Obama to Ayers to Klonsky to Loughner

Barack Obama's political career was launched in Bill Ayers' living room. Nobody disputes that.

Unless they live in Chicago. Moron.

Just because stupid, fucking right wingers repeat the same lies over and over again, doesn't make them "true". Evolution is not a lie. The majority of scientists accept climate change. Right wingers lie constantly. We know these things to be true.

Don't you have an oil company to apologize to? Or a gun to clean?

My, my...look at the anger I've engendered...

that usually means that I've hit the nail on your head.

Can you see the big smile you've put on my face?

Now, wipe off that spittle...and man up with that apology.

what?
where did you see that?

The whole Ayers/Obama "friendship" thing. Conflating Ayers to the role of a present day terrorist involved in ongoing violence and then linking him to Obama is a very dangerous thing to do.

Ayers is not a friend of Obama's. Ayers was involved with the Weathermen..many years ago and has since led a productive life.

Really? Just how certain are you?

It is certainly not illegal or even dishonorable to have a ghost writer when one needs a book to promote one’s political career…
But there is often a reason when the identity of one’s ghost writer is well hidden…for example if it were a known communist and terrorist, and the pol was seeking the highest office in the land.

Jack Cahill wrote an interesting article in which he seems to identify said ghost writer.
He says:

1. Prior to 1990, when Barack Obama contracted to write Dreams From My Father, he had written very close to nothing. Then, five years later, this untested 33 year-old produced what Time Magazine has called -- with a straight face -- "the best-written memoir ever produced by an American politician."

2….there are only two real possibilities: one is that Obama experienced a near miraculous turnaround in his literary abilities; the second is that he had major editorial help, up to and including a ghostwriter. The weight of the evidence overwhelming favors the latter conclusion and strongly suggests who that ghostwriter is.

3. Tracing Obama's literary ascent is complicated by what Politico.com calls a "scant paper trail." That trail begins at Occidental College whose literary magazine published two of Obama's poems -- "Pop" and "Underground" -- in 1981. Obama calls it some "very bad poetry," and he does not sell himself short.

4. I bought Bill Ayers' 2001 memoir, Fugitive Days, for reasons unrelated to this project. As I discovered, he writes surprisingly well and very much like "Obama."

5. Then suddenly, somehow, the muse descended on Obama and transformed him from a struggling, unschooled amateur, with no paper trail beyond an unremarkable legal note and a poem about fig-stomping apes, into a literary superstar.

6. The combination of audacity and rage has produced two memoirs that follow oddly similar rules. Ayers describes his as "a memory book," one that deliberately blurs facts and changes identities and makes no claims at history. Obama says much the same. In Dreams, some characters are composites. Some appear out of precise chronology. Names have been changed.

7. "That whole first year seemed like one long lie," Obama writes of his first year in college in Los Angeles, one of at least a dozen references to lies and lying in "Dreams," a figure nearly matched in "Fugitive Days."

8. One could forgive a single missed date, but inconsistent dates and numbers appear frequently in both books and often reinforce some moment of lost innocence. In the same spirit, both books abound in detail too closely remembered and conversations too well recorded.

9. These parallels intrigue perhaps, but they prove little. To add a little science to the analysis, I identified two similar "nature" passages in Obama's and Ayers' respective memoirs, the first from Fugitive Days:

"I picture the street coming alive, awakening from the fury of winter, stirred from the chilly spring night by cold glimmers of sunlight angling through the city."

The second from Dreams:

"Night now fell in midafternoon, especially when the snowstorms rolled in, boundless prairie storms that set the sky close to the ground, the city lights reflected against the clouds."

10. The "Fugitive Days" excerpt scores a 54 on reading ease and a 12th grade reading level. The "Dreams'" excerpt scores a 54.8 on reading ease and a 12th grade reading level. Scores can range from 0 to 121, so hitting a nearly exact score matters.

Do take the trouble to read the entire article…fascinating…at
American Thinker: Who Wrote Dreams From My Father?

Based on the above, I'd say that Obama and Ayers were indeed very close.

And perhaps in another post, I'll show you in Ayer's own words how little he has changed.

Five fucking years later the editor of the Harvard Law Review, at 33, had written NOTHING?????????????

Why bother reading the rest? The first sentence was stupid enough.

You guys have got to do a better jobs with your lies. At least make them "reasonable". Otherwise, those same lies make you look like pathetic losers.

And perhaps in another post, I'll show you in Ayer's own words how little he has changed.

He's changed a great deal. He is in a respectable profession and was sought after about his views on education.

President Obama was elected despite his association with Ayers.

And to bring it up time and time again..is inciting..and inflammatory. And this is exactly the sort of thing we should be getting away from given the events of the past few days.

He's changed a great deal. He is in a respectable profession and was sought after about his views on education.

And to bring it up time and time again..is inciting..and inflammatory. And this is exactly the sort of thing we should be getting away from given the events of the past few days.

It's not inciting and inflammatory if it's true. And it is.

Ayers has expressed remorse for nothing, and even doubled down his justifications for things he gas done.

Obama was elected thanks to nobody vetting his association with Ayers.

Barack Obama's political career was launched in Bill Ayers' living room. Nobody disputes that.

Just because stupid, fucking right wingers repeat the same lies over and over again, doesn't make them "true". Evolution is not a lie. The majority of scientists accept climate change. Right wingers lie constantly. We know these things to be true.

Apology? Listen Chlamydia, you said, "a foundation where [Bill] Ayers was a founder and guiding force."

How is that the same as being one of "The three co-authors of Chicago's winning Annenberg Challenge $49.2 million grant proposal".

He wrote a paper. He wasn't even on the board of directors of that foundation. Obama was, but not Bill Ayers.

So I tell the company I work at, "You need a service department in Sacramento". So they build a service department in Sacramento. I never visit there, I never work there, but because I write a paper saying, "You need a service department in Sacramento", that means I'm the founder and guiding force"??????

The way you guys twist and turn is amazing.

strip_twister_anyone.jpg

Now that I've proven what a liar you are, time to rescue another thread from right wing lies. Ta ta!

The whole Ayers/Obama "friendship" thing. Conflating Ayers to the role of a present day terrorist involved in ongoing violence and then linking him to Obama is a very dangerous thing to do.

Ayers is not a friend of Obama's. Ayers was involved with the Weathermen..many years ago and has since led a productive life.

Really? Just how certain are you?

It is certainly not illegal or even dishonorable to have a ghost writer when one needs a book to promote one’s political career…
But there is often a reason when the identity of one’s ghost writer is well hidden…for example if it were a known communist and terrorist, and the pol was seeking the highest office in the land.

Jack Cahill wrote an interesting article in which he seems to identify said ghost writer.
He says:

1. Prior to 1990, when Barack Obama contracted to write Dreams From My Father, he had written very close to nothing. Then, five years later, this untested 33 year-old produced what Time Magazine has called -- with a straight face -- "the best-written memoir ever produced by an American politician."

2….there are only two real possibilities: one is that Obama experienced a near miraculous turnaround in his literary abilities; the second is that he had major editorial help, up to and including a ghostwriter. The weight of the evidence overwhelming favors the latter conclusion and strongly suggests who that ghostwriter is.

3. Tracing Obama's literary ascent is complicated by what Politico.com calls a "scant paper trail." That trail begins at Occidental College whose literary magazine published two of Obama's poems -- "Pop" and "Underground" -- in 1981. Obama calls it some "very bad poetry," and he does not sell himself short.

4. I bought Bill Ayers' 2001 memoir, Fugitive Days, for reasons unrelated to this project. As I discovered, he writes surprisingly well and very much like "Obama."

5. Then suddenly, somehow, the muse descended on Obama and transformed him from a struggling, unschooled amateur, with no paper trail beyond an unremarkable legal note and a poem about fig-stomping apes, into a literary superstar.

6. The combination of audacity and rage has produced two memoirs that follow oddly similar rules. Ayers describes his as "a memory book," one that deliberately blurs facts and changes identities and makes no claims at history. Obama says much the same. In Dreams, some characters are composites. Some appear out of precise chronology. Names have been changed.

7. "That whole first year seemed like one long lie," Obama writes of his first year in college in Los Angeles, one of at least a dozen references to lies and lying in "Dreams," a figure nearly matched in "Fugitive Days."

8. One could forgive a single missed date, but inconsistent dates and numbers appear frequently in both books and often reinforce some moment of lost innocence. In the same spirit, both books abound in detail too closely remembered and conversations too well recorded.

9. These parallels intrigue perhaps, but they prove little. To add a little science to the analysis, I identified two similar "nature" passages in Obama's and Ayers' respective memoirs, the first from Fugitive Days:

"I picture the street coming alive, awakening from the fury of winter, stirred from the chilly spring night by cold glimmers of sunlight angling through the city."

The second from Dreams:

"Night now fell in midafternoon, especially when the snowstorms rolled in, boundless prairie storms that set the sky close to the ground, the city lights reflected against the clouds."

10. The "Fugitive Days" excerpt scores a 54 on reading ease and a 12th grade reading level. The "Dreams'" excerpt scores a 54.8 on reading ease and a 12th grade reading level. Scores can range from 0 to 121, so hitting a nearly exact score matters.

Do take the trouble to read the entire article…fascinating…at
American Thinker: Who Wrote Dreams From My Father?

Five fucking years later the editor of the Harvard Law Review, at 33, had written NOTHING?????????????

Why bother reading the rest? The first sentence was stupid enough.

You guys have got to do a better jobs with your lies. At least make them "reasonable". Otherwise, those same lies make you look like pathetic losers.

Now, deanie...I'm saddened to see that you have calmed down...I like charging you up like that...but that is hardly the apology that you owe me.

And, I never lie. The proof? Look how enraged you were! What better validation could I ask for?

Now, just to show what a blow-hard you are in your defense of this empty suit,
1. How many of Obama's papers as "the editor of the Harvard Law Review" have you read?
None.

2. You are aware of the fact that his editorship was via affirmative action, are you not?
"Mr. Obama was elected after a meeting of the review's 80 editors that convened Sunday and lasted until early this morning, a participant said.
Until the 1970's the editors were picked on the basis of grades, and the president of the Law Review was the student with the highest academic rank. Among these were Elliot L. Richardson, the former Attorney General, and Irwin Griswold, a dean of the Harvard Law School and Solicitor General under Presidents Lyndon B. Johnson and Richard M. Nixon.
That system came under attack in the 1970's and was replaced by a program in which about half the editors are chosen for their grades and the other half are chosen by fellow students after a special writing competition. The new system, disputed when it began, was meant to help insure that minority students became editors of The Law Review.

First Black Elected to Head Harvard's Law Review - NYTimes.com

3. Cahill's article makes a point of how difficult it was to find any of Obama's written work.

Are you ready to apologize...or will you slink off with your tail between your legs?

Still waiting.

Apology? Listen Chlamydia, you said, "a foundation where [Bill] Ayers was a founder and guiding force."

How is that the same as being one of "The three co-authors of Chicago's winning Annenberg Challenge $49.2 million grant proposal".

He wrote a paper. He wasn't even on the board of directors of that foundation. Obama was, but not Bill Ayers.

So I tell the company I work at, "You need a service department in Sacramento". So they build a service department in Sacramento. I never visit there, I never work there, but because I write a paper saying, "You need a service department in Sacramento", that means I'm the founder and guiding force"??????

The way you guys twist and turn is amazing.

Now that I've proven what a liar you are, time to rescue another thread from right wing lies. Ta ta!

Are you running off and hiding...rather than issuing the apology?

Ayers wrote the proposal that garnered the millions for his left wing pals...and he picked a sock puppet named Obama to give out the money.

I state that not for deanie, who does no more than provide a foil for these posts, but as a clarification of reality for those who require it.

Sally, that "And to bring it up time and time again..." comes right after 'let's move on,' and 'it's time to put this behind us.'

You know, the kind of thing lefties say when they've been exposed as liars and frauds... or simply disreputable, as in Bill Clinton.

Sally, that "And to bring it up time and time again..." comes right after 'let's move on,' and 'it's time to put this behind us.'

You know, the kind of thing lefties say when they've been exposed as liars and frauds... or simply disreputable, as in Bill Clinton.

Well lemme see here..

Reagan committed treason when people representing him made a deal with the Iranians to keep the hostages in captivity until after the Presidential elections. Then while President he put together a secret plot to fund the contras using money from the sale of weapons to Iran. Then, he went on to fund Osama bin Laden and the merry band of "Freedom fighters" in Afghanistan. During his administration he also egged Saddam Hussien on to attack Iran using weapons, technology for chemical weapons, and materials provided and funded by the United States.

President George HW Bush interceded and sprung Cuban terrorist (oh forgive me "Freedom Fighter"), Orlando Bosch from prison after he bombed a Cuban airliner, killing over 70 people. During this time he also egged Saddam Hussien on to attack Iran using weapons, technology for chemical weapons, and materials provided and funded by the United States.

In those cases..people actually died.

So please..do go on about Ayers.

Well lemme see here..

Reagan committed treason when people representing him made a deal with the Iranians to keep the hostages in captivity until after the Presidential elections. Then while President he put together a secret plot to fund the contras using money from the sale of weapons to Iran. Then, he went on to fund Osama bin Laden and the merry band of "Freedom fighters" in Afghanistan. During his administration he also egged Saddam Hussien on to attack Iran using weapons, technology for chemical weapons, and materials provided and funded by the United States.

President George HW Bush interceded and sprung Cuban terrorist (oh forgive me "Freedom Fighter"), Orlando Bosch from prison after he bombed a Cuban airliner, killing over 70 people. During this time he also egged Saddam Hussien on to attack Iran using weapons, technology for chemical weapons, and materials provided and funded by the United States.

In those cases..people actually died.

So please..do go on about Ayers.

Sally, sometimes I find you to be a worthy opponent, and at other times a bottomless pit of abject ignorance.
Sadly, for both of us, this post represents one of the latter.

1. "Reagan committed treason when people representing him made a deal with the Iranians to keep the hostages in captivity until after the Presidential elections."
First, you reveal a total ignorance of what 'treason' is. Did you know that it is the only crime defined in the Constitution?
"...treason was specifically defined in the United States Constitution, the only crime so defined. Article III Section 3 delineates treason as follows:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court."
Treason - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. While it is the lodestone of the left, there is no proof that any such agreement was made between President Reagan and the Iranians.
"After twelve years of mixed media attention, both houses of the US Congress held separate inquiries and concluded that the allegations lacked supporting documentation."October surprise conspiracy theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. The rest of the paragraph conflates several of the left's fav bumper stickers.

4. Of the rest, some are close to true, some require extensive answers to debunk...possibly at another time...but the essence of most is that the great man, President Reagan, tried to defeat communism, and, bless his soul, he destroyed the evil empire.

5. But, try as you may, the smokescreen that you have thrown up doesn't hide the fact that you have gone from what a respectable citizen Bill Ayers is to, 'well, at least he didn't kill anyone.'

Well, first: "The 'Weathermen', a group which Bill Ayers was a member and about which he remains unrepentant to this day, murdered four people. They (Weathermen Cathy Wilkerson and Susan Saxe) were part of the gang that shot Boston policeman Walter Schroeder in the back during a bank robbery in Brighton (a section of Boston) Massachusetts in 1970. He died after attempts to save him that included giving him 77 pints of blood (source -Harvard Crimson). They also murdered Brinks guard Peter Paige, police officers Edward O'Grady and Waverly Brown in Nanuet, NY in 1981. Paige was gunned down with automatic weapons as he emerged from a bank carrying the cash. O'Grady and Brown were killed with a barrage of automatic weapon fire after they pulled over the getaway vehicle containing three Weathermen, Chris Dobbs, Samuel Brown and Judith Alice Clark." Did Bill Ayers and the "weatherman" kill anyone? - Yahoo! Answers

Second, "The New York Times wrote about Mr. Ayers and his just-published memoir, “Fugitive Days,” opening with a quotation from the author: “I don’t regret setting bombs. I feel we didn’t do enough.”

and

"...a 1970 pipe bomb in San Francisco attributed to the group killed one police officer and severely hurt another. An accidental 1970 explosion in a Greenwich Village town house basement killed three radicals; survivors later said they had been making nail bombs to detonate at a military dance at Fort Dix in New Jersey. And in 1981, in an armed robbery of a Brinks armored truck in Nanuet, N.Y., that involved Weather Underground members including Kathy Boudin and David Gilbert, two police officers and a Brinks guard were killed."
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/04/us/politics/04ayers.html?pagewanted=all

Telling, is this admission: "In his memoir, Mr. Ayers was evasive as to which bombings he had a hand in, writing that “some details cannot be told.” Ibid.

And, did you know that Ayers finds the assassin of Robert Kennedy to be a hero"
"Bill Ayres, Obama's best friend, dedicated his 1974 book to the murderer of Bobby Kennedy. I find this so disgusting that I have no words to describe my feelings. The Dems want to compare Obama to John Kennedy but somehow I don't believe JFK would approve of dining with a terrorist that thinks Siran Siran is a hero."
Is Sirhan Sirhan a hero? - Yahoo! Answers

Now, the point to which this all leads: you try so hard to clean up Ayers' image, and to blur the connections between Ayers and Obama, ...why, if he is such an upstanding citizen?

Nor did you comment on the evidence that Ayers actually wrote Obama's book, quoted in a previous post....I wonder why?

Care to conjecture on this: if the MSM had done its job, and the public had been apprised of all we have discussed here, do you still think you could make this statement "President Obama was elected despite his association with Ayers."?

I've been around this way before.

The dictionary defines treason as such:

trea·son   /ˈtrizən/ Show Spelled
[tree-zuhn] Show IPA

–noun
1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

What Reagan did was 2 and 3..so I will say it was Treason "lite" which is why he was probably just made to apologize.

And "I'm" not trying to clean up Ayers image. If he was an active terrorist..he'd be in Gitmo or something. He's now a contributing and lawful member of society..no matter how you try to slice it.

Oh..and for effect:

Reagan acknowleding his crimes:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R67CH-qhXJs[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5YOQEZtNE0&feature=related[/ame]

Never gets old.

[tree-zuhn] Show IPA

–noun
1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.

What Reagan did was 2 and 3..so I will say it was Treason "lite" which is why he was probably just made to apologize.

And "I'm" not trying to clean up Ayers image. If he was an active terrorist..he'd be in Gitmo or something. He's now a contributing and lawful member of society..no matter how you try to slice it.

Oh..and for effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R67CH-qhXJs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5YOQEZtNE0&feature=related

Never gets old.

1. President Reagan was charged with no such crime. Can't hide Obama behind the great Ronaldus Maximus.

2. You have changed your focus from the hostages to the Iran-Contra...so I guess I prevail on that one.

3. You surely did attempt to make Bill Ayers a reputable citizen...can't give you any point there, either.

4. Still no comment on the author of Obama's tome?

[tree-zuhn] Show IPA

–noun

Oh..and for effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R67CH-qhXJs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5YOQEZtNE0&feature=related

Never gets old.

1. President Reagan was charged with no such crime. Can't hide Obama behind the great Ronaldus Maximus.

2. You have changed your focus from the hostages to the Iran-Contra...so I guess I prevail on that one.

3. You surely did attempt to make Bill Ayers a reputable citizen...can't give you any point there, either.

4. Still no comment on the author of Obama's tome?

1. Would have been a major problem to do so. However..many in his administration were sent to jail and subsequently pardoned or released. In the case of Oliver North..the ACLU got him sprung.

2. Bwuh?

3. No need. He is a reputable citizen at this point. No matter what you believe that's what the law says.

4 Never read it.:lol:

Forum List

Back