Obama & The Treasury Go After "inversions"

And away we go:

Treasury unveils measures to combat tax inversions - MarketWatch

That'll teach those corporations to follow their legal mandate to maximize shareholder value.

Good thing this administration is so business-friendly.

:eusa_angel:

The president is supposed to work for all Americans. Not just the rich.

The president is supposed to do what's best for America. Not what's best for corporations or stockholders.

I will never understand why conservatives believe that it's ok for people to take what America has to offer but not pay for it.

Why don't you believe that corporations should pay their fair share? Why are stockholders more important to you than our nation?

And away we go:

That'll teach those corporations to follow their legal mandate to maximize shareholder value.

The president is supposed to do what's best for America. Not what's best for corporations or stockholders.

I will never understand why conservatives believe that it's ok for people to take what America has to offer but not pay for it.

Why don't you believe that corporations should pay their fair share? Why are stockholders more important to you than our nation?

Wow, a post stuffed with both intellectually dishonest straw men and tedious, simplistic bumper sticker slogans.

A twofer!

What the hell, I'll play along.

What I actually believe, unlike what you are pretending that I believe, is (as I have already said) that the goal of both politicians and corporations should be to achieve an equilibrium between efficient, effective taxation & regulation and enough freedom to create, innovate, hire, grow and prosper. I also believe that increasing top end marginal tax rates (on the evil rich) could be done without causing too much damage.

I would decrease corporate taxes significantly, allowing for both the repatriation of domestic capital and the attraction of brand spanking new foreign capital investment, which is currently on the sidelines waiting for someone to fucking do something. I'd guess that total would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $3 to $4 trillion, based on current estimates.

I would also add two marginal personal income tax rates above current rates, at 44.9% and 49.9%, and I would have effective tax rate minimums.

I'm tempted to explain further why I believe this is a good idea and how those changes would manifest, but based on your post, something tells me you wouldn't get it.

And the president and other law enforcement now have the tools to go after any "citizen" who actively undermines the US economy for personal gain. All they have to do is wake up and use those tools. Or corporations can quickly urge SCOTUS to reverse Citizen's United. Whichever serves their interest best I suppose.

Can't have your cake and eat it too with such an elevated level of hubris and arrogance.

And the president and other law enforcement now have the tools to go after any "citizen" who actively undermines the US economy for personal gain.
Exactly! We need to go after the unions while we still have a country left.

Funny, seems to me that the decline of unions has been matched by a decline in the country.

Maybe we need to go after corporations while we still have a country left.

And the president and other law enforcement now have the tools to go after any "citizen" who actively undermines the US economy for personal gain.

Organized labor wanting a fair wage for workers isn't what I was talking about. That's spreading the wealth out and keeping the middle class intact. It is the destruction of the middle class that is killing the economy. And that destruction is taking place by malignant cut-n-run capitalists who have the ability to shift at once great swaths of centralized wealth to the immediate and potent detriment to the economy. You gut the middle class, you gut the economy. It's a direct 1 to 1 relationship.

Corporate citizens have duties and responsibilities given their unique position to trash the economy on a board meeting's whim. Again, you're either a citizen with all the rights and responsibilities and duties, or you're not.

Which is it?

Funny, seems to me that the decline of unions has been matched by a decline in the country.

good point!!! if we revive the unions in Detroit again and pay them $67/hour all the world's car companies will flock there for the opportunity to employ them!

See why we are 100% positive liberalism is based in pure ignorance!! What other conclusion is possible?

yes if we made unions illegal again we might bring back 30 million jobs or so plus much of our manufacturing base. It is no coincidence that BWM's largest plant in the world is in South Carolina where there are no unions!

And away we go:

the irony is that inversions are good for America in that companies can then bring profits back into USA with having to pay the tax they would pay if they were American.

The best solution of course is to eliminate the corporate tax altogether since it is passed on to us in the form of higher prices, yields little money to the govt, and drives our corporations, money, and jobs off-shore!!

Simple but way way over a liberals head.

good point!!! if we revive the unions in Detroit again and pay them $67/hour all the world's car companies will flock there for the opportunity to employ them!

See why we are 100% positive liberalism is based in pure ignorance!! What other conclusion is possible?
With the average new car costing $30K, I can guarantee you the components in it only cost about $7K total. Where's the other $23K going? Maybe some of it should go to employee profit sharing? EGAD! A strong middle class with more money that likes to consume...why why!! Demand might go up. And you know what that means overall for profits...

It's like I'm talking to kindergartners.

the irony is that inversions are good for America in that companies can then bring profits back into USA with having to pay the tax they would pay if they were American.

The best solution of course is to eliminate the corporate tax altogether since it is passed on to us in the form of higher prices, yields little money to the govt, and drives our corporations, money, and jobs off-shore!!

"That can bring profits back to the US.." :lmao:

Organized labor wanting a fair wage for workers isn't what I was talking about. That's spreading the wealth out and keeping the middle class intact. It is the destruction of the middle class that is killing the economy. And that destruction is taking place by malignant cut-n-run capitalists who have the ability to shift at once great swaths of centralized wealth to the immediate and potent detriment to the economy. You gut the middle class, you gut the economy. It's a direct 1 to 1 relationship.

Corporate citizens have duties and responsibilities given their unique position to trash the economy on a board meeting's whim. Again, you're either a citizen with all the rights and responsibilities and duties, or you're not.

Which is it?
Unions working against the best interests of America by making production too expensive isn't how I define being a good citizen. The shitty economy is gutting the middle class, corporations want business to prosper, that means people that can afford their goods and services. Trickle up economics doesn't work. You are completely clueless.

And away we go:

The ONLY thing "simple" about this topic is YOUR simple mindedness.

I bet you got a secret decoder ring where all the CEO's of the nation send you private messages where they tell you; eliminate the corporate taxes and we will lower the prices on everything. Just for you.

And you are so fucking stupid you believe shit like that.

You really want to see a companies prices come down? Stop purchasing their products and services. Amazing how the prices can be decreased when the demand stops. Ever notice how that works? Fuck no.

You are way to stupid to observe reality. Second only to the iceweasel. Both of you, stupid as a box of rocks.

Maybe some of it should go to employee profit sharing?

so you want a Nazi overlord liberal in Washington deciding to put "excess profits" in profit sharing as a way to compete more effectively internationally??
No, I'm saying that part of business school for CEOs and key board members must be an exhaustive proficiency in the relationship between demand and profits. Maybe a 30 page term paper on the wisdom of Henry Ford's making sure his employees were paid enough to afford his automobiles.

And then if companies want to be seen as citizens, they need schooling on the responsibilities and duties of citizenship...including using their unique position to be able to trounce the US economy as treason. Any citizen who uses their unique position, whatever it may be, to harm the country in a significant way in a premeditated fashion for material gain is guilty of treason. It's a very simple law. And it applies to ALL citizens. Corporate or otherwise.

Either than or drop Citizen's United. You cannot have it both ways. There is equality and no supercitizen status for any of us. We either all abide by the laws of treason or those who don't are at rock bottom least no longer able to call themselves "citizens"...

Forum List

Back