Obama to Meet With Seals. Question -----

The government didn't shut down and there were no pay cuts.

btw....loose lips sink ships.

stfu

You have to wonder why her son was the only one that got a half paycheck. That happens after Capt's Mast if one gets busted and their pay is docked tho. :eusa_whistle:

You people ARE truly stupid! For the record...my son was not the only one that got half a check, it happened to all of them! Yes, they eventually got their money, but because of the govt shuting down (it did a for very short time!) they only issued 1/2 paychecks. People were PISSED and had every right to be. They should be the LAST to not get paid when anything like this happens. What idiots.....

Take it up with congress. They are the ones who shut the government down, as they are the ones who "control the purse strings".

The President is under no obligation to automatically capitulate the power of his office to avoid a shutdown, just as the congress is under no obligation to adopt his agenda. When it comes to a "shutdown", it's congress' nuclear option; nonetheless it is still congress that decides to implement it and impart the consequences on the people.

I'll imagine your son eventually got his full paycheck.

OH my god...your son only got half pay when the government shut down?

There are so many things wrong with that, its hard to begin. Who is the bigger liar, you or your son?

No wait, I get it, this is a joke. Good one!!!!:clap2: If this is not a joke, you have ZERO credibility and the irony of you saying the words "what idiots" will be lost on you. This is not a right or wrong I made a mistake situation, this is either you are a liar or not.[/qulote]:lol: Whatever. Her son probably made her feel sorry for him and she sent him money. It really isn't her fault that she's so gullible.

I've tried to explain everything...i can't believe how bitchy people can be and won't even TRY to understand what i'm saying. Read my last post...i admited at the being wrong about the shut down. The issue with the military pay was not wrong...but it won't matter unless someone comes on here and verifies what i said. Sorry for bothering all of you....

I would like to Thank All that Have Served Our Country ~ Job Well Done ~
THANK YOU :clap2:

CarolJo, So Sorry ~
That's how they communicate around here ~ Basically scream foul words at each other imagining themselves opining words of wisdom. Unfortunately the rudeness to one another hinders any real discussion, bringing each other No closer to any understanding of the others thoughts or ideas. Seems that some like to think that they own this site. There are others that I can only describe as CyberBullies. Take a quick look at any thread, you will see the same names saying the Same Foul Things to the same foul people. They're especially cruel to any one new with fresh ideas. Best Wishes.........

CarolJo, So Sorry ~
That's how they communicate around here ~ Basically scream foul words at each other imagining themselves opining words of wisdom. Unfortunately the rudeness to one another hinders any real discussion, bringing each other No closer to any understanding of the others thoughts or ideas. Seems that some like to think that they own this site. There are others that I can only describe as CyberBullies. Take a quick look at any thread, you will see the same names saying the Same Foul Things to the same foul people. They're especially cruel to any one new with fresh ideas. Best Wishes.........
Sometimes people do scream foul words.

But that isn't what happened here. She either lied about her son or her son fooled her.

There was no government shutdown and no pay check problem.

And going around stating the troops hate the president is just not cool no matter who is president. Just plays into the hands of terrorists.

Thanks for your stupid input.

:thup:

You have to wonder why her son was the only one that got a half paycheck. That happens after Capt's Mast if one gets busted and their pay is docked tho. :eusa_whistle:

You people ARE truly stupid! For the record...my son was not the only one that got half a check, it happened to all of them! Yes, they eventually got their money, but because of the govt shuting down (it did a for very short time!) they only issued 1/2 paychecks. People were PISSED and had every right to be. They should be the LAST to not get paid when anything like this happens. What idiots.....

How odd that we have not heard from anyone else getting a half paycheck. I am willing to concede and apologize.....with proof.

I have a whole bunch of family and friends in the military. Haven't heard them bitching about not getting paid. And.... oh, hell, yea.... They would be bitching.

How odd that we have not heard from anyone else getting a half paycheck. I am willing to concede and apologize.....with proof.

I have a whole bunch of family and friends in the military. Haven't heard them bitching about not getting paid. And.... oh, hell, yea.... They would be bitching.

Indeed we would.

For what it's worth:

1. The SEALS who carried out this mission are true professionals. It kind of sells them short to even think that they would disrespect the office of the President of the United States or somehow carry an attitude that's short of professional.

2. In my experiences, most troops truly don't care about politicians or political perspectives. If it's combat, they only care if the politician is going to let them do their jobs and if that politician is going to find a way to accomplish the political objectives so that the troop can get the hell outta Dodge and go back home to his/her family.

3. I'm no fan of Barrack Obama. However, he made a pretty gutsy call to send in that team. In this one regard, I have the highest respect for President Obama. I think he did the right thing when it was really easy to either send in a bunch of Tomahawk missiles and call it a day or to just leave it alone and put it in the too-hard-to-do category. I think the SEALS probably respect the President for having the confidence that they were going to do their job no matter how much the odds were really against them succeeding.

Again, to question the professionalism of the Navy SEALS is poor form. Most likely comes from wannabeitis.

For what it's worth:

1. The SEALS who carried out this mission are true professionals. It kind of sells them short to even think that they would disrespect the office of the President of the United States or somehow carry an attitude that's short of professional.

2. In my experiences, most troops truly don't care about politicians or political perspectives. If it's combat, they only care if the politician is going to let them do their jobs and if that politician is going to find a way to accomplish the political objectives so that the troop can get the hell outta Dodge and go back home to his/her family.

3. I'm no fan of Barrack Obama. However, he made a pretty gutsy call to send in that team. In this one regard, I have the highest respect for President Obama. I think he did the right thing when it was really easy to either send in a bunch of Tomahawk missiles and call it a day or to just leave it alone and put it in the too-hard-to-do category. I think the SEALS probably respect the President for having the confidence that they were going to do their job no matter how much the odds were really against them succeeding.

Again, to question the professionalism of the Navy SEALS is poor form. Most likely comes from wannabeitis.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back