Obamacare is the ACA -for those who know nothing about it

Might as well call it "Obamacare" it's way more accurate than the ACA, there is nothing affordable about it.

Have you been on it, have you shopped for ins. elsewhere, have you even been to the site?????

I bet you know nothing about it.

I know quite a bit about it. I keep up with current events and I am capable of logic and reason. You apparently are not.

I doubt it, do you even have insurance? I doubt it. I doubt you know anything about it. Or you are a government employee and I'm subsidizing your health insurance.

Well, I'll give you this much, you are totally wrong but at least you are consistent.

Not only do I have insurance that I pay for, I'm a healthcare professional and a manager of a healthcare contracting company. I have insurance and I know a lot about Obamacare.

There is nothing affordable about it and that is about to get much worse.

This always a tough subject for me to sit through on sites like this.

I work for a medical insurance company, and in June of 2013, I was put on a transition team to get our company ready for Obamacare/ACA.

When it all started on January 1st 2014...I was working in Customer Service AND Appeals and Grievances.

When it comes to Obamacare/ACA....I am the rubber that meets the road.

When Politicians and Pundits talk about the ACA, it's abundantly clear they know less about it than I do.

I even know more about it than the average policy holder, because I've been involved in the experiences of thousands of them. I talk with roughly 30 of them per day, 5 days/week, = appx 7,200 a year...that I talk to about their Obamacare policies.

I know what the problems are, and I know what the solutions are.

Let me save you all some suspense....

20 years tops...with Obamacare, or Obamacare modified by Trump, or a complete repeal.....we will have a national access to healthcare crisis.

That crisis will force the US into a single payor system like the rest of the world has.

No way to stop it at all

Until then...I'll sit back and watch righties and lefties bludgeon each other with the issue in absolute and complete futility

I'd like to know what the most common complaints those on the ACA have told you about? If you could list several that would be great.
By far the most common complaints are network related.

1. The doctor or facility need to be contracted with ACA policies, and because those networks are relatively new...they don't have lot's of doctors.

2. The enrollment process is new as well, and problems can easily come up, and when they do, are very hard to resolve.

3. People don't stop to realize when they pick the cheapest plan, $65/mo after subsidies....that you'll have huge copays, and it's only real purpose is to provide an annual out of pocket maximum of $3K to $10K.

Those are the main problems, and those problems have nothing to do with Republicans and Democrats.

I work for a medical insurance company, and in June of 2013, I was put on a transition team to get our company ready for Obamacare/ACA.

When it all started on January 1st 2014...I was working in Customer Service AND Appeals and Grievances.

When Politicians and Pundits talk about the ACA, it's abundantly clear they know less about it than I do.

I even know more about it than the average policy holder, because I've been involved in the experiences of thousands of them. I talk with roughly 30 of them per day, 5 days/week, = appx 7,200 a year...that I talk to about their Obamacare policies.

20 years tops...with Obamacare, or Obamacare modified by Trump, or a complete repeal.....we will have a national access to healthcare crisis.

That crisis will force the US into a single payor system like the rest of the world has.

No way to stop it at all

Until then...I'll sit back and watch righties and lefties bludgeon each other with the issue in absolute and complete futility

I'd like to know what the most common complaints those on the ACA have told you about? If you could list several that would be great.

1. The doctor or facility need to be contracted with ACA policies, and because those networks are relatively new...they don't have lot's of doctors.

2. The enrollment process is new as well, and problems can easily come up, and when they do, are very hard to resolve.

3. People don't stop to realize when they pick the cheapest plan, $65/mo after subsidies....that you'll have huge copays, and it's only real purpose is to provide an annual out of pocket maximum of $3K to $10K.

Those are the main problems, and those problems have nothing to do with Republicans and Democrats.

# 3 is lack of education and people will have that with any insurance , in or out of the ACA. Your job or the insurer's job is to explain it, and to be honest if one can read , everything is easily spelled out on the Healthcare.gov website. Many people do not understand their workplace healthcare plan either.

# 2- No one I know had a hard time with the site , although one needs some computer experience, or where I am they have BCBS , and other agents to walk one through the process and one can do it all on the phone.

#1. It should not change healthcare that much, but it might affect billing more. Some of the preventative things are new, and need to be coded correctly. Nothing new is going to have a smooth transition.

Yes most of the 19 states are Republican States than have not expanded Medicaid, which causes a large donut hole of uninsured people. Thank you, from the major three things I do not believe they are anything new with having insurance, except knowing how to use a computer, but then one can pick up the phone as well.

No way to stop it at all

# 3 is lack of education and people will have that with any insurance , in or out of the ACA. Your job or the insurer's job is to explain it, and to be honest if one can read , everything is easily spelled out on the Healthcare.gov website. Many people do not understand their workplace healthcare plan either.

# 2- No one I know had a hard time with the site , although one needs some computer experience, or where I am they have BCBS , and other agents to walk one through the process and one can do it all on the phone.

#1. It should not change healthcare that much, but it might affect billing more. Some of the preventative things are new, and need to be coded correctly. Nothing new is going to have a smooth transition.

Yes most of the 19 states are Republican States than have not expanded Medicaid, which causes a large donut hole of uninsured people. Thank you, from the major three things I do not believe they are anything new with having insurance, except knowing how to use a computer, but then one can pick up the phone as well.
#3....Insurers have nothing to do with answering policy question prior to, or during enrollment, that is the job of Healthcare.gov, it's reps, or Covered California, it's reps, or the insurance broker who sells the plan.

#2....the problems come in when someone has changes during or after the enrollment process, like moving, or income changes.

#1.....the ACA is not changing healthcare, it's changing Healthcare insurance. Servicing large employer groups is way more cost effective for insurers than handling every policy one consumer at a time

No way to stop it at all

#3....Insurers have nothing to do with answering policy question prior to, or during enrollment, that is the job of Healthcare.gov, it's reps, or Covered California, it's reps, or the insurance broker who sells the plan.

#2....the problems come in when someone has changes during or after the enrollment process, like moving, or income changes.

#1.....the ACA is not changing healthcare, it's changing Healthcare insurance. Servicing large employer groups is way more cost effective for insurers than handling every policy one consumer at a time

The agents do. Yes one can call the ACA and get answers.

Well in a way its changing healthcare, as it has several preventative screenings that were not involved in regular healthcare insurance. Yes one has to upload info or mail info in when making changes. I can see where a large group insurance is easier, but this is the healthcare of the future, or universal healthcare. I see think its a good thing, change is never easy , and it will save money in the long run.

No way to stop it at all

Well in a way its changing healthcare, as it has several preventative screenings that were not involved in regular healthcare insurance. Yes one has to upload info or mail info in when making changes. I can see where a large group insurance is easier, but this is the healthcare of the future, or universal healthcare. I see think its a good thing, change is never easy , and it will save money in the long run.
I would tend to agree...because if we don't make a go of it and solve these problems, we will have a single payor system before too long....and besides being out of work, I'm not sure I'm finding a lot of fault with that either, to be honest

I would tend to agree...because if we don't make a go of it and solve these problems, we will have a single payor system before too long....and besides being out of work, I'm not sure I'm finding a lot of fault with that either, to be honest

I would so much rather make a go out of the ACA than universal ins. It will save on jobs such as yours as well.

No way to stop it at all

I'll quibble with #1. The ACA is changing healthcare. We have a worsening shortage of doctors as quite a few have decided to retire early rather than undergo the conversion to electric records and the other micro-managing details of ObamaCare. The ACA rewards consolidation of health care organizations, so the small local practice is being pushed out of existence.

Our primary care doctor's practice lost a doctor due to early retirement...and they haven't been able to recruit a replacement (in Berkeley, CA of all places). Hence, they are refusing new patients. The trend is for doctors to just be employees of mega providers.

I would so much rather make a go out of the ACA than universal ins. It will save on jobs such as yours as well.
I would tend to agree, but what I fear will happen...is that healthcare insurance will cease to be a profitable investment, and healthcare will be cost prohibitive to the patient without insurance....all at the same time.

You would then REALLY have people dying outside emergency rooms.

The government will have to step in to provider medical care, and it'll just morph into a permanent system

No way to stop it at all

I'll quibble with #1. The ACA is changing healthcare. We have a worsening shortage of doctors as quite a few have decided to retire early rather than undergo the conversion to electric records and the other micro-managing details of ObamaCare. The ACA rewards consolidation of health care organizations, so the small local practice is being pushed out of existence.

Our primary care doctor's practice lost a doctor due to early retirement...and they haven't been able to recruit a replacement (in Berkeley, CA of all places). Hence, they are refusing new patients. The trend is for doctors to just be employees of mega providers.
Dr shortages affect different areas in different ways.

One example is Arizona. If you talk to a righty they'll say there aren't any doctors anymore. But what's really happening is that the doctors are there, and they're just not named Dr Smith of Dr Jones anymore, it's Dr Ahmad, or Dr Chin, or Dr Patel

One example is Arizona. If you talk to a righty they'll say there aren't any doctors anymore. But what's really happening is that the doctors are there, and they're just not named Dr Smith of Dr Jones anymore, it's Dr Ahmad, or Dr Chin, or Dr Patel

That is such a crock of excrement. That's what you think, not what conservatives do.

That is such a crock of excrement. That's what you think, not what conservatives do.
Huh?

No way to stop it at all

BS they have been using tablets and recorders forever. In my area they all receive new patients. Hey I'm all for larger practices, that have x-ray, labs, bone scans, and pharmacies available. Also several doctors , family and specialists under the same roof. The ACA has not changed healthcare in as far as electronic records, that was happening before the ACA. Its a good thing.

BS they have been using tablets and recorders forever. In my area they all receive new patients. Hey I'm all for larger practices, that have x-ray, labs, bone scans, and meds available. Also several doctors , family and specialists under the same roof. The ACA has not changed healthcare in as far as electronic records, that was happening before the ACA. Its a good thing.

I call shenanigans. Link to where All The Doctors in your area are accepting new patients. Bonus points if they all accept ObamaCare Individual Policy and Medicare ones.

BS they have been using tablets and recorders forever. In my area they all receive new patients. Hey I'm all for larger practices, that have x-ray, labs, bone scans, and meds available. Also several doctors , family and specialists under the same roof. The ACA has not changed healthcare in as far as electronic records, that was happening before the ACA. Its a good thing.

I call shenanigans. Link to where All The Doctors in your area are accepting new patients. Bonus points if they all accept ObamaCare Individual Policy and Medicare ones.

The only longer wait is for Respiratory and Neuro Specialists about 1.5 months They do not ask if one has the ACA, they ask what carrier (insurance ) you have. The AFA is not an insurance. Most here take Medicaid, I know someone who is very ill and on Medicaid and he gets very good care, he sees many specialists. They are keeping him out of the hospital, of which he use to have to go a lot (to er and then admitted for a few days).

Perhaps some areas do have a shortage but don't blame it on the ACA.

I think everyone should pay what they can for health insurance , don't you??

It's none of my business how other people finance their health care. It would be wrong to try to force my views on them with government mandates.

You either need job that supplies HI , rich and can pay cash, or are still a child at age 26, but you must have HI or pay. See I do not want my taxes to pay for your lack of HI.

Who says that you "need" anything ?

See I do not want my taxes to pay for your lack of HI.

Neither do I. But we don't need to force people to buy corporate insurance to accomplish that. Just change the laws that require you to pay for other people's health care.

No it can't happen. They same reason that everyone pays into Medicare and SS, young , middle age, and seniors till the age of retirement. There are some reasons one does not need to pay the fine for not joining.

Yes we need to force people to have insurance, same as auto insurance. Welcome to 2016 where we do not want to pay for your healthcare costs, and its time to pull your own weight.

That would be great.

Why don't you describe what that means.

We spend 8,700 per person per year.

You really think people pay that much ?

Neither do I. But we don't need to force people to buy corporate insurance to accomplish that. Just change the laws that require you to pay for other people's health care.

No it can't happen They same reason that everyone pays into Medicare and SS, young , middle age, and seniors till the age of retirement. There are some reasons one does not need to pay the fine for not joining.

Sure it can. If you've got the votes. If a majority of voters are as stingy as you, you should be able to get EMTALA repealed.

Yes we need to force people to have insurance, same as auto insurance. Welcome to 2016 where we do not want to pay for your healthcare costs, and its time to pull your own weight.

We can pull our own weight with being slaves to your corporations. Even after all these years debating it, I'm still astounded that liberals are so eager to sell us out to their corporate sponsors.

If you voted for Trump you just sold yourself to billionaires. Get ready to pull your straps up.

Trump is a moron and won't do much for this country.

But, please explain just what this means.

It's nothing more than a left wing B.S. talking point.

No it can't happen They same reason that everyone pays into Medicare and SS, young , middle age, and seniors till the age of retirement. There are some reasons one does not need to pay the fine for not joining.

Sure it can. If you've got the votes. If a majority of voters are as stingy as you, you should be able to get EMTALA repealed.

We can pull our own weight with being slaves to your corporations. Even after all these years debating it, I'm still astounded that liberals are so eager to sell us out to their corporate sponsors.

If you voted for Trump you just sold yourself to billionaires. Get ready to pull your straps up.

Trump is a moron and won't do much for this country.

But, please explain just what this means.

It's nothing more than a left wing B.S. talking point.

No its not, most of his picks are billionaires.

Forum List

Back