The Religious Right’s Last Gasp

BertramN

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2016
The author of the article entitled “The Religious Right’s Last Gasp” speaks as a Christian who points out the many failings of the Christian right to accurately and sincerely adhere to the teachings found in both the New and Old Testaments.

In the article at the following link, Professor Emeritus of Philosophy, Gettysburg College, and Catholic priest, Kerry Walters exposes the wide-spread and long enduring hypocrisy of the Christian right.

Rational people, please enjoy.

The Religious Right's Last Gasp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite the firm belief of right-wingers to the contrary, denial of facts in no way refutes them, and changing the subject does not win the debate.

I know this kind of Catholic priest, he works at every parish. You confess your sin to him, and then he tells you the sin you confessed is not really a sin, the Church is actually mistaken about that. He assures you not to worry about your sin, and go on and do it as often as you like. God is not really interested in that particular sin, which actually isn't a sin at all, even though the Church teaches it is a sin, the Church is actually mistaken, listen to me, I know better than the Catholic Church.

The author of the article entitled “The Religious Right’s Last Gasp” speaks as a Christian who points out the many failings of the Christian right to accurately and sincerely adhere to the teachings found in both the New and Old Testaments.

In the article at the following link, Professor Emeritus of Philosophy, Gettysburg College, and Catholic priest, Kerry Walters exposes the wide-spread and long enduring hypocrisy of the Christian right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite the firm belief of right-wingers to the contrary, denial of facts in no way refutes them, and changing the subject does not win the debate.

The Death of the Left Wing Intellectual

I know this kind of Catholic priest, he works at every parish. You confess your sin to him, and then he tells you the sin you confessed is not really a sin, the Church is actually mistaken about that. He assures you not to worry about your sin, and go on and do it as often as you like. God is not really interested in that particular sin, which actually isn't a sin at all, even though the Church teaches it is a sin, the Church is actually mistaken, listen to me, I know better than the Catholic Church.
The Catholic church is just a front for modern Baal worship.

The Catholic priest who wrote this article is too ignorant to know that evangelical Christians mostly supported Ted Cruz, not Donald Trump. Donald Trump's support comes from blue collar people who aren't that particularly religious. Trump has already thrown evangelicals under the bus with his promotion of special protections for gay people. Also, I know evangelicals better than this Catholic priest apparently does, he has no idea who they are or what they believe. He is either extremely ignorant, or deliberately lying.

The Catholic priest who wrote this article is too ignorant to know that evangelical Christians mostly supported Ted Cruz, not Donald Trump. Donald Trump's support comes from blue collar people who aren't that particularly religious. Trump has already thrown evangelicals under the bus with his promotion of special protections for gay people. Also, I know evangelicals better than this Catholic priest apparently does, he has no idea who they are or what they believe. He is either extremely ignorant, or deliberately lying.
Trump did say that he would make sure political speech in churches would be protected.

As a Catholic, I am shocked that you discovered our secret. I was just locking away my Baal worshipping idols away after our family's nightly ritual of human sacrifice and ritual cannibalism. I have to say, it's getting harder and harder to find homeless men to lure into our basement so we can kill them and take out their liver. It's getting to the point where we're actually having to advertise on Craig's List.

Trump did say that he would make sure political speech in churches would be protected.
Is that a good thing to you or a bad thing?

As a Catholic, I am shocked that you discovered our secret. I was just locking away my Baal worshipping idols away after our family's nightly ritual of human sacrifice and ritual cannibalism. I have to say, it's getting harder and harder to find homeless men to lure into our basement so we can kill them and take out their liver. It's getting to the point where we're actually having to advertise on Craig's List.
It's really not much of a secret. It just takes a small amount of reading, and research on both cults...

Most of that cults lowest ranks are clueless to their being deceived. Good little sheep. Sheep to the slaughter of damnation...

It's really not much of a secret. It just takes a small amount of reading, and research on both cults...
Yes, everything you have read is true. I have a large Catholic family, and we are all wizards and witches of Baal. If I wanted, I could cast a hex on you that would cause your genitals to shrivel up and fall off.

Using a far left blog site for your "facts" does nothing for your case..

Most of that cults lowest ranks are clueless to their being deceived. Good little sheep. Sheep to the slaughter of damnation...
But I am in the Third Circle, and know all but the most innermost of Secrets. Our plan is to round up all the homeless men and turn them into flesh eating zombies under our magical control. The Grand Poobah has told us that the Time of Reckoning is Soon. When that happens, I will have to set aside my law practice for a while, for I will be very busy with all the dozens of zombies I have to control.

Yes, everything you have read is true. I have a large Catholic family, and we are all wizards and witches of Baal. If I wanted, I could cast a hex on you that would cause your genitals to shrivel up and fall off.
Jest as you will... It is after all; your soul... for now.
Baal is the Catholic God ... just in case you ever get bored...

Jest as you will... It is after all; your soul... for now.
Baal is the Catholic God ... just in case you ever get bored...
Right now I'm building voodoo dolls. Send me a piece of your shirt and I will make one of you.

Some just don't want to know... Much more comfortable that way. For now...

Baal has authorized me to walk in your dreams tonight, whisper in your ear, and tell you all our deepest darkest Catholic secrets. When you awake, you will know all that you only suspected to be true!!! I do this for you since you are such an intelligent and educated man, and you are deserving of my utmost respect.

Baal has authorized me to walk in your dreams tonight, whisper in your ear, and tell you all our deepest darkest Catholic secrets. When you awake, you will know all that you only suspected to be true!!! I do this for you since you are such an intelligent and educated man, and you are deserving of my utmost respect.
Couldn't help but notice that you haven't tried to refute the evidence... And the evidence is there. Lots of it. Next come the insults...?

Couldn't help but notice that you haven't tried to refute the evidence... And the evidence is there. Lots of it. Next come the insults...?
I have admitted to everything, there is no need for further evidence. Also, I called you an intelligent and educated man, deserving of my utmost respect. How have I insulted you?

Forum List

Back