Obama Vows To Pursue Gun Control 'With Or Without Congress'...

One bright spot....

The next President can undo any EO this ass signs.

Every Republican candidate should promise to review and revoke nearly every EO Obama has signed.

Here let me clue you in on something. "Reading comprehension" isn't just being able to understand the definition of the words on the page, it has more to do with understanding the message the writer is trying to convey. If you were able to comprehend Obama's message you you would know that he means more gun control.

Practice. After you have gotten better, come back and I'll teach you how to understand logic and how it is used to actually predict the future!

Actually you're plagiarizing Lewis Carroll here:

>> 'I don't know what you mean by "glory",' Alice said.

Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. 'Of course you don't — till I tell you. I meant "there's a nice knock-down argument for you!"'

'But "glory" doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument",' Alice objected.

'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.' <<

When you invent your own language, you can't just import existing English words and assign them your own new definitions. "Citizenship" does not mean "legislation"; it does not mean "laws" it doesn't even mean "control".

The OP is based on made-up crap. Admit it.

You need more practice with reading comprehension. That post is too high a level for you. Start with something simpler.

Fine, then for the fourth time --- show me where there's any reference whatsoever to laws or legislation. For that matter show me where there's any reference to "guns".

Start there and we'll break it down and see who's got comprehension. Until you can find some way to do that, your post is textual flatulence.

Last edited:
President Obama vowed on Tuesday night to pursue gun control &#8220;with or without Congress.&#8221;

Translation: Obama plans to illegally deal with gun control, royally piss off millions of Americans and endanger his party's chances of keeping the Senate...all in one swift move.

Apparently this dope doesn't thnk his approval rating is low enough.

Except that's not what was in the speech; you're reading a hack writer's made-up headline.

Oops.

I predict a rise in gun sales.

And a run on ammo.

And Obama can expect a "Thank You" letter from the leaders of the gun industry.

Which is odd, since he never mentioned guns. Do you mean leaders of the violence industry? Because he did mention violence.

So are you pro-violence too, like the OP? I think he went to the same reading school.

Last edited:
In order to do anything about gun control a law must be passed. Nothing about gun control can be done through executive action alone.

Please learn the law before you speak to me.

Perhaps you need to learn to read before you post. Like that pauly pro-violence guy.

Once again, where in the speech is anything about "gun control"? Where in the speech is anything about such a law at all? Legislation? Where is it?

WHERE? Duuuuuh?

Oh and your Kennedy quote had nothing to do with wanting to control a constitutional right.

Correct. That's the fucking point, Einstein. None of them do.

I'm sorry he didn't simplify it enough for you. He should know how utterly stupid his followers are.

&#8220;Citizenship means standing up for the lives that gun violence steals from us each day,&#8221; he said. &#8220;I&#8217;ve seen the courage of parents, students, pastors, police officers all over this country who say &#8216;we are not afraid.&#8217; And I intend to keep trying, with or without Congress, to help stop more tragedies from visiting innocent Americans in our movie theaters, in our shopping malls, or schools like Sandy Hook.

If he's not referring to gun control then exactly what is it he's referencing?

What is his plan to "help stop more tragedies from visiting innocent Americans"?

Well you could try reading the actual words. Surprisingly, going right to the source often gives what we call "clues".

"Citizenship means standing up...". 'Standing up' is intentionally vague but means saying something, getting involved, even doing what we're doing here. And the subject of the subordinate clause "that gun violence steals from us each day" is the word violence. What steals from us? Gun violence. Gun is an adjective telling what kind of violence. So to break it down to terms so simple even a Texan could navigate it, "citizenship means standing up to violence".

Got a problem with standing up to violence? I don't.

It's simple feelgood political rhetoric; emotion-based, substance-free, doesn't require any followup, not a promise, nothing to it. Just like a "shining city on a hill" or a "thousand points of light". No followup required; just empty feelgood rhetoric. And you don't need Congress to pass rhetoric. Nor do you need it to call for public activism and attitude, which is what he just did here.

On the other hand there's no reference to "gun control", there's no reference to any laws or regulations, there's no reference to the Second Amendment, there's not even a reference to guns per se. All of that was made up by the hack who posted this article on the web, and our own hack who made a thread out of it without reading its journalistic faux pas.

A point on which he's gone stunningly and embarrassedly silent, because he's too much of a wimp to admit he got played like a cheap banjo by a hack political writer who either can't read simple English or, more likely, knows that his readership won't.

Last edited:
For those who are not rigidly partisan and infected with Obama Derangement Syndrome, here is a press release from a Republican Senator regarding an executive action which made it easier for guns to be kept out of the hands of the mentally ill:

U.S. Senator Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) released the following statement regarding the Administration's actions today to help states comply with the law requiring the submission of certain mental health records into the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS):

"I applaud the Administration's efforts today to make it easier for states to comply with the law requiring the submission of certain mental health records into the NICS system to ensure that those who are adjudicated dangerously mentally ill are prohibited from purchasing a firearm."
You see, there is a law, passed by the legislative branch, which directs mental health records to be entered into the background check system. It is up to the executive to write the specific rules regarding the execution of the laws. One can make the rules lax or one could make the rules more strict.

If a President makes the rules more strict, as Obama just did, he is not violating the Constitution in any way. He is executing the law passed by the legislature. But political hacks with an agenda call this "bypassing Congress" so the rubes will shit their pants and subscribe to their partisan missives for more manufactured bullshit.

I know this is not penetrating those who consume the Daily Pisser, but I hope this helps others who do not understand the minutia of how our government works and would like to know.

One word:

HIPPA
:eusa_shhh:

Perhaps you need to learn to read before you post. Like that pauly pro-violence guy.

Once again, where in the speech is anything about "gun control"? Where in the speech is anything about such a law at all? Legislation? Where is it?

WHERE? Duuuuuh?

I'm sorry he didn't simplify it enough for you. He should know how utterly stupid his followers are.

“Citizenship means standing up for the lives that gun violence steals from us each day,” he said. “I’ve seen the courage of parents, students, pastors, police officers all over this country who say ‘we are not afraid.’ And I intend to keep trying, with or without Congress, to help stop more tragedies from visiting innocent Americans in our movie theaters, in our shopping malls, or schools like Sandy Hook.

What is his plan to "help stop more tragedies from visiting innocent Americans"?

Well you could try reading the actual words. Surprisingly, going right to the source often gives what we call "clues".

"Citizenship means standing up...". 'Standing up' is intentionally vague but means saying something, getting involved, even doing what we're doing here. And the subject of the subordinate clause "that gun violence steals from us each day" is the word violence. What steals from us? Gun violence. Gun is an adjective telling what kind of violence. So to break it down to terms so simple even a Texan could navigate it, "citizenship means standing up to violence".

It's simple feelgood political rhetoric; emotion-based, substance-free, doesn't require any followup, not a promise, nothing to it. Just like a "shining city on a hill" or a "thousand points of light". No followup required; just empty feelgood rhetoric. And you don't need Congress to pass rhetoric. Nor do you need it to call for public activism and attitude, which is what he just did here.

On the other hand there's no reference to "gun control", there's no reference to any laws or regulations, there's no reference to the Second Amendment, there's not even a reference to guns per se. All of that was made up by the hack who posted this article on the web, and our own hack who made a thread out of it without reading its journalistic faux pas.

A point on which he's gone stunningly and embarrassedly silent, because he's too much of a wimp to admit he got played like a cheap banjo by a hack political writer who either can't read simple English or, more likely, knows that his readership won't.

How nauseous are you after spinning the president's statement?

His statement is clear, he intends to push gun control, either with congress or by executive fiat.

&#8220;Citizenship means standing up for the lives that gun violence steals from us each day,&#8221; he said. &#8220;I&#8217;ve seen the courage of parents, students, pastors, police officers all over this country who say &#8216;we are not afraid.&#8217; And I intend to keep trying, with or without Congress, to help stop more tragedies from visiting innocent Americans in our movie theaters, in our shopping malls, or schools like Sandy Hook.

How nauseous are you after spinning the president's statement?

His statement is clear, he intends to push gun control, either with congress or by executive fiat.

Uh-- who is 'spinning' here?

Where in the speech is any reference to gun laws?

Where in the speech is any reference to "gun control"?

Where in the speech is any reference to guns per se, at all? Where is it? Where does it say this in the transcript? Where can we see this in the video? Where?

Exactly. Now then --- Who is spinning whom? :eusa_hand:

Last edited:
“I have seen the courage of parents, students, pastors, and police officers all over this country who say ‘we are not afraid,’” he said, “and I intend to keep trying, with or without Congress, to help stop more tragedies from visiting innocent Americans in our movie theaters, shopping malls, or schools like Sandy Hook.”

What's the problem?

The President said he's going to do whatever he can. He didn't say he was going to confiscate guns or arrest gun owners. He never threatened to do anything unlawful or unconstitutional.

&#8220;I have seen the courage of parents, students, pastors, and police officers all over this country who say &#8216;we are not afraid,&#8217;&#8221; he said, &#8220;and I intend to keep trying, with or without Congress, to help stop more tragedies from visiting innocent Americans in our movie theaters, shopping malls, or schools like Sandy Hook.&#8221;

What's the problem?

The President said he's going to do whatever he can. He didn't say he was going to confiscate guns or arrest gun owners. He never threatened to do anything unlawful or unconstitutional.

Exactly. What's going on here is the same kind of wilful faux-stupidity (I hope it's faux) that pretended Bob Costas put out a "gun control rant" on his commentary during Monday Night Football over a year ago. The fact that Costas never mentioned laws, legislation or 'gun control' seems to be alarmingly irrelevant to those who are already used to writing their own revisionist histories.

Guess that's how it is when you live in a bubble; you write your own realities. The scary part is that it takes just one hack writer or speaker or poster to make up a story out of whole cloth, and the mass minions fall all over themselves to collectively get up in a mob mentality huff, never stopping to notice that what they're in a huff about is complete made-up shinola.

Last edited:
PointlessTheGodhonesttruth_8b8815_4995535_zps3ca6a4e7.jpg

Hey Paulie, while you're trading images from comic books I just want to give you the good news -- this thread has been elected a charter member of TBB- Threads Based on Bullshit.

Excellent job of making shit up from nothing. :clap2: Aesop is jealous.

Hey Paulie, while you're trading images from comic books I just want to give you the good news -- this thread has been elected a charter member of TBB- Threads Based on Bullshit.

Nah, that's just what you Obamabot sycophants keep sayin. We know better. ;)

If the thread premise were true you could quote it.

You can't, as it doesn't exist.

Ergo, bullshit. You failed. Again.
Learn how to read.

Last edited:

If it were true you could quote it.

Ergo you fail. Again.

You Obamabots keep on worshipping. Whatever floats yer boats i guess. Have fun. :)

If it were true you could quote it.

Ergo you fail. Again.

You Obamabots keep on worshipping. Whatever floats yer boats i guess. Have fun. :)

Where's the quote that makes your case? Where?

Exactly. There's no such thing.
Calling that bullshit out amounts to "worship". OK then, dumbass. :cuckoo:

I'm building my barracades out front. I have already finished them out back. I checked this morning and they have not yet taken my guns away. I figure that within a couple of weeks, my fortress will be complete. Of course, then I will have to start stocking up on food and water, for when they come....

My nieghbors look at me kind of funny, but I am pretty sure that they are agents of the government.

WHERE? Duuuuuh?

“Citizenship means standing up for the lives that gun violence steals from us each day,” he said. “I’ve seen the courage of parents, students, pastors, police officers all over this country who say ‘we are not afraid.’ And I intend to keep trying, with or without Congress, to help stop more tragedies from visiting innocent Americans in our movie theaters, in our shopping malls, or schools like Sandy Hook.

It has everything to do with gun control you moron, But hey I don't expect any liberal to be honest, not even for a second.

Fact is the citizenship does want to do something about violence, they want to be allowed to arm themselves against the thugs and crazies out there that want to kill them. But I am sure that's not what Obama meant.

Damn you people are stupid.

It has everything to do with gun control you moron, But hey I don't expect any liberal to be honest, not even for a second.

Then just quote it.
Quote the part of the speech that mentions "gun control".
Quote any part of the speech at all that mentions any kind of gun legislation AT ALL.

You can't do it. Because it's not there. That makes you and the OP liars.

Fact is the citizenship does want to do something about violence, they want to be allowed to arm themselves against the thugs and crazies out there that want to kill them. But I am sure that's not what Obama meant.

"I don't care what he said; I wanna cry the blues about what I wish he had said!"
Grow up.

Damn you people are stupid.

Not stupid enough to have to make shit up that isn't there apparently...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back