Obama: "We're responsible for each other". Really? Since when?

That was the quote that stood out the most. That somehow I am responsible for John Doe or anyone else for me. Yet, I'm then told I cannot be judgemental about another person's lifestyle. Well, if I'M gonna be held responsible for that person, then I better damn well be allowed to make judgement on them. For example...........

- Shaquita the welfare queen should not be able to have more kids. She won't work. Blows money on the lottery. I'm responsible for her. So...no more kids. Drug test her. And if she is driving any car valued at over $3,000, we take it, sell it, and give her 3K to buy a used car. The rest goes into the general fund.

- Bubba the redneck trailor trash should not be able to keep getting drunk every day. He's lost his job for drunkenness. And all he wants to do is watch NASCAR and shoot guns all day. He can afford ammo because I subsidize his food, housing and healthcare.

- Pedro must go back. I'm not responsible for 6 billion people, only the 300 million US citizens. Sorry Mexicans, board the bus and go home. I can only be responsible for so many people, ya know?

- FAT PEOPLE. This is the one that hits me the hardest. If I am indeed responsible for everyone else, then my mild intolerance for fat asses is now full blown hate. If you are fucking fat, I'm tired of paying for your bills. Your health bills. Your food bills. You eat more, thus causing prices to be higher. Your car burns more gas due to more weight, thus, pushing gas prices higher. You consume more healthcare, thus, cause them to go up. Mr. Obama, tell ME, the person responsible for all others, how you're gonna stop obesity. Michelle pushing carrots ain't working.

So, Mr. President, now that you've told me I am responsible for everyone else, I am demanding a few changes in the lifestyle of my fellow people that I'm responsible for. The days of tolerance and not passing judgement are over. Gay people, you spread STD's faster than others simply because you don't use protection as often. Stop being gay. Fat people, stop being disgusting fat blobs and just screwing up countless things as a result. Shaquita? No more fucking kids, get a job, line up for a drug test. Bubba? You're done, no more booze.

But wait. HOW can we control all those people's behaviors? Obviously, to share responsibility, we must pass judgement and correct it. But how can we engage in this liberal utopian shared responsibility, while also having the freedom to be Shaquita, Bubba, Pedro, fat, gay, etc, etc, etc????? You can't be held responsible for each other while at the same time enjoying the freedom to succeed or be a fuck up.

Well, we can't. Thats why left wing ideology in full bloom always turns into a regime like Cuba, USSR, China, North Korea, Vietnam, Burma, Russia, and others. Because you need an overwhelming, central force to control the behaviors of the masses in order to fairly hold them all responsible for each other.

Welcome to tyranny folks.

You are so right.

I think Obama may be slightly delusional. For some strange and bizarre reason, Obama thinks Republicans care about the middle class and the poor. Come one, this is a party that's 90% white. They go after a different minority every other week. They say they want to protect a fetus, but we all know, it's just to screw with women's rights. Besides a fetus hasn't yet turned into a feminist, gay or Muslim.

And this idea that Republicans want to help the elderly? What a hoot. The programs Republicans want to get rid of were created to help the elderly because they couldn't get health insurance. No insurance company is going to insure the elderly willingly. Why? Because they are "elderly", duh! They are not necessary in this society. Better they just die and quit costing us so much money.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to go with Republicans on this one. I think it's part of their "Christian and family values".

Last edited by a moderator:
That was the quote that stood out the most. That somehow I am responsible for John Doe or anyone else for me. Yet, I'm then told I cannot be judgemental about another person's lifestyle. Well, if I'M gonna be held responsible for that person, then I better damn well be allowed to make judgement on them. For example...........

- Shaquita the welfare queen should not be able to have more kids. She won't work. Blows money on the lottery. I'm responsible for her. So...no more kids. Drug test her. And if she is driving any car valued at over $3,000, we take it, sell it, and give her 3K to buy a used car. The rest goes into the general fund.

- Bubba the redneck trailor trash should not be able to keep getting drunk every day. He's lost his job for drunkenness. And all he wants to do is watch NASCAR and shoot guns all day. He can afford ammo because I subsidize his food, housing and healthcare.

- Pedro must go back. I'm not responsible for 6 billion people, only the 300 million US citizens. Sorry Mexicans, board the bus and go home. I can only be responsible for so many people, ya know?

- FAT PEOPLE. This is the one that hits me the hardest. If I am indeed responsible for everyone else, then my mild intolerance for fat asses is now full blown hate. If you are fucking fat, I'm tired of paying for your bills. Your health bills. Your food bills. You eat more, thus causing prices to be higher. Your car burns more gas due to more weight, thus, pushing gas prices higher. You consume more healthcare, thus, cause them to go up. Mr. Obama, tell ME, the person responsible for all others, how you're gonna stop obesity. Michelle pushing carrots ain't working.

So, Mr. President, now that you've told me I am responsible for everyone else, I am demanding a few changes in the lifestyle of my fellow people that I'm responsible for. The days of tolerance and not passing judgement are over. Gay people, you spread STD's faster than others simply because you don't use protection as often. Stop being gay. Fat people, stop being disgusting fat blobs and just screwing up countless things as a result. Shaquita? No more fucking kids, get a job, line up for a drug test. Bubba? You're done, no more booze.

But wait. HOW can we control all those people's behaviors? Obviously, to share responsibility, we must pass judgement and correct it. But how can we engage in this liberal utopian shared responsibility, while also having the freedom to be Shaquita, Bubba, Pedro, fat, gay, etc, etc, etc????? You can't be held responsible for each other while at the same time enjoying the freedom to succeed or be a fuck up.

Well, we can't. Thats why left wing ideology in full bloom always turns into a regime like Cuba, USSR, China, North Korea, Vietnam, Burma, Russia, and others. Because you need an overwhelming, central force to control the behaviors of the masses in order to fairly hold them all responsible for each other.

It's called the social contract.

You signed onto this nation's version of it the day you were born.

They are rugged individualists.......:eusa_liar:

You are so right.

I think Obama may be slightly delusional. For some strange and bizarre reason, Obama thinks Republicans care about the middle class and the poor. Come one, this is a party that's 90% white. They go after a different minority every other week. They say they want to protect a fetus, but we all know, it's just to screw with women's rights. Besides a fetus hasn't yet turned into a feminist, gay or Muslim.

And this idea that Republicans want to help the elderly? What a hoot. The programs Republicans want to get rid of were created to help the elderly because they couldn't get health insurance. Why? Because they are "elderly", duh! They are not necessary in this society. Better they just die and quit costing us so much money.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to go with Republicans on this one.

It never fails to amaze me how the weak minded so easily fall for the spin...to the point where they actually regurgitate it as fact.

Obama and his party see you as so naive, they are confident you will fall for it...and they are correct...you fell for it hook line and sinker.

You are so right.

And this idea that Republicans want to help the elderly? What a hoot. The programs Republicans want to get rid of were created to help the elderly because they couldn't get health insurance. Why? Because they are "elderly", duh! They are not necessary in this society. Better they just die and quit costing us so much money.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to go with Republicans on this one.

It never fails to amaze me how the weak minded so easily fall for the spin...to the point where they actually regurgitate it as fact.

Obama and his party see you as so naive, they are confident you will fall for it...and they are correct...you fell for it hook line and sinker.

Fall for helping the elderly and disabled? No way. I have to agree with Republicans. No insurance company is going to insure someone 70 or 80 years old. Why should we have to? Isn't that how Republicans see it? If it isn't, then why not?

Suggestion, maybe next time you could actually "point something out". Blanket statements are tiresome, but typical for the right wing.

We're responsible for each other?

What the hell is that? I'm an American fuck them...I'm looking out for number 1

You are so right.

And this idea that Republicans want to help the elderly? What a hoot. The programs Republicans want to get rid of were created to help the elderly because they couldn't get health insurance. No insurance company is going to insure the elderly willingly. Why? Because they are "elderly", duh! They are not necessary in this society. Better they just die and quit costing us so much money.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to go with Republicans on this one. I think it's part of their "Christian and family values".

You mean like your hero cares so much he jacked the middle class's taxes this year? Or did he just do that to retired vets? That after two years with no cost of living allowance increase.

Grow up. You're immature, uneducated and delusional and I will NEVER quit pointing out the fallacy to your naive, partisan rantings.

Funny you say that with sarcasm....

Didnt I hear that PRIVATE US contributions to the tsunami vicitms several years back was greater than the contributions of all private individuals and entities AND governments of all other nations combined? And that did NOT include the US Government assistance?

Wasnt the same true for the victims of Haiti?

Do you really see Americans as selfish?

Or are you now going to claim that there was no sarcasm in your post and you were sincerely referring to just your OWN sentiments.

Didnt I hear that PRIVATE US contributions to the tsunami vicitms several years back was greater than the contributions of all private individuals and entities AND governments of all other nations combined? And that did NOT include the US Government assistance?

Or are you now going to claim that there was no sarcasm in your post and you were sincerely referring to just your OWN sentiments.

Sorry..

The number one rule of sarcasm is that you are not allowed to say it was sarcasm

Sorry..

The number one rule of sarcasm is that you are not allowed to say it was sarcasm

Nice punt. Stopped dead at the 1 yard line.

I for one am not interested in being my brothers keeper.

If my brother makes crappy life decisions then he's on his own in my book.

The only people I feel morally resonsible to assist are those who are actually mentally or physically handicapped.

Barry can kiss my ass if he thinks I feel responsible for any of the millions of freeloaders out there.

However, if Barry and any other like minded folks want to take care of the freeloaders then they need to open the wallets and whip out the check books and make it so. Good luck.

More often than not, those "crappy decisions" are prompted by personal greed.
for example:

People took ARM loans becuase it allowed them to take cash out from the re-fi and temporarily lower their mortgage payments....with the attitude of "I will worry about it later, when the ARM adjusts"...

People lost money in the market becuase they were hoping that their money would make easy money for them.

People charged infinite amounts on their credit cards so they can have items they otherwise could not afford....and they neglected reading the fine print because "it really didnt matter to them"

People took jobs based on vacation time offered and other fringe benefits, not taking into consideration the hiring/layoff history of the company, the liquidity of the company, or the lack of differential required by an employee....making all employees dispensible.

Joel down the block took an ARM and used the cash out and extra cash in his pocket due to the lower monthly payment to buy a boat.... and he ridiculed me for taking a flat rate re-fi and not having the same benefits he had from it....well, now he is in foreclosure, and I am not....so I should now assist him?

Yup. Personal greed and in some cases downright stupidity.

As I said. I'm not my brothers keeper.

Nor do I wish to be.

If stupid, irresponsible and in some cases, greedy people can't handle their lives thats just tough shit in my book.

I guess they better get their fingers outta their ass and get themselves out of their self inflicted problems.

Oh wait. I forgot. There is a federal taxpayer funded program out there for everyone. Thier miserable bacon may be saved yet.

I am my brother's keeper.

This is a basic Christian philosophy.

This is what Jesus teached, preached and lived.

And based on the billions of private dollars pledged to the thousands of charities each year, I would say we are living it as well.

What does that have to do with the Government saying that they wish to be our brothers keepers at our expense?

And based on the billions of private dollars pledged to the thousands of charities each year, I would say we are living it as well.

What does that have to do with the Government saying that they wish to be our brothers keepers at our expense?

We are the most generous nation on the planet because we chose to be. Not because we are forced to be.

The Govt decided that we needed to pay the freight for those who couldn't or wouldn't take care of themselves. We, the taxpayer, had no choice we are forced to extend this charity. Don't know bout you but I pick and chose which charities to give to. I certainly don't need the Govt taking any part in it.

Thats the laughable part to me. There is no charity in the Constitution yet here we are doling it out left and right to freeloaders. Go figure.

Last edited:

Yes, He did. He wanted us to WANT to help our fellow man. I do that. I do it happily. But nowhere in the Bible does it talk about being forced to help. Being forced removes the fundamental part of being a Christian - to do it WILLINGLY.

And... the more the government stays out of my life, the more I can help my fellow man.

Forum List

Back