obamacare health insurance doubles per semester at universities

Students who purchase insurance plans from North Carolina public universities this fall will be shelling out $709 per semester. That’s up significantly from a cost of $460 per semester last year.
…Students at Guilford College, a private liberal arts college in Greensboro, were informed in July that the cost of their school-provided health insurance plan was set to rise from $668 per semester in 2011 to $1,179 per semester this fall.

How many of those students are under 26?

We were told all insurance was going down....including their parents.....so I'm guessing your position is now that, Obamacare only intended to lower premiums on student insurance and not on their parents?

We were told all insurance was going down....including their parents.....so I'm guessing your position is now that, Obamacare only intended to lower premiums on student insurance and not on their parents?

Moving the bar.....but I'll bite

The thread is about rising costs for healthcare at colleges because of Obamacare. Any attempt to claim costs are going up because of Obamacare that do not acknowlege that students under 26 can be covered under their parents policy is deceptive

The thread is about rising costs for healthcare at colleges because of Obamacare. Any attempt to claim costs are going up because of Obamacare that do not acknowlege that students under 26 can be covered under their parents policy is deceptive

How is it deceptive? Students are required to have coverage. If their only option is to buy it through the university, which happens to be the case for some students, their cost just doubled. The fact that some students can slip in with coverage from their parents is irrelevant.

I didnt move the bar, I answer you moving the bar. you wanted to know how many were on their parents insurance and apparently didnt think we'd notice that question.
Sorry but the question is for people who ARE getting college insurance....and it's going up

now how about the parents as well?

College Healthcare Costs Skyrocket Under Obamacare – Hopeless Change… - The Ulsterman Report

but you dems are just being good little german soldiers aren't you. LOL

Reps your way. We have said from day one this will only increase costs.

Democrats denied and lied, then added a few more freebees.....

Cost increases have dropped dramatically over the last two years. It was funny hearing Clinton mention this, telling everyone that healthcare costs have only increased 4% over each of the last two years, which is significantly lower than the double digit increases we were seeing prior to this. When Clinton said this, I knew he was not making up numbers because my family's insurance rates have only increased by 4% each of the last two years. In fact, I mentioned this is some other thread a month or two ago. Prior to the ACA being passed, I had seen rate increases above 10% for every year as far back as I can remember.

The facts are in the numbers. The question is what will the effect be on rates once the entire ACA goes into effect in 2014. But as for now, the ACA is bringing down costs, and anyone who denies it is a flat out liar.

I didnt move the bar, I answer you moving the bar. you wanted to know how many were on their parents insurance and apparently didnt think we'd notice that question.
Sorry but the question is for people who ARE getting college insurance....and it's going up

now how about the parents as well?

The availability of coverage under their parents policies is a godsend to most college students.......Thanks Obamacare

Students who purchase insurance plans from North Carolina public universities this fall will be shelling out $709 per semester. That’s up significantly from a cost of $460 per semester last year.
…Students at Guilford College, a private liberal arts college in Greensboro, were informed in July that the cost of their school-provided health insurance plan was set to rise from $668 per semester in 2011 to $1,179 per semester this fall.

Why those g..d DAMN Insurance companies! How dare they raise the rates!
WE WERE told that by increasing the pool for those that won't use it we would lower costs!
What's going on here???

EVIL profit taking insurance companies... that's who!
Why are they doing this? RIGHT evil profits!

See these brilliant Dems that passed by JUST 6 votes Obamacare just don't comprehend hey take 85% of your premiums and pay claims! That way you won't make any profit!
BUT these companies already were paying out 80% of premiums in claims!

So now they have to pay out 85% , MAKE their reserves for their insurance regulators so they won't go broke.. AND still make a profit so they won't go broke!

Seems this was the same kind of stupid govt. interference in housing i.e. everyone qualifies for loan.. banks must make loans to sub-prime and FDIC says banks must get rid of bad loans so they sell them! Government guarantees the bad loans via Freddie/fannie and then the s...t hit's the fan... ..
We'll see another re-run of similar events.. this time not so big but with the result most of the 1,300 insurance companies going out of business.. which IS Obama's intention.. remember he told us "single payer universal health care program.”
Folks... IF Obama favors JUST ONE payer.. where does that leave the other 1,299 payers i.e. health insurance companies? Companies that pay $100 billion in Federal/state/local taxes as well as local property taxes, employing 400,000+ that will be out of work!

That is Obama's stated intention.. put these companies out of business!

Forum List

Back