Obama to Meet with Hill Democrats to Try to Save Hopeycare

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Good luck with that.

Democrats are still reeling from a devastating beating and then one look at the 2018 Senate map says it all.

It favors Republicans in a big way. The GOP will be defending just eight seats, while Democrats must fight for 23 — plus another two held by independents who caucus with Democrats.

What’s worse is the fact that many of the seats they must defend are in states won by Trump.

Obama to huddle with Hill Democrats on saving Obamacare

We voted NO on Obamacare, Barry. You need to concentrate on packing up and moving the hell out of our lives.

I voted yes, and he listened to me. So much better for the coutry to have ins like the Texans do, or lack of it:

Texas is the uninsured capital of the United States. More than 4.3 million Texans - including 623,000 children - lack health insurance. Texas' uninsurance rates, 1.75 times the national average, create significant problems in the financing and delivery of health care to all Texans. Those who lack insurance coverage typically enjoy far-worse health status than their insured counterparts.

Snip

Texas workers are less likely to have employment-based health insurance coverage than those in other states. 50 percent of all companies in the US offer health coverage for their employees. In 2014, Texas ranked 49th in the nation, with only 47 percent of Texans having employment-based health insurance coverage. The Kaiser Family Foundation reports 84 percent of the uninsured have at least one family member who works either full-time or part-time in 2014.

The average annual premiums for employer-sponsored health insurance in 2015 was $5,963 for single coverage and $17,322 for family coverage. The average annual worker contribution in 2015 was $1,255 for single coverage and $4,710 for family coverage. For family coverage, the worker contribution increased 163% ($1,787 to $4,710) from 2001 to 2015. Workers in small firms (3–199 workers) have lower average contributions for family coverage than workers in larger firms ($16,625 vs. $17,938) The average single premium did not differ significantly based on firm size.

People making moderate and low wages are much less likely to have job-based health insurance coverage than those earning more. In Texas, an average of 33 percent of the uninsured population had incomes below 100 percent of the federal poverty in 2014.

The Uninsured in Texas

We voted NO on Obamacare, Barry. You need to concentrate on packing up and moving the hell out of our lives.

I voted yes, and he listened to me. So much better for the coutry to have ins like the Texans do, or lack of it:

Texas is the uninsured capital of the United States. More than 4.3 million Texans - including 623,000 children - lack health insurance. Texas' uninsurance rates, 1.75 times the national average, create significant problems in the financing and delivery of health care to all Texans. Those who lack insurance coverage typically enjoy far-worse health status than their insured counterparts.

Snip

Texas workers are less likely to have employment-based health insurance coverage than those in other states. 50 percent of all companies in the US offer health coverage for their employees. In 2014, Texas ranked 49th in the nation, with only 47 percent of Texans having employment-based health insurance coverage. The Kaiser Family Foundation reports 84 percent of the uninsured have at least one family member who works either full-time or part-time in 2014.

The average annual premiums for employer-sponsored health insurance in 2015 was $5,963 for single coverage and $17,322 for family coverage. The average annual worker contribution in 2015 was $1,255 for single coverage and $4,710 for family coverage. For family coverage, the worker contribution increased 163% ($1,787 to $4,710) from 2001 to 2015. Workers in small firms (3–199 workers) have lower average contributions for family coverage than workers in larger firms ($16,625 vs. $17,938) The average single premium did not differ significantly based on firm size.

People making moderate and low wages are much less likely to have job-based health insurance coverage than those earning more. In Texas, an average of 33 percent of the uninsured population had incomes below 100 percent of the federal poverty in 2014.

The Uninsured in Texas
You would like Obamacare being a KKK member.

Snip

The Uninsured in Texas

Well I'm 56 years old and have had insurance my entire life with preexisting conditions. I didn't lose it until Commie Care came to town, and millions of us lost our employer sponsored healthcare.

If there is a bright side, the guy that makes my french fries at McDonald's now has insurance, and so does the bus boy at Denny's. But of course, those people likely vote Democrat, that's why they have my insurance now.

Snip

The Uninsured in Texas

Well I'm 56 years old and have had insurance my entire life with preexisting conditions. I didn't lose it until Commie Care came to town, and millions of us lost our employer sponsored healthcare.

If there is a bright side, the guy that makes my french fries at McDonald's now has insurance, and so does the bus boy at Denny's. But of course, those people likely vote Democrat, that's why they have my insurance now.

Who is the Millions that lost healthcare???

Well sign up, if your employer no longer offers it you can get on the ACA. Its not your insurance, I think you need to have a talk with your employer or find another job. So now you are an uninsured guy walking around with a medical condition because you refuse to pay for healthcare got it.

Snip

The Uninsured in Texas

I thought I was a Muslim. No the Evans are the KKK members, the republicans. I'm a RC, KKK does not like RC's.

Snip

The Uninsured in Texas

I thought I was a Muslim. No the Evans are the KKK members, the republicans. I'm a RC, KKK does not like RC's.
Just ask Penelope about Jews to see her KKK roots.

Good luck with that.

Democrats are still reeling from a devastating beating and then one look at the 2018 Senate map says it all.

It favors Republicans in a big way. The GOP will be defending just eight seats, while Democrats must fight for 23 — plus another two held by independents who caucus with Democrats.

What’s worse is the fact that many of the seats they must defend are in states won by Trump.

Beating? Dems gained a Senate seat .

Snip

The Uninsured in Texas

Well sign up, if your employer no longer offers it you can get on the ACA. Its not your insurance, I think you need to have a talk with your employer or find another job. So now you are an uninsured guy walking around with a medical condition because you refuse to pay for healthcare got it.

30 million more have health care now . The GOP is going to throw them all off ?

give it a rest.......enough already**********

since Obama took office in January 2009, according to figures from Ballotpedia.

Democratic U.S. Senate seats fell from 55 to 46. Their share of the House plummeted from 256 seats to 194. Republicans still control both chambers going into the next session.

Democratic governerships also became a rarity during this eight-year period, slipping from 28 to 16.

The Obama years, which saw the rise of the Tea Party as well as a new movement form around Trump that is still being defined, coincided with a loss of 958 state legislative seats for Democrats.*****

sigh******who pays for these added Medicaid. a clue, "they" don't.
As of November 2015, there had been a net increase of 14.1 million people added to the Medicaid rolls since October 2013 (the month when ACA expansion enrollment began), plus another 950,000 people who had already been quietly transferred over to Medicaid from existing, state-funded programs prior to 2013 via other ACA provisions.

About 5 million more got health insurance thru private? how many of those lost employer sponsored?

Good luck with that.

give it a rest.......enough already**********

since Obama took office in January 2009, according to figures from Ballotpedia.

Democratic U.S. Senate seats fell from 55 to 46. Their share of the House plummeted from 256 seats to 194. Republicans still control both chambers going into the next session.

Democratic governerships also became a rarity during this eight-year period, slipping from 28 to 16.

The Obama years, which saw the rise of the Tea Party as well as a new movement form around Trump that is still being defined, coincided with a loss of 958 state legislative seats for Democrats.*****

Cmon Old Yeller, you don't think for an instant that Timmy should let real facts get in the way of his lefty narrative, now do ya!

Good luck with that.

Democrats lost 1,030 Federal and State seats under Obama.

Snip

The Uninsured in Texas

Hopeycare is so wonderful the government needs to put a gun to your head to buy it.

Snip

The Uninsured in Texas

I agree with Pres. Obama and Kerry, Thou shalt not covet they neighbors house, wife or a.. aka , Thou shalt not steal.

Pretty easy. I also have an issue that Jews made WWII all about them , when 65 million to 85 million or more died, many civilians and Americans , Germans, Poles, Russians, Arabs, French, British, Japanese, Christians, Muslims, and yes even some Jews. By the way, Jews started it by declaring war on Germany in 1933. Lets not loose site of history here.

Snip

The Uninsured in Texas

I agree with Pres. Obama and Kerry, Thou shalt not covet they neighbors house, wife or a.. aka , Thou shalt not steal.

Pretty easy. I also have an issue that Jews made WWII all about them , when 65 million to 85 million or more died, many civilians and Americans , Germans, Poles, Russians, Arabs, French, British, Japanese, Christians, Muslims, and yes even some Jews. By the way, Jews started it by declaring war on Germany in 1933. Lets not loose site of history here.

What. WHAT? Show me where the Jews declared war on Germany in 33! I want to see this!

Snip

The Uninsured in Texas

Hopeycare is so wonderful the government needs to put a gun to your head to buy it.

Of course, most people will walk around uninsured, no need to now. Most didn't want to pay for SS and Medicare when it first started but they are the two best programs around and here to stay, if the Pubs like it or not.

Forum List

Back