Obama: 'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country'

What's wrong with what he said? You disagree? You believe you're entitled to success?

I don't see a problem with this statement.

Most success is earned through hard work and isn't something that is guaranteed or given for nothing.

OMG, our Constitution, you know the law of the land gives us the right to succeed. Everyone is entitled to Success, what you do with it is completely up to you.

Gawd, why does the radical left believe the government should be allowed control success?? Remember Obama has a real good knack for picking losers.

OMG, our Constitution, you know the law of the land gives us the right to succeed. Everyone is entitled to Success, what you do with it is completely up to you.

Gawd, why does the radical left believe the government should be allowed control success?? Remember Obama has a real good knack for picking losers.

No it doesn't.

You folks are something else.

This is a pretty conservative principle.

No it doesn't.

Yet, we are entitled to Big Bird.................stupid is as stupid does.

No it doesn't.

Yet, we are entitled to Big Bird.................stupid is as stupid does.

Is that a concession?

Guess it is..:lol:

Bam Bam believes that those who do work hard and succeed should have to "share their wealth" with those who don't work as hard in other words other people are entitled to your success

Really? I don't see where Obama is saying anything wrong here. He's talking about individual responsibility which is something Conservatives talk about all the time.

If you want to be successful, you go and earn it.

So why is it a problem really?

Obama needs to move to a country more in line with his economic philosophy and take the Progressives with him

This is so pathetic. All of it. The right is jumping all over this as some sort of Marxist statement now, yet, will spend years blasting the idea that anyone is "entitled" to anything!!!

If you are "entitled" to success, that means society OWES you success, that just by virtue of existing, you are owed success. You are not. That is what Obama said. He said something that some TP groups would use as their mission statement. Yet....the right has a problem with it now?

I bet if Obama tried to advocate a law that bans the act of punting a puppy over a cliff....the GOP would oppose it and call it an attack on freedom.

So now the right hates hardwork and success?

I mean that was the whole meme of the RNC people. We built that.

I just, you people need to just leave.

Sounds like a fair statement to me. He's merely saying that no one in this country should just have success handed to them without having to work for it.

What is so wrong with that? If anything, conservatives should agree with him on that.

The problem is his disdain for those who do succeed

Sounds like a fair statement to me. He's merely saying that no one in this country should just have success handed to them without having to work for it.

What is so wrong with that? If anything, conservatives should agree with him on that.

obama didn't mean that no one should have success handed to them. He meant that you aren't entitled to success even if you did work for it.

obama didn't mean that no one should have success handed to them. He meant that you aren't entitled to success even if you did work for it.

Nothing in the statements that were befor that one or were after it indicates that.

Thus you misunderstood it.

Forum List

Back