Obamacare is a subsidy for the insurance industry

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
All the tax credits and fines to boost insurance purchases. I thought we needed to stop subsidizing private industry?

And before you ask YES, I believe oil subsidies should stop. All of them should.

and the idea was a republican idea to fend off universal care.

they thougth it up and promoted it right up until Obama said well OK lets try it.

Then you fucking dishonest hacks called it "shusulium"

IF it were true that the obamatax is a subsidy for insurance companies we would have a system more like the Swiss. The obamatax is designed to slowly squeeze the insurance industry out of business as more and more people are shifted over to the cheaper government exchanges. The goal is, to eventually end insurance and go to single payer like the failed policies of the UK.

• Banned
and the idea was a republican idea to fend off universal care.

they thougth it up and promoted it right up until Obama said well OK lets try it.

Then you fucking dishonest hacks called it "shusulium"

I've never supported this in any fashion. As usual you prove to be a useless idiot.

• Banned
IF it were true that the obamatax is a subsidy for insurance companies we would have a system more like the Swiss. The obamatax is designed to slowly squeeze the insurance industry out of business as more and more people are shifted over to the cheaper government exchanges. The goal is, to eventually end insurance and go to single payer like the failed policies of the UK.

While your end result is accurate imo, the tax credits are designed to help people purchase policies. The net result will be more policies sold. Thus a subsidy.

Other sections of the bill could bankrupt the industry but those are designed to take effect much further down the road.

And to have physician assistants, as our medical practitioners. Many small, i.e., hospitals and clinics in small towns, will not be able to stay in business. Or so I was told recently by a practicing physician who will be taking early retirement in less than two years....:mad:

All the tax credits and fines to boost insurance purchases. I thought we needed to stop subsidizing private industry?

And before you ask YES, I believe oil subsidies should stop. All of them should.

Well the choice was either go with single payer..or the ACA.

I would have preferred Single Payer..or Medicare for all.

Gramps.. the government took over the health care insurance company. It's all theirs now to tax as they see fit. I'ts not private any more. The government writes the rules levies the taxes, collects the taxes and mandates what care you will receive.

hell they dont even want a public option.

well now anyway even though the right is the one who came up with the idea

And to have physician assistants, as our medical practitioners. Many small, i.e., hospitals and clinics in small towns, will not be able to stay in business. Or so I was told recently by a practicing physician who will be taking early retirement in less than two years....:mad:

Physicians won't work for government mandated pay scales. Medicare and medicaid patiens won't have access to physicians.

Failed?

People in the UK, on average, live longer and are healthier then people here.

That's with the smoking, drinking and a diet rich in fat.

So it's not their life styles.

But if you call healthier people with longer lives..a failure..I'll take it.

news flash! They are already doing this in SW Mizzouri through regional clinics provided by the biggest healthcare corporation in Joplin, Mo. They have been doing this for the past 9 years.

Physicians won't work for government mandated pay scales. Medicare and medicaid patiens won't have access to physicians.

It takes me three weeks to see my neurosurgeon in private practice.

I heard the same thing this morning in a television debate. The bulk of medical care will be taken over by nurse practitioners and physician's assistants. Which isn't bad for many conditions, but when it goes wrong, it really goes wrong. A couple of years ago I had a condition, and agreed to see a physician's assistant instead of the doctor because I could get in much quicker, BIG MISTAKE. The PA began treating me for something I didn't have and it ended up life threatening. It took the doctor 30 seconds to identify the condition and the mistake. It's frightening to think that under the obamatax I might not have been able to see a doctor at all.

Forum List

Back