Obama vetoes bill that would have taken our hard earned taxes out of his pocket

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
First off, I didn't know we were paying presidents after they left office. I find that egregious. It's not like they don't have plenty of inbuilt opportunities as it is. The high pensions wasn't a surprise.

Basically the bill would've capped expenses paid at $200K; a generous amount. Instead, people like Dubya get paid $1.1 f'ing million per year by us. And apparently, Obama wants the same perk. The bill also phased out pensions for anyone making $400K income. I'm guessing it still applied whenever a president made less.

Obama, who had not threatened to veto the legislation waited the full 10 days to sign the veto after Congress was out of session.

Obama vetoes cuts to former presidents' expense accounts

The money will be pouring in from every direction for Obama so this amount is a relative pittance. However, I agree that the taxpayer should kick loose our ex-Presidents. There was an era when they needed our help, but that time is past.

The money will be pouring in from every direction for Obama so this amount is a relative pittance. However, I agree that the taxpayer should kick loose our ex-Presidents. There was an era when they needed our help, but that time is past.

Which shows how greedy he is. Do you know how many times I had to hear this guy talk about paying our "fair share"? Good riddance to this guy.

Obama will travel through Europe and reap in the speaking fees. They still think he's a god over there. That shows how hopeless the Europeans are. They gave him a Nobel Peace Prize for basically doing nothing. What a bunch of suckers.

When he teturns the $500 million he r3cently stole I might be a little impressed....

Let's face it, an ex President really can't work after leaving the White House and there should be some pay, but it gets to be a little too much. Think of it this way: Look at all the money the Clinton's are worth now and they are getting these paychecks.

To the OP, if you think that's ridiculous, I think you better checkout what your ex Mayors are getting, retired county executives, Governor and so on. They are all raking it in even at the local levels. We had one joker that worked for the county, but was an ex-Mayor in a nearby suburb. He was collecting retirement pay for being the Mayor while still working for big bucks as a county executive. On top of that, he's now in jail for taking kick-backs.

I am not sure Obama has the coattails of past presidents. I am sure that people who have the money will pay to hear him speak as they would a pay a circus performer to entertain them. Signing Obama to speak will sooth the racists image thus he will make millions. But his influence with congress will be nil, in my opinion.

I am not sure Obama has the coattails of past presidents. I am sure that people who have the money will pay to hear him speak as they would a pay a circus performer to entertain them. Signing Obama to speak will sooth the racists image thus he will make millions. But his influence with congress will be nil, in my opinion.

Don't you believe it. Think Hillary doesn't have inside investment information from all her friends on Wall Street that she gave expensive speeches to? I'm sure there are plenty of Congress critters willing to do favors to get that information.

Forum List

Back