Obama wants to encourage manufacturing.

That is not the SOTU, which is what you claimed.

Obama to offer corporate tax reform plan - CNN.comwww.cnn.com/2012/02/22/.../obama-corporate-taxes/index.htmlYou +1'd this publicly. Undo
8 hours ago – The Obama administration has been talking about unveiling a plan to fix the corporate tax system for well over a year. In the State of the Union ...

Obama has been talking bout cutting the deficit since he first got in office.

no idea what subject you are on

Obama to offer corporate tax reform plan - CNN.comwww.cnn.com/2012/02/22/.../obama-corporate-taxes/index.htmlYou +1'd this publicly. Undo
8 hours ago – The Obama administration has been talking about unveiling a plan to fix the corporate tax system for well over a year. In the State of the Union ...

The subject I am on is Obama and how he postures a lot, but never delivers. I haven't finished going through his tax reforms, but so far they look like it will raise the cost of doing business across the board, drive more money out of the US, and negatively impact manufacturers the hardest.

The subject I am on is Obama and how he postures a lot, but never delivers. I haven't finished going through his tax reforms, but so far they look like it will raise the cost of doing business across the board, drive more money out of the US, and negatively impact manufacturers the hardest.

You're probably right, he's a liberal and so its in is DNA. FDR was the same way, he spoke of the economic royalists

Cato: Consider just a few of FDR's policies. The New Deal tripled federal taxes between 1933 and 1940 -- excise taxes, personal income taxes, inheritance taxes, corporate income taxes, dividend taxes, excess profits taxes all went up, and FDR introduced an undistributed profits tax. A number of New Deal laws, including some 700 industrial cartel codes, made it more expensive for employers to hire people, and this discouraged hiring.

Frequent changes in the tax laws plus FDR's anti-business rhetoric ("economic royalists") discouraged people from making investments essential for growth and jobs. New Deal securities laws made it harder for employers to raise capital. FDR issued antitrust lawsuits against some 150 employers and companies, making it harder for them to focus on business. FDR signed a law ordering the break-up of America's strongest banks, with the lowest failure rates. New Deal farm policies destroyed food -- 10 million acres of crops and 6 million farm animals -- thereby wiping out farm jobs and forcing food prices above market levels for 100 million American consumers. FDR's Folly spells out much more in startling, sometimes hilarious detail."

Forum List

Back