Seriously? When identity politics goes horribly wrong

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Yes, it has gone terribly wrong. I know, I know, you've heard it over and over, but this is what amounts to a twist. There are Democrat policymakers such as Representative Vanessa Summers (D-IN, 99th District, Indianapolis) who are so enamored with finding racism in any aspect of human life or thinking, that they steep to accusing 4 year old children of being racist. Yep, you heard me. The poor kid shies away from a new face, a black face, buries his little head into the chest of his father and cries. His father? A Republican. And just because the young one turns away from her, it makes the toddler, and his father, racist. Are you f**king kidding me?!

Now for those of you demanding proof, see below. What should possess a person to accuse an innocent child of being racist? What now? Will someone accuse me of being racist for calling out this African American policymaker for her colossally ignorant statements? Well then, for that I shall be a Klansman. Because people like Summers are condemnable, reprehensible people. If that gets me painted as a racist, so be it, feel free to exit this thread at your leisure.

This obsession of Democrats painting Republicans as racist has gone way too far. The Religious Freedom Law in Indiana is, understandably, a controversial issue. However, it has prompted some very ugly and spurious language directed at an innocent child. For any of you who see this as justified, what do you have to say for yourselves? Explain why it is justified in the political arena to attack the very child of a fellow opposing lawmaker?

First, the video:

And then the article:

The already contentious debate over Indiana's proposed "religious freedom" bill took a surreal twist Monday afternoon when — in the midst of discussion on the bill — a Democratic lawmaker said that a Republican lawmaker's child was "scared" of her because she is black.

The comment by Rep. Vanessa Summers drew audible gasps, in no small part because the child — the son of Rep. Jud McMillin — is 18 months old.

"I told Jud McMillin I love his son, but he's scared of me because of my color," Summers told McMillin, who is white, during debate over the Religious Freedom Restoration Act in the House.

"It's hard," said Summers, D-Indianapolis. Then, as other lawmakers groaned at the comments, she followed up with, "It's true."

Summers stood by her comments afterward, detailing the meeting with McMillin's young son earlier in the session.

"He looked at me like I was a monster and turned around and cried. And I told him you need to introduce your child to some people that are dark-skinned so he will not be scared," she said.

Asked whether his son shied away because of her skin color, she said, "I truly believe so."

Lawmaker says colleague s toddler feared her because she s black

Last edited:
republicans mocking clintons daughter.....you act like this is something new...o new to you to suck the nobs of those conservatives that you think follow your line of thinking....how sad

Forum List

Back