Obama Weighs Airstrikes or Aid to Help Trapped Iraqis

40,000 minority Iraquis are trapped on a mountain where they will either die of thirst...or be killed by ISIS if they try to come down...

whatever will our prezzydunce do....? :eek:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/08/w...to-aid-trapped-iraqis-officials-say.html?_r=0
40,000 Iraqis stranded on mountain as Isis jihadists threaten death | World news | The Guardian

Oh, but a couple months ago, it was "only" Muslims killing other Muslims. REMEMBER?
back then there were at least two militant groups fighting each other.....this is pure slaughter....

Is this that Junior Varsity Obama talked about a while back...that has 40,000 people pinned down dying of thirst?

This Junior Varsity now controls a good part of both Syria and a good part of Iraq.

We have never had a worse Fool for a President.

I think Congress needs to come back from vacation and hold a special session to take a vote to give or not to give the President an Authorization for Use of Military Force against the ISIS assholes.

I think Congress needs to come back from vacation and hold a special session to take a vote to give or not to give the President an Authorization for Use of Military Force against the ISIS assholes.

President Obama doesn't NEED Congressional authorization. Haven't you read the War Powers Act?

The right insisted ISIS was ONLY kiling other Muslims. And he does anything without Boozy Boehner's approval, it will just end up in Court.

Mebbe Obumble will send Jesse Jackson and Jimmah Abdul Carter to sort it all out.

I did not agree with Carter's statements either, yes, the US should have ignored the "Muslims kill Muslims, good" crowd. Boehner is not leaviing the bottle with the House in recess.

40,000 minority Iraquis are trapped on a mountain where they will either die of thirst...or be killed by ISIS if they try to come down...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/08/w...to-aid-trapped-iraqis-officials-say.html?_r=0
40,000 Iraqis stranded on mountain as Isis jihadists threaten death | World news | The Guardian

I believe ISIS is trying to draw the US or a coalition into this conflict.
We should stay out of it. It's a Middle Easterners problem.

I believe ISIS is trying to draw the US or a coalition into this conflict.
We should stay out of it. It's a Middle Easterners problem.

The Axis was "not our problem" until it was, either.

Oh, please, peach, seriously?
“What’s happening in Iraq today is an absolute tragedy, but it is much more a consequence of our invasion than our withdrawal,” Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) said in an interview. “The blame for what’s happening right now is squarely at Maliki’s feet. This is not a responsibility of the United States."

Iraq violence isn?t rattling Democrats who once backed withdrawal - The Washington Post
Democrats stood firm behind*President Obama’s decision*against military intervention in Iraq on Friday, asserting that the upheaval taking place there is not being caused by an absence of U.S. troops.

The right insisted ISIS was ONLY kiling other Muslims. And he does anything without Boozy Boehner's approval, it will just end up in Court.

I don't think the airstrike option will do much good, but I suppose I'd reluctantly support it because these subhuman, moon God worshiping, paedophillic, dune coons deserve all the death they've earned. They make Hamas look like the cub scouts. As a matter of fact, make it dirty. Dump white phosphorous on their ass, flechettes, and a lot of dead pig remains.

“What’s happening in Iraq today is an absolute tragedy, but it is much more a consequence of our invasion than our withdrawal,” Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) said in an interview. “The blame for what’s happening right now is squarely at Maliki’s feet. This is not a responsibility of the United States."

Iraq violence isn?t rattling Democrats who once backed withdrawal - The Washington Post
Democrats stood firm behind*President Obama’s decision*against military intervention in Iraq on Friday, asserting that the upheaval taking place there is not being caused by an absence of U.S. troops.

whats happening in Iraq today has been happening for thousands of years, the weapons are just more sophisticated ... Iraq is none of our business now just like Iraq was none of our business then. For some ill conceived notion the US honestly believes it's the big brother to every third world country on the planet.

I'll amend, ALL those that said not to bother with ISIS, like Pat Buchanan:

ISIS Poses No Existential Threat to America | The American Conservative

With 2.2 billion in stolen currency they DO pose a serious threat to the United States. By luck, HEU coming from Russia via Georgia has been retrieved at least 20 times.

Put some Haji's on a plane to Latin America and anything is possible with the border mess that Obama made.

With 2.2 billion in stolen currency they DO pose a serious threat to the United States. By luck, HEU coming from Russia via Georgia has been retrieved at least 20 times.

Put some Haji's on a plane to Latin America and anything is possible with the border mess that Obama made.

your avatar suits you well.

He spent less time thinking about bombing Libya than he has about dithering about helping people who are being killed in Iraq, what the fuck happened to his responsibility to protect doctrine?

He already has the authorization, the AUMF is still in place for Iraq and all the terrorists. Funny how Obama is actively lobbying to repeal it now that something has come up that actually justifies him taking action, isn't it?

Forum List

Back