ObamaCare Bronze Health Plan

...bronze plans are high-deductible plans. Get it?

which raises a very interesting question. just what will the taxpayers be getting fleeced for? bronze plans or premium silver plans?

are we going to have a situation where a hard working citizen who makes barely enough to live but enough not to receive a subsity is forced to buy a bronze plan with a high deductable while someone who is collecting welfare, living off food stamps, has a housing subsidy and an obama phone, returing no value to society is given a free cadilac plan?

which raises a very interesting question. just what will the taxpayers be getting fleeced for? bronze plans or premium silver plans?

are we going to have a situation where a hard working citizen who makes barely enough to live but enough not to receive a subsity is forced to buy a bronze plan with a high deductable while someone who is collecting welfare, living off food stamps, has a housing subsidy and an obama phone, returing no value to society is given a free cadilac plan?

Don't we already?

Wow. Is this thing expensive:

boedicca-albums-mo-mo-mo-boedicca-s-stuff-picture6044-bronze-plan.jpg

How this looks is that the only benefit one gets is 3 doctors visits with copays of $60, and then everything else has to apply to the deductible. A family would have to spend $5,000 before being covered for anything, and then the co-pays are enormous.

What a rip-off!

ObamaCare Bronze Plan Details - Medicoverage.com

This is like buying a car for a dollar, yet you have to do pay the for a new motor, transmission, muffler, brakes, paint job, A/C, fix the interior and get 4 new tires!

I read the fine print on the article that stated the Bronze plan is supported to be a low premium for high out of pocket costs. It's targeted towards the poor of the poor (poverty level). They stated with the without the subsidy premiums could $177 a per (not that cheap when you see what you get), then with the subsidy it can go down, but you have to qualify and that is no guarantee.

Al you get with this plan is free preventative healthcare! Watch what happens to these FREE preventive checks. They will be meaningless. A $60 co-pay is crazy expensive. I have never paid over $20! But the killer is the $5K deductible. What use is a low premium if you have to pay $5K before you get the insurance company to pay for your care.

Think about it. Break $5K over 12 months, that would equate to $416 a month. That's not cheap, esp when this is supposed to be targeted for the poor.

Wow, someone on the internet said that. Compelling!

You're neglecting the wee feature in ObamaCare which will require doctors to provide medical records to the Big Uber Centralized ObamaCare Database which unifies medical records, financial records, and whatever else they wish.

Your doctor is now required to send details of your sex life to the Feds. Although in your case, there likely isn't anything to report, so you have nothing to worry about.

The data hub connects existing federal data sources, none of which have anyone's personal health information. And no, despite what Rush told you, your doctor doesn't send personal details of anything to the feds.

LOL pops you are an idiot.......do you think its cute when you believe only your "sources" ;)

Wow, someone on the internet said that. Compelling!

You're neglecting the wee feature in ObamaCare which will require doctors to provide medical records to the Big Uber Centralized ObamaCare Database which unifies medical records, financial records, and whatever else they wish.

Your doctor is now required to send details of your sex life to the Feds. Although in your case, there likely isn't anything to report, so you have nothing to worry about.

The data hub connects existing federal data sources, none of which have anyone's personal health information. And no, despite what Rush told you, your doctor doesn't send personal details of anything to the feds.

“According to your Department, the Federal Data Services Hub will share and transmit protected health information, tax and financial information, criminal background and immigration status, and various other personal information between agencies, including the Internal Revenue Service, HHS, the Departments of Justice, Homeland Security, Veterans Affairs, Defense, and the Social Security Administration, state governments, as well as state and federal exchanges.

Ways and Means Members Express Concerns about Federal Data Hub | House Committee on Ways & Means

Hmmm, "personal health information"

Ooooppps

Wow. Is this thing expensive:

boedicca-albums-mo-mo-mo-boedicca-s-stuff-picture6044-bronze-plan.jpg

How this looks is that the only benefit one gets is 3 doctors visits with copays of $60, and then everything else has to apply to the deductible. A family would have to spend $5,000 before being covered for anything, and then the co-pays are enormous.

What a rip-off!

ObamaCare Bronze Plan Details - Medicoverage.com

according to the site that is the least expensive

i dont spend five thousand a year on health care now

Jon, I think this is a great plan. Bare bones, but gives coverage for the big catastrophic event.

There's about a million people filing bankrupt every year due to unmanageable medical bills. This will greatly reduce that problem.

I see some folks are beginning to lose their cool, eh greenbeard?

I have not seen you get this vulgar in so short a span, ever, across 3 sites over 4 years.

Its funny, but not unexpected; despite the media being fully in the tank, and the dancing around they and you do, it will out......I told you I was patient...the worms turns.

It started with a vote via supra majority, with not 1 opposition vote ( none of this consternation would be happening if they had cadged 15 gop senators and 40 or 50 in the house as I have said many times), a litany of special treatment meted out, then the biggeys- postponing the employer mandate, the non verification, ordering the OPM to over rule the law as to congress and their staffers, the 1400 waivers, and the other what, 13, 14 laws/strictures in obamacare, that he has postponed, dropped waived as he grandly states how congress passed the LAW, the supreme court upheld it ( as a TAX, which he vehemently denied was so) as if none of the waiving etc. had even occurred ....*shrugs*...now, the rubber meets the road.

I await the biggest drop of all, how hes going to satisfy the unions........With the real and concerted wide ranging growth of hostility to unions etc. we have seen over the last 4 years, right to work advances etc. how ever he does it, its gonna leave a mark, a big 1.....We shall see.

LOL pops you are an idiot.......do you think its cute when you believe only your "sources" ;)

This isn't rocket science. The data hub exists to verify eligibility 1) to buy insurance through an exchange (illegals can't) and 2) to get the affordability tax credit. The information required to do that is both obvious and spelled out explicitly in regulation :

CATEGORIES OF RECORDS IN THE SYSTEM:

Information maintained in this system for individual applicant/enrollees includes, but may not be limited to, the applicant's first name, last name, middle initial, mailing address or permanent residential address (if different from the mailing address), date of birth, Social Security Number (if the applicant has one), taxpayer status, gender, ethnicity, residency, email address, and telephone number. The system will also maintain information that will verify the information provided by the individual/enrollee or by the application filer on behalf of other applicants that will enable a decision about an applicant's eligibility. The system will collect and maintain information that the applicant or the application filer on behalf of other applicants submits pertaining to
  1. his or her citizenship or immigration status, because only individuals who are citizens or nationals of the U.S. or lawfully present are eligible to enroll;
  2. enrollment in Federally funded minimum essential health coverage (e.g. Medicare, Medicaid, Federal Employees Health Benefit Program (FEHBP), Veterans Health Administration (Champ VA), Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Department of Defense (TRICARE), Peace Corps);
  3. incarceration status;
  4. Indian status;
  5. enrollment in employer-sponsored coverage;
  6. requests for and accompanying documentation to justify receipt of individual responsibility exemptions, including membership in a certain type of recognized religious sect or health care sharing ministry;
  7. employer information;
  8. status as a veteran;
  9. limited health status information (pregnancy status, blindness, disability status); and
  10. household income, including tax return information from the IRS, income information from the Social Security Administration, and financial information from other third party sources.
Information will also be maintained with respect to the applicant's enrollment in a QHP through the Exchange, the premium amounts and payment history.

With respect to qualified employers and the qualified employees utilizing SHOP, the information maintained in the system includes but may not be limited to the name and address of the employer, number of employees, Employer Identification Number (EIN), and list of qualified employees and their tax ID numbers.

If you're seeking categorical eligibility for Medicaid (i.e. as aged, blind and disabled) then that has to be verified. That's all.

This isn't rocket science. The data hub exists to verify eligibility 1) to buy insurance through an exchange (illegals can't) and 2) to get the affordability tax credit. The information required to do that is both obvious and spelled out explicitly in regulation :

CATEGORIES OF RECORDS IN THE SYSTEM:

Information maintained in this system for individual applicant/enrollees includes, but may not be limited to, the applicant's first name, last name, middle initial, mailing address or permanent residential address (if different from the mailing address), date of birth, Social Security Number (if the applicant has one), taxpayer status, gender, ethnicity, residency, email address, and telephone number. The system will also maintain information that will verify the information provided by the individual/enrollee or by the application filer on behalf of other applicants that will enable a decision about an applicant's eligibility. The system will collect and maintain information that the applicant or the application filer on behalf of other applicants submits pertaining to
  1. his or her citizenship or immigration status, because only individuals who are citizens or nationals of the U.S. or lawfully present are eligible to enroll;
  2. enrollment in Federally funded minimum essential health coverage (e.g. Medicare, Medicaid, Federal Employees Health Benefit Program (FEHBP), Veterans Health Administration (Champ VA), Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Department of Defense (TRICARE), Peace Corps);
  3. incarceration status;
  4. Indian status;
  5. enrollment in employer-sponsored coverage;
  6. requests for and accompanying documentation to justify receipt of individual responsibility exemptions, including membership in a certain type of recognized religious sect or health care sharing ministry;
  7. employer information;
  8. status as a veteran;
  9. limited health status information (pregnancy status, blindness, disability status); and
  10. household income, including tax return information from the IRS, income information from the Social Security Administration, and financial information from other third party sources.
Information will also be maintained with respect to the applicant's enrollment in a QHP through the Exchange, the premium amounts and payment history.

With respect to qualified employers and the qualified employees utilizing SHOP, the information maintained in the system includes but may not be limited to the name and address of the employer, number of employees, Employer Identification Number (EIN), and list of qualified employees and their tax ID numbers.

If you're seeking categorical eligibility for Medicaid (i.e. as aged, blind and disabled) then that has to be verified. That's all.

YOU said.....

You are wrog, they indeed transmit PHI...as I just showed you.

What should you reveal? How you know what no one knows yet lol.

Not according to Greenbeard who supplied the link to the California exchange.
:lol:

[MENTION=32973]LoneLaugher[/MENTION]

Who shrilly demands answers to questions yet when given answers doesn't respond, but stopped by long enough to thank your post.

:thup:

That's your comeback. You do realize the bronze plan is targetted to the poor, but how is this different than no insurance for them? Nothing in the plan other then preventative care (and watch what gets called preventative care in the next few years, it will be as useless for your health than can of coke) is covered. Everything else is essentially out of pocket up to $5K. For the poor that is the equivalent of being uninsured!

Face it the bronze will suck for the people they target and the silver, gold and platinum will also!

I just spoke to a gal, 51 years old, makes 28000.00 and her premium came to 300.66...4750 ded, no benefits prior to hitting it.'

Tell me how that is affordable for her?

Everything I've been hearing and reading...you got it spot on. Guess who gets to pay for their Cadillac plans? Yep, you got it...the same hard working citizen who barely makes it now. But hell, progs don't care. Most of them are either receiving massive subsidies or are already exempt from Obamaextortion.

Don't we already?

Yes, but the rates just got jacked and enshrined in "law".

I just did a calculation on my family of 6 (I took out the employer option, because that disqualifies you for any subsidy) and my family's annual premiums for this SHIT Bronze plan would be $11,005! That $917 a month for something I won't even pay $1 for!

How is this going to be good for the middle class? If this bottom level plan costs so much imagine the other plans!

Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Forum List

Back