Obama takes the bait

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
I have to admit, I hate being right so often :frown:

Seriously though, it's truly amazing how McCain's people have made an extremely calculated political and partisan move seem non-political and bi-partisan. Like I said in the other thread - I love me some Rovian-Palinian police state tactics :D

BREAKING NEWS: Obama Accepts Bush Invitation To Meet In Washington

With extraordinary stakes on the line, President Bush has invited both presidential candidates and the leaders of the House and Senate to the White House on Thursday in hopes of securing a bill to rescue the economy.

Bush took the unusual step Wednesday night of calling Democratic Sen. Barack Obama directly to invite him to the meeting, White House press secretary Dana Perino said. An Obama spokesman said the senator would attend. The White House has also invited Republican Sen. John McCain.

Perino said the goal of the session is to make progress -- fast -- on a bipartisan solution to the biggest economic crisis in decades.

She said the call between Bush and Obama lasted several minutes and was "a good conversation."

Obama spokesman Bill Burton said the Democratic presidential contender "will continue to work in a bipartisan spirit and do whatever is necessary to come up with a final solution."

The move by Bush came just a short time before he was to address the nation about the financial crisis.

More: BREAKING NEWS: Obama Accepts Bush Invitation To Meet In Washington - News Story - WNBC | New York

After all of Ubama's bravado about multitasking, and continuing to campaign, and prepping for the debate, he ends up... GOING BACK TO WASHINGTON.

This is what McCain did to Obama politically today:

checkmate777.jpg

Of course, Bush was in on the plan too :razz:

After all of Ubama's bravado about multitasking, and continuing to campaign, and prepping for the debate, he ends up... GOING BACK TO WASHINGTON.

This is what McCain did to Obama politically today:

checkmate777.jpg

Of course, Bush was in on the plan too :razz:

Look, going back to Washington wasnt the issue with me, the issue was trying to cancel the debate.

I have to admit, I hate being right so often :frown:

Seriously though, it's truly amazing how McCain's people have made an extremely calculated political and partisan move seem non-political and bi-partisan. Like I said in the other thread - I love me some Rovian-Palinian police state tactics :D

More: BREAKING NEWS: Obama Accepts Bush Invitation To Meet In Washington - News Story - WNBC | New York

Obama has made some serious mistakes during this campaign. His statistical lead will probably be gone by next week.

The issue is maneuvering Obama, and McCain and Palin have outmaneuvered him from the get go.

They took all the fire from the DNC convention and his acceptance speech, and now they're freaking him out for the debate, and moving him all over the place.

This is better than SHark Week on Discovery!

The lead which is probably a deficit to begin with, since many observers have pointed out that the MSM's polling techniques significantly overstate support for Obama :eusa_clap:

Whatever helps you sleep at night. :eusa_whistle:

I thought the debate was Friday. How does this rule out the scheduled debate? Oh, right. McCain will be too exhausted from kissing Dubya's ass on Thursday.

Obama has made some serious mistakes during this campaign. His statistical lead will probably be gone by next week.

Again as I said to ninja:

It was only a little while ago where half the right wingers if not more on this board were digging the dirt onto Obama's campaign grave.

Now he's risen from the "grave" and keeps on fighting.

I thought the debate was Friday. How does this rule out the scheduled debate? Oh, right. McCain will be too exhausted from kissing Dubya's ass on Thursday.

Well they might have to cancel it because McCain will have his head so far up Dubya's ass it will get stuck. :D

Again as I said to ninja:

It was only a little while ago where half the right wingers if not more on this board were digging the dirt onto Obama's campaign grave.

Now he's risen from the "grave" and keeps on fighting.

I don't have a horse in this race. I'm just an observer. And this observer sees the Democratic Party making yet another serious mistake by nominating an unelectable politician.

The lead which is probably a deficit to begin with, since many observers have pointed out that the MSM's polling techniques significantly overstate support for Obama :eusa_clap:

I have noticed that for years. The Democrats usually need to have a sizeable lead in the polls in order to win.

Forum List

Back