare nightmare stories and well, the response probably wasn't what she expected. Below are a small sample of the comments constituents left on her page:

My story is that I once knew 7 people who couldn't get health insurance. Now they all have it, thanks to the ACA and President Obama, and their plans are as good as the one my employer provides--and they pay less for them. Now, that's not the kind of story you want to hear. You want to hear made-up horror stories. I don't know anyone with one of those stories. I work for cancer care northwest. We actually have more patients with insurance and fewer having to choose treatment over bankruptcy. Cathy, I'm a die hard conservative and I'm asking you to stop just slamming Obamacare. Fix it, change it or come up with a better idea! Thanks With Obamacare, I saved 300 bucks a month premium.. I have more coverage.. I like ObamaCare and can't wait til we go to the next step... Medicare for ALL.

<snip>

Those are just a small sample of the hundreds or even thousands of comments left on her Facebook page. It is damn clear that her constituents are loving the Affordable Care Act. Will she take their comments to heart and abandon attempts to take insurance coverage away from her constituents?

<snip>

Mitchell WiggsThe Republican solution to th Afordable Care Act? Let people drown in debt, clutter our emergency rooms, and die from lack of coverage due to pre-existing conditions. No thanks, "Congresswoman". Some of us care more about our fellow Americans than trying to bash the President. Keep trying to scare your followers with phony horror stories, though wink emoticon

Now that Kathy McMorris-Rodgers has been told in no uncertain terms by her constituents what life is really like in her "home" district, will McMorris-Rodgers choose to represent her constituents or-----or will she continue to be a rightwing ideologue/ODSer?

Well I wonder if that woman let anyone know if she's being subsidized by the taxpayers of America??

You can bet your ass anyone who likes this POS bill is being subsidized by the taxpayers.

Those of us who covered by our employers are paying more for that coverage. My benifits costs went up by 30%. Yup. That POS is a winner all right.

Ask those who checked into the ACA.

I work with a lady who did just that. Her deductable was $27,000.00 dollars.

Don't know about you but I would need to take out a loan to pay the deductable so I could use my benefits.

The only winners with this POS bill are those the rest of us will be forced to pay for.

The ACA sucks as do those fucking idiots who passed that POS.

Well I wonder if that woman let anyone know if she's being subsidized by the taxpayers of America??

You can bet your ass anyone who likes this POS bill is being subsidized by the taxpayers.

Those of us who covered by our employers are paying more for that coverage. My benifits costs went up by 30%. Yup. That POS is a winner all right.

Don't know about you but I would need to take out a loan to pay the deductable so I could use my benefits.

The only winners with this POS bill are those the rest of us will be forced to pay for.

OK...let me clarify.

You just claimed that someone found a plan on the ACA with a $27,000 deductible? You also just claimed that your premiums went up 30%.

Is that right? You sad, lying piece of shit.

I don't believe a word of what you wrote but-----but if you can supply links/proof of your ladyfriend's plight... we can discuss how she screwed up.

Unlike you who can hide behind the anonymity of a message board - the hundreds, maybe thousands of people that responded to the 4th ranking Republican in the House of Representatives bullshit facebook post responded via facebook - using their real names. Put another way, the stories people told on facebook are checkable, can your post stand up to the same scrutiny?

Before paying another premium on a bad/criminal policy, maybe your girlfriend should talk to Dylan McGuire:

Dylan McGuire My premiums have not increased, my hours have not been reduced and I know a couple of people who were able to get medical care through insurance rather than going to an emergency room. Taxes are no more difficult than they have ever been.

This is the difference between the above comment and the Facebook comments the idiot Congresswoman got.

Facebook tends not to be anonymous.

i personally know two Obama haters that now have medical insurance and can get the care they need.
They still hate Obama, cause they got on the Medicaid expansion that Kasich used in Ohio.which was thanks to Obamacare. But Kasich gets the credit. They hate Obama.

But they love having health insurance.and being able to see a doctor. They have health problems.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN ..

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN ..?

I'm not surprised in the least that that you could care less about your fellow Americans. In addition to the Preamble to the United States Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you hate? We The People?

Earl Roney's wife and millions of other Americans are finally getting the health care they require without having the additional stress of overwhelming debt homelessness and premature death.

What's the Republican plan for saving Earl Roney's wife's life without evicting Mr. & Mrs. Roney and possibly the Roney children from their family home for a life of homelessness. I see by your post that it bores you to consider the lives of your fellow Americans, but I am curious - what's the Republican plan?

Earl Roney My wife is disabled and she could not leave her current plan that sucked, $40 Dr copays and no limit out of pocket and because of preexisting conditions couldn't leave. Obama care gave us a plan through BC/BS $120.00 per month cheaper 3 times better, $10 copay and $2,000 max out of pocket. You are a member of a party that are just prostitutes of the 1%. Your party is bankrupt of ideas and has no idea how to actually govern but only obstruct those that can. Want proof, look at every red state that is basically on welfare from the blue states, lower in education, wages, health care and on and on. Just put on a mini skirt and hit the streets, it is all your good for, anything for a buck is the GOP motto.

I hope Mr. Roney doesn't mind but I'm going to use his sentence "You [Cathy McMorris-Rodgers] are a member of a party that are just prostitutes of the 1%." Good one Mr. Roney.

A constituent says to the Congresswoman: "Fix it, change it or come up with a better idea!"

Exactly. In fact, you could apply this to EVERYTHING when it comes to the GOP. Stop your fucking whining and either fix it, change it, or come up with a better idea.

Brainless, cowardly fucks.

Claudette, You are one big LIAR. You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about. I'm retired at 55 building investor. and partners with other business ventures like medical research and equipment. Proud to say a successful one. my health insurance is ACA. My HR group and lawyers researched this intensively for almost a year. So when liar like you scaring people go get a job at Fox News.

Forum List

Back