Obamacare Declared Unconstitutional by Federal Judge

What alternative do you have for those with pre-existing conditions?
High risk pool, just like high risk drivers.

No free lunch, comrade.

I've never had a free ride asshole.

I'm not asking for a free ride.

I'm asking for a fair deal since I played by the rules for over 3 decades. Rules that most of the time were rules set by republicans and the insurance companies.

I paid into private employer insurance for over 30 years. Literally tens of thousands of dollars over that time.

I didn't use that insurance until the last decade. Due to no fault of my own I got breast cancer. Through no fault of my own, I was in an accident with monster 15 ft waves.

I paid my dues. For over 3 decades.

So bite me asshole. I have never had a free ride and I covered other people with my money for decades while I didn't use that insurance and others in that pool did.

So bite me asshole. You have no right to force people who paid and paid and paid for decades but didn't use it, who now need to use it, you force me to pay premiums so high I can't afford it. While I spent decades paying premiums.

It's just a good thing that you don't make the rules and people like you who are in congress will not be there much longer. You don't matter. What you want doesn't matter. Especially to the majority of the people of this nation.

So get ready to pay higher taxes. Single payer is on the way. Thanks to you conservatives who fought so hard to take away a capitalist private insurance with proper regulations, you've removed that only option for capitalism. The only option you fools have left us is single payer.

Have fun paying those higher taxes and whining about it all. LOL.

geez...calm down and stop wetting yourselves in ecstasy...

“The ruling is certain to be appealed, and legal experts in both parties have said they ultimately expect the challenge to the health law will not succeed. ObamaCare will remain in effect while the case is appealed.”

If it goes to the Supreme Court which it will, how can they rule it constitutional when Roberts original ruling was it was constitutional because of that mandate?

Without that mandate Roberts' basis of it being constitutional is gone.

In my opinion it's constitutional because of the Commerce Clause. It gives the government the power to regulate business. That's basically all Obamacare is. Regulations on the insurance business.

No free lunch, comrade.

I'm asking for a fair deal since I played by the rules for over 3 decades. Rules that most of the time were rules set by republicans and the insurance companies.

I paid into private employer insurance for over 30 years. Literally tens of thousands of dollars over that time.

I didn't use that insurance until the last decade. Due to no fault of my own I got breast cancer. Through no fault of my own, I was in an accident with monster 15 ft waves.

So bite me asshole. I have never had a free ride and I covered other people with my money for decades while I didn't use that insurance and others in that pool did.

So bite me asshole. You have no right to force people who paid and paid and paid for decades but didn't use it, who now need to use it, you force me to pay premiums so high I can't afford it. While I spent decades paying premiums.

It's just a good thing that you don't make the rules and people like you who are in congress will not be there much longer. You don't matter. What you want doesn't matter. Especially to the majority of the people of this nation.

So get ready to pay higher taxes. Single payer is on the way. Thanks to you conservatives who fought so hard to take away a capitalist private insurance with proper regulations, you've removed that only option for capitalism. The only option you fools have left us is single payer.

If you're asking for more than you put in, which you are, then you want free lunch....Sorry the truth hurts.

BTW, I'm NOT a republican or a "conservative".

I ask for, and am getting, for the most part, what I was promised in exchange for 30 years of service, in peacetime and in war, at the good locations and the armpits of the world.

He was corrupt and out of judiciary bounds... he usurped the congress and existing legislation by declaring all of ocare unconstitutional.... he had no power to do that.... congress just simply took out the mandate in their tax cut legislation....

They did NOT kill ocare in their legislation that our representatives voted on.

This corrupt judge is legislating from the bench.

His decision will be over turned.
Nullifying bad law isn't legislating...It's what they're supposed to do....In fact, it's what juries are supposed to do, but the judicial oligarchy has usurped that natural right.
Bad law or not, the suit was on the mandate only, he made s decision on the mandate part then over reached on the entirety of the whole law and judges are not suppose to Do that...

I bet his ocare part is over turned on appeal.

Bad law or not, the suit was on the mandate only, he made s decision on the mandate part then over reached on the entirety of the whole law and judges are not suppose to Do that...

Throwing out a bad law isn't creating one out of thin air or rewriting it from the bench, which is what is meant by judicial activism....Your complaint holds no water.

Throwing out a bad law isn't creating one out of thin air or rewriting it from the bench, which is what is meant by judicial activism....Your complaint holds no water.
Maybe, maybe not.... we'll see! :p

Read the rest of the article here: Opinion | What the Lawless Obamacare Ruling Means

What the Lawless Obamacare Ruling Means

It’s not based on a solid legal argument. It’s an exercise in raw judicial power.

By Jonathan H. Adler and Abbe R. Gluck

Mr. Adler is a professor of law at the Case Western Reserve University School of Law. Ms. Gluck is a professor of law and the faculty director of the Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy at Yale Law School.

In a shocking legal ruling, a federal judge in Texas wiped Obamacare off the books Friday night. The decision, issued after business hours on the eve of the deadline to enroll for health insurance for 2019, focuses on the so-called individual mandate. Yet it purports to declare the entire law unconstitutional — everything from the Medicaid expansion, the ban on pre-existing conditions, Medicare and pharmaceutical reforms to much, much more.

A ruling this consequential had better be based on rock-solid legal argument. Instead, the opinion by Judge Reed O’Connor is an exercise of raw judicial power, unmoored from the relevant doctrines concerning when judges may strike down a whole law because of a single alleged legal infirmity buried within.

We were on opposing sides of the 2012 and 2015 Supreme Court challenges to the Affordable Care Act, and we have different views of the merits of the act itself. But as experts in the field of statutory law, we agree that this decision makes a mockery of the rule of law and basic principles of democracy — especially Congress’s constitutional power to amend its own statutes and do so in accord with its own internal rules.

The individual mandate is the law’s controversial requirement that all Americans maintain qualifying health insurance coverage or pay a penalty. In 2012, the Supreme Court upheld this penalty as an exercise of Congress’s taxing power. In 2017, unable to get the votes to repeal the entire law, Congress just zeroed out the penalty.

In this case, Texas and 19 other states argue that with zero penalty, the mandate lacks a constitutional basis because it will no longer be enforced like a tax. If that were all there was, the case would have little consequence because starting in 2019, the mandate is unenforceable.

But audaciously, the states argued — and Judge O’Connor agreed — that the rest of Obamacare must fall, too. They claim that the mandate is so central to the A.C.A. that nothing else in it can operate without it.

That’s not how the relevant law works. An established legal principle called “severability” is triggered when a court must consider what happens to a statute when one part of it is struck down. The principle presumes that, out of respect for the separation of powers, courts will leave the rest of the statute standing unless Congress makes clear it did not intend for the law to exist without the challenged provision. This is not a liberal principle or a conservative principle. It is an uncontroversial rule that every Supreme Court justice in modern history has applied.

Sometimes severability cases are difficult because it is hard to guess how much importance Congress attributed to one provision, especially in a lengthy law like the Affordable Care Act. But this is an easy case: It was Congress, not a court, that eliminated the mandate penalty and left the rest of the statute in place. How can a court conclude that Congress never intended the rest of the statute to exist without an operational mandate, when it was the 2017 Congress itself that decided it was fine to eliminate the penalty and leave the rest of the law intact?

Last edited:

No free lunch, comrade.

That's the thing my friend, do I want to see you hurt ?

No

Do I see you want to get your money back..yes .

Do I want doctors to save your life yes..

So, Twenty Red states (including all on the list of ten worst states for healthcare) went to court to argue their case.

Who defended the law? Well, the government was supposed to defend it in court. But Trump did not defend it.

So you had only one side present their case to a judge with a record of not liking the ACA.

The judge ois a fucking idiuot. He sais when the Republicans took out the penaly for not being insured that it made the whole thong unconstitutional.

Well, there is still a penalty. It just happens to be zero.

Fuck that judge.

Fuck the Republican party.

They have no alternative. They had two fucking years & they did NOTHING.

Actually they had much longer than that.

The republicans controlled the government 6 off the 8 years the bush boy was president. People were demanding health care reform in the Clinton years but the conservatives and insurance industry succeeded in killing that. The need for reform didn't go away. In fact it got worse. Especially in the bush boy years. By the end of his presidency people were really demanding health care reform. We were losing 850 thousand jobs a month by the time the bush boy left office. Thousands were losing their insurance on top of the millions who already didn't have any coverage.

So it's not been just these last two years. It's also been the 6 years they controlled the congress in the Obama years. They could have done something to fix and improve the ACA but all they did was try to repeal it with nothing to replace it. It's also the 6 of the 8 years republicans controlled government in the bush boy years.

The republicans have had a lot of opportunities to reform health care but they chose to not do it. So we were left with the ACA. Now that's in question.

The fact is the republicans have no real alternative. Their idea of insurance is giving insurance companies exemptions to anti trust laws so they basically have monopolies with no real competition, allowing insurance companies to write their own rules, to throw anyone who has been sick off their insurance no matter how many decades they paid into it and never used it. To allow 45 thousand Americans to die every year needless early deaths because they had no insurance and no access to health care. To force people to go to the ER to not pay their bill so that the bill would be "cost shifted" to those who can pay driving everyone's health care costs and insurance costs higher than they should be.

We lived the republican insurance/heath care plan starting in the Reagan years when he deregulated insurance companies and exempted them from anti trust laws, allowed them to be for profit companies and allowed insurance companies to basically set their own rules. Until the ACA. That changed things. The republicans want to return us to what we endured for so long. The thing is, Americans didn't like it when it was forced on us and we don't want it forced on us again.

So, Twenty Red states (including all on the list of ten worst states for healthcare) went to court to argue their case.

Who defended the law? Well, the government was supposed to defend it in court. But Trump did not defend it.

So you had only one side present their case to a judge with a record of not liking the ACA.

The judge ois a fucking idiuot. He sais when the Republicans took out the penaly for not being insured that it made the whole thong unconstitutional.

Fuck that judge.

The republicans controlled the government 6 off the 8 years the bush boy was president. People were demanding health care reform in the Clinton years but the conservatives and insurance industry succeeded in killing that. The need for reform didn't go away. In fact it got worse. Especially in the bush boy years. By the end of his presidency people were really demanding health care reform. We were losing 850 thousand jobs a month by the time the bush boy left office. Thousands were losing their insurance on top of the millions who already didn't have any coverage.

So it's not been just these last two years. It's also been the 6 years they controlled the congress in the Obama years. They could have done something to fix and improve the ACA but all they did was try to repeal it with nothing to replace it. It's also the 6 of the 8 years republicans controlled government in the bush boy years.

The republicans have had a lot of opportunities to reform health care but they chose to not do it. So we were left with the ACA. Now that's in question.

The fact is the republicans have no real alternative. Their idea of insurance is giving insurance companies exemptions to anti trust laws so they basically have monopolies with no real competition, allowing insurance companies to write their own rules, to throw anyone who has been sick off their insurance no matter how many decades they paid into it and never used it. To allow 45 thousand Americans to die every year needless early deaths because they had no insurance and no access to health care. To force people to go to the ER to not pay their bill so that the bill would be "cost shifted" to those who can pay driving everyone's health care costs and insurance costs higher than they should be.

We lived the republican insurance/heath care plan starting in the Reagan years when he deregulated insurance companies and exempted them from anti trust laws, allowed them to be for profit companies and allowed insurance companies to basically set their own rules. Until the ACA. That changed things. The republicans want to return us to what we endured for so long. The thing is, Americans didn't like it when it was forced on us and we don't want it forced on us again.
So, you've placed your faith in politicians and bureaucrats....Then bitch when the politicians and bureaucrats fail you....Then demand that the politicians and bureaucrats who failed you make everything right.

triple+facepalm.jpg

If you're asking for more than you put in, which you are, then you want free lunch....Sorry the truth hurts.

You know, you goof, it's "insurance". It's the nature of these things, their very sense, that some struck by mishap take out more, others get lucky and take out less, and all are protected against being bankrupted by illness. That's not a free lunch, it's how insurance is supposed to work.

Obviously you are neither "republican" nor "conservative". All considered, they'd declare you an oddball, as would pretty much everybody else. Finally, once you make its acquaintance, you may talk about whether or not the truth hurts. Until such time, you just talk about about things about which you know nothing.

You know, you goof, it's "insurance". It's the nature of these things, their very sense, that some struck by mishap take out more, others get lucky and take out less, and all are protected against being bankrupted by illness. That's not a free lunch, it's how insurance is supposed to work.

Obviously you are neither "republican" nor "conservative". All considered, they'd declare you an oddball, as would pretty much everybody else. Finally, once you make its acquaintance, you may talk about whether or not the truth hurts. Until such time, you just talk about about things about which you know nothing.

Just like you.

So, you've placed your faith in politicians and bureaucrats....Then bitch when the politicians and bureaucrats fail you....Then demand that the politicians and bureaucrats who failed you make everything right.
Wash, rinse, repeat.

It never seems to dawn on the Democrats. They want government running everything, without stopping to consider what happens when the opposition takes over.

Dr. Deplorable will see you now ...

doctor-wearing-rubber-gloves-1451409566.jpg

Fuck that judge.

triple+facepalm.jpg

So, who will fix it???

Fuck that judge.

They certainly had since they blocked Hillarycare in 1995.

I ask for, and am getting, for the most part, what I was promised in exchange for 30 years of service, in peacetime and in war, at the good locations and the armpits of the world.
We have a general welfare clause not a general warfare clause, especially with right wing tax cut economics and refusing to pay real, wartime tax rates for their policies.

Federal judge in Texas rules entire Obama health-care law is unconstitutional

If upheld, Dems will now push for Single-Payer... for now it's headed to the fifth Circuit Court
So, where is this great, cheap, healthcare Cheeto Jesus promised us?

Struck down buy worthless inbreed liberals
LMf'nAO!!!!!

Now show me where it was proposed genius.

I mean you do understand that a plan needs to be presented before it can be "shot down" right?

Any proposal from Trump is automatically a no vote from inbreed liberals dip.
View attachment 234849
Trump proposals are dumber than shit only supported by his dumber than shit supporters.

Forum List

Back