Obama wants to raise the minimum wage when we're on the verge of a second recession?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
What planet do you live on where you believe this to be a good idea?

Beyond that when I take on commercial work I often have to hire temporary help. Help that picks up debris or does simple meanial tasks. Definitely not worthy of the 20+ dollar an hour cost it would end up being going though a temp agency. I simply wouldnt hire while others would resort to illegal under the table practices.

I thought "trickle down economics" would work? All this is...is to require the rich to engage in trickle down economics.

More money in rich people's pockets = good/ More money in poor people's pockets = bad

^^Is that about right?

Well, that would be a little more the poor would have to spend to help stimulate the economy. Sounds good...

No...but see...its good when a rich person has extra money to spend. But put that extra money into the hands of several poorer people to spend and..well, thats bad. See....rich money goes into the US economy. Poor people money goes into the economy of the Planet Nibiru orbitting out in deep space somewhere. See how that works now?

I thought "trickle down economics" would work? All this is...is to require the rich to engage in trickle down economics.

More money in rich people's pockets = good/ More money in poor people's pockets = bad

^^Is that about right?

nope. Not at all.

Artificially increasing the cost of labor costs jobs. It doesn't benefit the people it claims to benefit.

• Banned

^^Is that about right?

Im not rich but it's still my money. That is until the government extorts it out of me.

Only fools think all business owners are rich.

So business owners are either going to stop hiring or start hiring illegal workers, because they don't want to pay Americans over $7.25 an hour? We should all look up to these patriotic "job creators".

:up_yours:

Well, that would be a little more the poor would have to spend to help stimulate the economy. Sounds good...

No...but see...its good when a rich person has extra money to spend. But put that extra money into the hands of several poorer people to spend and..well, thats bad. See....rich money goes into the US economy. Poor people money goes into the economy of the Planet Nibiru orbitting out in deep space somewhere. See how that works now?

Im not rich you dumbfuck. And this would take money out of my pocket.

The better plan would be to eliminate the Federal minimum wage and let the states determine what to make the minimum wage or whether they should have any. After all, costs are different throughout the nation. Why would a once size fits all plan from Washington address the needs of the country?

So business owners are either going to stop hiring or start hiring illegal workers, because they don't want to pay Americans over $7.25 an hour? We should all look up to these patriotic "job creators".

Look no further than any business that cares about their bottom line.

In other words every business thats run by a sane person.

When are you going to figure out that people who might otherwise create jobs can't if you put too many restrictions on them that make them unable to make a profit?

^^Is that about right?

nope. Not at all.

Artificially increasing the cost of labor costs jobs. It doesn't benefit the people it claims to benefit.

Well, just hire illegal Mexicans and drop minimum wage down to $1 per hour. That should really help...

No. it would be more poor out of work living off the government. Which I think is the point.

??????????????????

How would raising the minimum wage be giving money to the "out of work"??? They gotta be....at work...to get minimum wage. And unless they are working for the govt, that minimum wage isn't coming from the govt.

The better plan would be to eliminate the Federal minimum wage and let the states determine what to make the minimum wage or whether they should have any. After all, costs are different throughout the nation. Why would a once size fits all plan from Washington address the needs of the country?

Now that makes more sense. When I took a contract in Dale City Virginia it cost a freaking fortune the 3 months I was there as compared to KC

Im not rich you dumbfuck. And this would take money out of my pocket.

Cost of living has gone up. PRICES have gone up. Everything has gone up, including labor.

Guess what...China and North Korea dont have minimum wage. Are you a commie?

No. it would be more poor out of work living off the government. Which I think is the point.

??????????????????

How would raising the minimum wage be giving money to the "out of work"??? They gotta be....at work...to get minimum wage. And unless they are working for the govt, that minimum wage isn't coming from the govt.

Because raising the minimum wage increases the cost of labor. Increasing the cost of labor means there will be less people hired. Less people hired means more people will be out of work and looking to the government for support.

It's called common sense.

When I bagged groceries, the min wage was $4.25. Now it is over 7. And the nation has gotten richer since then, despite that minimum wage almost doubling. You'll be fine.

What planet do you live on where you believe this to be a good idea?

Beyond that when I take on commercial work I often have to hire temporary help. Help that picks up debris or does simple meanial tasks. Definitely not worthy of the 20+ dollar an hour cost it would end up being going though a temp agency. I simply wouldnt hire while others would resort to illegal under the table practices.

Obama's call to raise the minimum wage to $9.00 per hour, shows that he has absolutely no concept of real world economics. He doesn't understand that increasing the minimum wage has many negative consequences. It increases prices for all, and reduces jobs for young people entering the labor force.

The ignorant ass believes that government bureaucrats are bright enough to determine what the products and jobs of the future will be. He is a left wing nutjob of the highest order.

Forum List

Back