Obama To Women At Barnard: ‘I Will Be Right There With You’

President Obama is playing chess; wingnuts are playing checkers (poorly).

yeah, he's there for the poor oppressed women of barnard.

:rofl:

he's going to take up a collection for the waifs at mt holyoke and smith next.

A smart political move on his part. ONe of his better ones.

Now if he just goes on Ellen....

Yes, exactly what he needs...to appear even more contrived.:D

I liked the part of his commencement speech where he warned the young ladies not to believe the media. He's actually blaming the media. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttt!!:lol:

" (CNSNews.com) - President Barack Obama pointed a finger at the news media today when he gave the commencement address at all-female Barnard College in New York City, attributing some of the blame for what he described as a lack of faith in American institutions on news reports that focus on “sensationalism” and “scandal” and carry “a message that change isn’t possible."

:lmao:

Unreal. You just can't make his speeches up these days. His speechwriters have to be stoned out big time.

Obama to Graduates: Don

Obama has two young daughters, and I'm sure he genuinely feels strongly about women's issues.

Actually i am sure his daughters will have zero issues with anything....ever. They will after all be the top 1% of the 1%.

So that is not a valid point.

Obama To Women At Barnard: ‘I Will Be Right There With You’

Will he put on his comfortable shoes and march with us?

Yeah, that pissed off many of us on the left. However, it's quite possible that the Secret Service would not even allow it considering all the death threats Obama receives.

Since Mr Obama took office, the rate of threats against the president has increased 400 percent from the 3,000 a year or so under President George W. Bush, according to Ronald Kessler, author of In the President's Secret Service.

Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service - Telegraph

Obama-Barnard-Commencement-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

By Kyle Leighton

NEW YORK — On a gray day in New York City, about 600 young women gathered under tents to receive their diplomas from Barnard College, the all-female liberal arts school affiliated with Columbia University, and to hear from President Barack Obama.

And they certainly let him know they heard him — giving him multiple standing ovations and breaking into cheers and applause throughout his speech.

In a speech laced with presidential politics, President Obama told the graduates about his efforts to change the American landscape for young women. “If you’re willing to do your part now, if you’re willing to reach up and close that gap between what America is and what America should be, I want you to know that I will be right there with you,” he told the crowd.

The event was, in a way, on home turf for Obama. The crowd was frenzied from the moment Obama took the stage, and welcomed him with a standing ovation.

More: Obama To Women At Barnard: ‘I Will Be Right There With You’ | TPM2012

Fantastic move by the Obama campaign. I'm surprised there isn't a whole thread devoted to how much the trip to Barnard cost. I guess they tried that already and failed. So now they are attacking his sexuality; same thing there, attacking his nationality and religion failed earlier.

You really have to wonder how Republicans can look at themselves in the mirror at some point don't you?

Fuck it. I'm talking about death threats, and not giving a shit about comfortable shoes.

Must be time for me to go read a book.

Well, smartass, maybe you need to reread post #52 to understand the context of my comment...

Forum List

Back