Obamacare and the Jurisprudence of Clarence Thomas

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by M.D. Rawlings, Sep 2, 2011.

1. M.D. Rawlings

M.D. Rawlings Classical Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,715
    by Michael Barone
    09/01/2011
    National Review Online

Excerpt:

The nightmare appears in last week’s issue, in Jeffrey Toobin’s lengthy article on Supreme Court jurisprudence, titled “Partners” and subtitled “Will Clarence and Virginia Thomas succeed in killing Obama’s health-care plan?”

It’s possible to read Toobin’s article as a partisan hit job, echoing the demands of 74 Democratic congressmen that Justice Clarence Thomas recuse himself from sitting on a case challenging the constitutionality of Obamacare because of his wife’s involvement in the Tea Party movement.

Never mind that this is a standard neither Toobin nor the Democrats apply to other public officials with spouses active in public affairs — or that they’re not asking justice Elena Kagan to recuse herself because of her work in the Justice Department on the issue.

LINK

2. LAfrique

LAfrique VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    (Laughs) That's a conservative approach at taking shots at justice Thomas. Well, I hope the rule of law prevails.

3. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    The nice thing is that Thomas has moved from Stupid to Svengali, from moron to Machiavelli, from sex obsessed clown to eminence grise. I always liked him. I rejoice that the left at last recognizes his worth.