Obama the only senator who didn't vote for rape victim protection bill...

Well someone explained it, also she is deflecting on her own parties stance on rape.

Koshergirl -

When Romney spoke about the 47%, was he right or wrong?

I do wish you would show a little integrity on one thread before running away to make the same mistake all over again.

what he said was wrong....but on the same note, he was talking off the cuff and by nop means meant it as it came out. He ghot caught up in the 47% number and was trying to make a general point.

If we, the voters, continue to hold our potential elected officials to the exact words they speak and not look at logic and realize that we all generalize from time to time.....we will continue to put the wrong people in elected psoitions.

Only a partisan fool wants to believe that Romney truly believes veterans and seniors and physically challanged and others simply want freebies.

This whole thing is getting rediuculous.

I don't think Romney believes Veterans and seniors just want freebies. I think he didn't realize they were part of the 47% he has contempt for.

he has contemp for:rolleyes:
but it's ok to support someone who has contemp for the rich

If Obama voted against it, I am sure there was a reason for it - other than 'he hates rape victims'.

I am sure you are correct.

But on the swame note......to think that the GOP is chock full of women haters is just as lame as thinking Obama hates rape victims.

I find it interesting how willing you and those that thanked you for your post are to ASSUME there was a good reason when Obama does something.....but Black is Black and WHite is WHite when a GOP member does something.

FALSE Jarhead. Maybe you hold those beliefs, but recently GOP Senate candidates Richard Mourdock and Todd Akin have faced outrage and derision from both Democrats and Republicans for their controversial comments about whether rape victims should have access to abortion.

Akin famously said that women who have been victims of a "legitimate rape" are physically unable to become pregnant. Mourdock, more recently, said he believes that pregnancies resulting from these horrific assaults are "something God intended."

At the heart of these comments is their belief that rape victims who become pregnant should not be able to have access to abortion. While Akin and Mourdock perhaps stumbled in explaining why they hold this view, it's a position that is actually not that uncommon in their party: At least 13 other GOP Senate nominees this cycle, as well as dozens of House candidates and incumbents, agree.

The political action committee Republican National Coalition for Life submits questionnaires to GOP candidates about their positions on choice issues and then endorses candidates who advocate a strict anti-abortion platform. Selected candidates must be "unconditionally pro-life"

Romney has endorsed Mourdock, and his campaign cut an ad on Mourdock's behalf that also began running in Indiana on Tuesday. Romney's campaign has said the former Massachusetts governor disagrees with Mourdock's comments, but has not withdrawn the endorsement or asked that the ad stop running. On Thursday morning, the GOP presidential nominee refused to answer reporters' questions on the matter.

Koshergirl -

I do wish you would show a little integrity on one thread before running away to make the same mistake all over again.

what he said was wrong....but on the same note, he was talking off the cuff and by nop means meant it as it came out. He ghot caught up in the 47% number and was trying to make a general point.

If we, the voters, continue to hold our potential elected officials to the exact words they speak and not look at logic and realize that we all generalize from time to time.....we will continue to put the wrong people in elected psoitions.

Only a partisan fool wants to believe that Romney truly believes veterans and seniors and physically challanged and others simply want freebies.

I have no problem at all with your anwer Jarhead - what I have a problem with is Kosher and Katz swearing that he was absolutely right - and then refusing to go back to the thread after Romney himself admitted otherwise.

If Romney can be man enough to own his error - his followers should be able to manage they'd sipped a little Koolaid on that one.

Koshergirl -

you notice the first thing they did was distract from Obama to Romney..

You will notice the first thing I did was provide the FACTS in post #13, not right wing lies and propaganda. How many times does trash like the Daily Caller have to lie to you, before the thought of ANY skepticism enters your mind???

Why on earth are you loons talking about Romney's 47 percent?

Deflection, sweet deflection.

Obama voted against protecting rape victims. He is not a champion of women. Nobody who supports abortion is.

Obama voted against protecting rape victims. He is not a champion of women. Nobody who supports abortion is.

You might want to see post #13.

"Eighty percent of Republicans are just Democrats that don't know what's going on"
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Here is your problem koshergrl, you are getting information from right wing propaganda sources that LIE and distort the facts.

Here are the FACTS:

In 1999, then State Senator Obama signed on as a CO-SPONSOR of Illinois Senate bill SB0943 on March 17, 1999

The bill that would allow victims of sexual abuse to "request that the State's Attorney file a petition with the trial judge to have the court records of the case sealed. And, mandated examinations of sexual abuse victims by hospitals.

Then State Senator Obama joined his Senate colleagues in unanimously passing SB943 on March 23, 1999

Meanwhile, a separate bill originating in the House, HB0854, which contained identical language about the confidentiality of sexual abuse records but did not include a separate provision of the Senate bill related to mandated examinations of sexual abuse victims by hospitals, unanimously passed the House on March 23, 1999, and then moved to the Senate for consideration.

Then State Senator Obama voted "present" on the House version of the bill.

Willful ignorance. Obama co-sponsored the bill that protects rape victims. The bill he voted "present" was a House bill that didn't go far enough to protect rape victims.

Why are you ignoring the facts koshergrl? You are either obtuse or dishonest, which one is it?

The facts are what they are. Per usual, the obamites spin to explain why they are what they are, what he REALLY meant, all the good reasons for the bad decisions.

Nobody cares. You guys are irrelevant as of Nov. 7.

Anyone notice the liberals aren't all hot to trot into thread because it has to do with RAPE and their DEAR LEADER..

very telling

He cares SOOO much about women.

"Barack Obama was the sole state senator to not vote for for a bill that would protect sexual assault victims from having the details of their cases revealed publicly. On May 11 of that year, Obama voted “present” on a bill, ultimately made law, that allows victims of sex crimes to request that their cases be sealed from public view following a criminal conviction. Illinois Senate voting records show that Obama was the only senator who did not vote in favor of the bill.

"Eighty percent of Republicans are just Democrats that don't know what's going on"
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Here is your problem koshergrl, you are getting information from right wing propaganda sources that LIE and distort the facts.

Here are the FACTS:

In 1999, then State Senator Obama signed on as a CO-SPONSOR of Illinois Senate bill SB0943 on March 17, 1999

The bill that would allow victims of sexual abuse to "request that the State's Attorney file a petition with the trial judge to have the court records of the case sealed. And, mandated examinations of sexual abuse victims by hospitals.

Then State Senator Obama joined his Senate colleagues in unanimously passing SB943 on March 23, 1999

Meanwhile, a separate bill originating in the House, HB0854, which contained identical language about the confidentiality of sexual abuse records but did not include a separate provision of the Senate bill related to mandated examinations of sexual abuse victims by hospitals, unanimously passed the House on March 23, 1999, and then moved to the Senate for consideration.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, koshergrl, your source blatantly LIED to you. They tried to feed you a bunch of SHIT. Now, are you going to continue to eat their shit koshergrl, or will you grow a fucking brain?

I think we all need to acknowledge/admit this is good work which completely soaks the "bombshell" in the OP.

Well done.

Last edited:
The facts are what they are. Per usual, the obamites spin to explain why they are what they are, what he REALLY meant, all the good reasons for the bad decisions.

Nobody cares. You guys are irrelevant as of Nov. 7.

Yes, the facts are what they are. I provided the facts complete with embedded links to the actual legislation from the State of Illinois.

Here are the FACTS:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I see your absolute unwillingness to seek the truth, and your boisterous and blusterous Avatar statement: koshergrl - Always correct. I can only recall the great Oscar Wilde...

Only the shallow know themselves.
Oscar Wilde

Koshergirl -

Do you really not think you might look smarter if you admitted that you had been lied to by the Daily Bullshitter, rather than try and pretend your thread is somehow right?

Koshergirl -

Yes, he DID sign the bill which did not most to protect rape victims.

So stop lying.

At this point there is nothing you could do or say that would make you look less of a Koolaid drinker.

Obama wanted to make sure violent rapists were protected:

"Senator Obama: You know, this is a difficult issue and so I’m not going to belabor this, but I do want to point out, this is a law that basically allows us to commit persons who’ve committed a sexually violent offense after they’ve served their time. So, let’s say they – they’ve been charged with some sexual assault – serious behavior, they’ve served their time. Afterwards, they’re – we now have a provision in the law that says, well, if we’ve determined that they are, in fact, dangerous, we can continue to commit them without due process and without the possibility of any mechanism to get them eventually released. Now, up until this point, there have been some safeguards in place that say that all the rules that apply to a criminal trial and the – the rules of criminal evidence would apply to this commitment procedure because, although it’s technically a civil procedure, the consequences are obviously very similar to incarceration. This eliminates that, in addition to the – the changes in the – in the juvenile records. I say that not because I think it’s going to change any votes, but I think it’s important to put on the record that, if fact, we are making it easier to commit these individuals and we’re now also going to be able to access records, conceivably from twenty years previously, their juvenile records, to supplement or buttress our decision to commit these person. So, I just wanted to get that read into the record."

War On Women: Obama Defended Rights For Violent Sex Offenders While In Illinois Senate, Then Voted Present On Bill To Protect Rape Victims… | Weasel Zippers

Forum List

Back