Obama uses DOMA to deport a gay person.

actually, obama didn't do anything. these laws were in place before obama took office. further, these laws are automatic. once action is taken, obama's admin can take an individual look at each case. so, if the person is actually deported, you have a point. until then, nothing.

The Obama Administration has denied the request of a married couple in San Francisco, ordering the expulsion of one spouse who is the primary caregiver of his legally married husband with AIDS.

Team Obama is incapable of valuing our actual relationships, while making pretty speeches about DOMA’s unconstitutionality.

Bradford Wells, a U.S. citizen, and Anthony John Makk, a citizen of Australia, were married seven years ago in Massachusetts. They have lived together 19 years, mostly in an apartment in the Castro district. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services denied Makk’s application to be considered for permanent residency as a spouse of an American citizen, citing the 1996 law that denies all federal benefits to same-sex couples.​

Mr Wells states his case plainly:

“I’m married just like any other married person in this country,” Wells said. “At this point, the government can come in and take my husband and deport him. It’s infuriating. It’s upsetting. I have no power, no right to keep my husband in this country. I love this country, I live here, I pay taxes and I have no right to share my home with the person I married.”​

Fierce Advocate's Administration Cites DOMA, Denies Immigration Benefits to Gay Married Couple | MyFDL

Why did you call them a gay person??????? What does that have to do with it at all? They were Deported because they were NOT FUCKING HERE LEGALLY.

Just an observation but doesn't it seem like one husband was cheating on the other husband when he contracted AIDS and the other husband didn't have it? Maybe homosexual relationships are more tolerent of stupid life ending reckless conduct than hetero couples.

My guess is if it's as serious as they are saying, he likely contracted it before the relationship began.

And im not sure anything was said about his partner not having HIV.

Not really relevant to the discussion though.

Why did you call them a gay person??????? What does that have to do with it at all? They were Deported because they were NOT FUCKING HERE LEGALLY.

All thanks to DOMA. If they were straight, then they would have easily have qualified for citizenship through marriage.

Unfortunately, this "nuance" is lost on you.

It's a attempt to emotionally charge people into thinking he is being persecuted and is some victim because he is gay.

All thanks to DOMA. If they were straight, then they would have easily have qualified for citizenship through marriage.

No. They wouldn't have because marriage does not automatically qualify someone for marriage if they are here illegally.

Just an observation but doesn't it seem like one husband was cheating on the other husband when he contracted AIDS and the other husband didn't have it? Maybe homosexual relationships are more tolerent of stupid life ending reckless conduct than hetero couples.

When did he contract AIDS...tell us exactly when in relation to when they married. Thank you in advance.

Exactly...they are legally married...the INS can check to see if the marriage is legit or a "convenience "marriage, like we see so much with so-called hetero marriages. But rejecting the marriage due to it being a gay marriage.....this is why DOMA is unconstitutional and needs to go. Now.

My guess is if it's as serious as they are saying, he likely contracted it before the relationship began.

19 years is a long time. If one husband already had full blown (pardon the pun) AIDS wouldn't it impact on their sexual relationship? Is AIDS still seen as a mark of commitment to the lifestyle in the homosexual community? After all the whining and the coverage and the (did I say whining?) about the alleged epidemic is there a single human in society who doesn't know what the "A" in AIDS means?

No. They wouldn't have because marriage does not automatically qualify someone for marriage if they are here illegally.

People keep claiming this, but fail to prove that John Makk was here for 19 years illegally. What happened is that he was denied permanent residence. There is a difference between being here legally for a temporary time period and being here illegally.

Bradford Wells, a U.S. citizen, and Anthony John Makk, a citizen of Australia, were married seven years ago in Massachusetts. They have lived together 19 years, mostly in an apartment in the Castro district. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services denied Makk’s application to be considered for permanent residency as a spouse of an American citizen, citing the 1996 law that denies all federal benefits to same-sex couples.

The agency’s decision cited the Defense of Marriage Act as the reason for the denial of an I-130 visa, or spousal petition that could allow Makk to apply for permanent U.S. residency. “The claimed relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary is not a petitionable relationship,” the decision said. “For a relationship to qualify as a marriage for purposes of federal law, one partner must be a man and the other a woman.”

Fierce Advocate's Administration Cites DOMA, Denies Immigration Benefits to Gay Married Couple | MyFDL

Last edited:

The alleged relationship of 19 years is a long time. It's reasonable to assume that one husband contracted the disease during the relationship with the other husband or the whole relationship story is bogus and the only reason for the marriage is to hang the cost of AIDS therapy on the insurance provider.

19 years is a long time. If one husband already had full blown (pardon the pun) AIDS wouldn't it impact on their sexual relationship? Is AIDS still seen as a mark of commitment to the lifestyle in the homosexual community? After all the whining and the coverage and the (did I say whining?) about the alleged epidemic is there a single human in society who doesn't know what the "A" in AIDS means?
19 years is a long time...but not that long with people with AIDs...I know several men who have had HIV/AIDS for 20 years or more.

Forum List

Back