Obama uses DOMA to deport a gay person.

Auxous

Rookie
Aug 9, 2011
The Obama Administration has denied the request of a married couple in San Francisco, ordering the expulsion of one spouse who is the primary caregiver of his legally married husband with AIDS.

Team Obama is incapable of valuing our actual relationships, while making pretty speeches about DOMA’s unconstitutionality.

Bradford Wells, a U.S. citizen, and Anthony John Makk, a citizen of Australia, were married seven years ago in Massachusetts. They have lived together 19 years, mostly in an apartment in the Castro district. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services denied Makk’s application to be considered for permanent residency as a spouse of an American citizen, citing the 1996 law that denies all federal benefits to same-sex couples.​

Mr Wells states his case plainly:

“I’m married just like any other married person in this country,” Wells said. “At this point, the government can come in and take my husband and deport him. It’s infuriating. It’s upsetting. I have no power, no right to keep my husband in this country. I love this country, I live here, I pay taxes and I have no right to share my home with the person I married.”​

Fierce Advocate's Administration Cites DOMA, Denies Immigration Benefits to Gay Married Couple | MyFDL

We don't need any more fags with aids then we already have

The Obama Administration has denied the request of a married couple in San Francisco, ordering the expulsion of one spouse who is the primary caregiver of his legally married husband with AIDS.

Team Obama is incapable of valuing our actual relationships, while making pretty speeches about DOMA’s unconstitutionality.

Bradford Wells, a U.S. citizen, and Anthony John Makk, a citizen of Australia, were married seven years ago in Massachusetts. They have lived together 19 years, mostly in an apartment in the Castro district. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services denied Makk’s application to be considered for permanent residency as a spouse of an American citizen, citing the 1996 law that denies all federal benefits to same-sex couples.​

Mr Wells states his case plainly:

“I’m married just like any other married person in this country,” Wells said. “At this point, the government can come in and take my husband and deport him. It’s infuriating. It’s upsetting. I have no power, no right to keep my husband in this country. I love this country, I live here, I pay taxes and I have no right to share my home with the person I married.”​

Fierce Advocate's Administration Cites DOMA, Denies Immigration Benefits to Gay Married Couple | MyFDL

What exactly are you complaining about Bradford?

• Banned
Oh no, Obama is now inforcing laws on illegals, let us here the rightwingers bitch and moan about Obama, Obama,,,,,,

It displays Obama's hypocrisy. However, that is what the left is about, eh? If the left is really concerned about immigration policy, then they would go after Obama' aunt. Instead, they rather preach about gay rights while trashing them.

However, given Obama's attack on civil liberties, this behavior is not surprising.

Oh no, Obama is now inforcing laws on illegals, let us here the rightwingers bitch and moan about Obama, Obama,,,,,,

It displays Obama's hypocrisy. However, that is what the left is about, eh? If the left is really concerned about immigration policy, then they would go after Obama' aunt. Instead, they rather preach about gay rights while trashing them.

However, given Obama's attack on civil liberties, this behavior is not surprising.

If he is illegal then deport. Obamas' aunt was granted asylum. So she is here legally

If he is illegal then deport. Obamas' aunt was granted asylum. So she is here legally

It is the hypocrisy that is astounding. Additionally, showing that there are no other priorities in going after immigration matters also raises eyebrows.

A case-by-case basis that appears to exclude a legally married gay couple who have been together 19 years, one of whom is the AIDS caregiver for a United States citizen, along with owning rental property in the United States and starting a business here. Surely this is the kind of case where case-by-case basis discretion might apply. Why would this Australian’s deportation be prioritized? Aren’t there other, higher priority immigration matters?

Did Obama personally deport this man using Presidential authority, or did the INS do it?

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services denied Makk's application to be considered for permanent residency as a spouse of an American citizen, citing the 1996 law that denies all federal benefits to same-sex couples.

However, Wells pleaded with Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and President Obama to intervene - the same Obama who decided earlier this year that the law, commonly known as DOMA, is unconstitutional on equal protection grounds and that the administration would no longer defend it in court.

"We are appealing to the Obama administration to begin to put into action what they've said repeatedly they can do," said Immigration Equality spokesman Steve Ralls. "The Department of Homeland Security and ICE have said again and again that they can exercise discretion in individual cases, but they have not done so for a single gay or lesbian couple yet."
S.F. gay married couple loses immigration battle

It is the hypocrisy that is astounding. Additionally, showing that there are no other priorities in going after immigration matters also raises eyebrows.

A case-by-case basis that appears to exclude a legally married gay couple who have been together 19 years, one of whom is the AIDS caregiver for a United States citizen, along with owning rental property in the United States and starting a business here. Surely this is the kind of case where case-by-case basis discretion might apply. Why would this Australian’s deportation be prioritized? Aren’t there other, higher priority immigration matters?

and illegal,being married to a citizen,does not allow one to get citizenship automatically

and illegal,being married to a citizen,does not allow one to get citizenship automatically

Tell that to Shanahan and his kicker

:eusa_shhh:

You are struggling with the concept of hypocrisy. Obama said that he was going to stop defending DOMA. Stop defending DOMA and trampling on basic civil liberties and this would not be an issue.

Tell that to Shanahan and his kicker

:eusa_shhh:

they're married? and Gay?

Just an observation but doesn't it seem like one husband was cheating on the other husband when he contracted AIDS and the other husband didn't have it? Maybe homosexual relationships are more tolerent of stupid life ending reckless conduct than hetero couples.

Forum List

Back