Obama To Women At Barnard: ‘I Will Be Right There With You’

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Obama-Barnard-Commencement-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

By Kyle Leighton

NEW YORK — On a gray day in New York City, about 600 young women gathered under tents to receive their diplomas from Barnard College, the all-female liberal arts school affiliated with Columbia University, and to hear from President Barack Obama.

And they certainly let him know they heard him — giving him multiple standing ovations and breaking into cheers and applause throughout his speech.

In a speech laced with presidential politics, President Obama told the graduates about his efforts to change the American landscape for young women. “If you’re willing to do your part now, if you’re willing to reach up and close that gap between what America is and what America should be, I want you to know that I will be right there with you,” he told the crowd.

The event was, in a way, on home turf for Obama. The crowd was frenzied from the moment Obama took the stage, and welcomed him with a standing ovation.

More: Obama To Women At Barnard: ‘I Will Be Right There With You’ | TPM2012

dance monkey dance.

Obama is sliding, and trying to divide us instead of unite America will do him in.

But he cannot change course now.

Worst, ever.

Obama-Barnard-Commencement-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

By Kyle Leighton

NEW YORK — On a gray day in New York City, about 600 young women gathered under tents to receive their diplomas from Barnard College, the all-female liberal arts school affiliated with Columbia University, and to hear from President Barack Obama.

And they certainly let him know they heard him — giving him multiple standing ovations and breaking into cheers and applause throughout his speech.

In a speech laced with presidential politics, President Obama told the graduates about his efforts to change the American landscape for young women. “If you’re willing to do your part now, if you’re willing to reach up and close that gap between what America is and what America should be, I want you to know that I will be right there with you,” he told the crowd.

The event was, in a way, on home turf for Obama. The crowd was frenzied from the moment Obama took the stage, and welcomed him with a standing ovation.

More: Obama To Women At Barnard: ‘I Will Be Right There With You’ | TPM2012

Women should be very cautious... when Obama shows attention to a particular group, he is about to hurt them with his executive "powers"...

Forum List

Back