Obama Tells Black Fathers to Step Up

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Barack Obama celebrated Father's Day by calling on black fathers, who he said are "missing from too many lives and too many homes," to become active in raising their children.

"They have abandoned their responsibilities, acting like boys instead of men. And the foundations of our families are weaker because of it," the Democratic presidential candidate said Sunday at a largely black church in his hometown.

Obama tells black fathers to step up - Barack Obama News - MSNBC.com

that part i like is that they will get a tax deduction for helping their kids out....with child support....

seems you will be better off not working...not being a citizen and not being responsible under the preacher's administration.....

the truth isn't always popular. heck, you don't even care about the truth. this will not divide us. million man march to the voting lines. obama is money! why do you like mccain?

that part i like is that they will get a tax deduction for helping their kids out....with child support....

seems you will be better off not working...not being a citizen and not being responsible under the preacher's administration.....

Shit, my daughters are both in their 20s and I STILL end up supporting them.:eusa_eh:

you conservatives love to project what you are on others. you said ppl would be better off not being citizens, not working and not responsible under a preacher? something to that afect? assuming you mean under obama and the dems? ha! under gop, corporations moved their hq's of shore to avoid taxes, so not being a citizen, then you said not working. and ppl that don't work made out under bush. and you can't pretend chaney,delay,foley, vetter,rove, boehner,mcbush are really religious? well if you take the bible literally you do have blind faith so I guess.....

Except he has been making a big deal about race not mattering. Me thinks this is an attempt to woo enlightened middle class hicks to his camp by showing he is willing to "sound off" on his own people.

He is right but it is calculated. What worries me more is the "lay off my wife" remark.

Great. And people want this guy to be "our" President? Last I saw, absentee/deadbeat fathers was not a problem exclusive to blacks.

I guess white daddy's can do whatever they please.:eusa_hand:

I think its a pretty brave speech.

I'll agree with the family values conservatives on this one. Something like 2/3s of black kids don't have their fathers around, a far higher rate of incidence than in any other ethnic community. And this surely is a reason, if not the primary reason, why crime is higher, poverty is higher, education is lower, etc. in the African-American community.

What irony, say good things they hate you, say controversial things they hate you, say sensible things they hate you, the wingnuts for McSame are all so boringly alike.

I think its a pretty brave speech.

I'll agree with the family values conservatives on this one. Something like 2/3s of black kids don't have their fathers around, a far higher rate of incidence than in any other ethnic community. And this surely is a reason, if not the primary reason, why crime is higher, poverty is higher, education is lower, etc. in the African-American community.

When you are running for President of the US, not President of the Black Community within the US, then I think your concern should be with ALL, not simply your own ethnic group.

We don't need a black President. We don't need a woman President. We don't need a white President. We don't need a President that has an adjective in front of "President."

What irony, say good things they hate you, say controversial things they hate you, say sensible things they hate you, the wingnuts for McSame are all so boringly alike.

Say divisive, exclusionary things when you want to be EVERYONE's President and you get criticized.

A hard concept for you to grasp, but being against Obama does not a McCain supporter make, and crtiicism does not necessarily entail hatred.

That's just the way you like you spin your garbage.

Obama calls on Black fathers to be responsibile for their children and this is a problem why?

Because he notes that:

"We can't simply write these problems off to past injustices," Obama said Sunday. "Those injustices are real. There's a reason our families are in disrepair ... but we can't keep using that as an excuse."

Seems to me that the Republicans have been saying this for years.

But when Obama says it that makes him a bad man?

Somebody is somewhat confused, methinks, and it's surely not Obama.

what a goofy response to an otherwise necessary and responsible message. For real, Obama could cure AIDS and someone would still scream evil that he neglected cancer.

petty shit, really.

I think it's pretty funny. Didn't the left melt-down when Bill Cosby said the same thing a couple of years back?

The left? Or certain parts of it?

Also, sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Gee, can you provide us with a leftie scale-o-meter? And perhaps a how-to-speak-o-meter? ....wouldn't want to upset you sensitive liberals...

Obama is courting the moderates by using Cosby's conservative values speech.

However, Obama is SO FAR LEFT (off that scale-o-meter!) that this is solely a political ploy to appeal for votes...he has no real political interest in family values.

Forum List

Back