Obama Takes Credit For Bush Surge Tonight

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
obama2008.jpg

Obama is going to attempt to take credit in a speech tonight for a plan that Bush put in place before leaving office. I'm just giving you folks a heads up on this.

To his credit Obama didn't try to stop the plan from going into effect on schedule.....or did he?

Turns out when he was a Senator Obama tried to bribe Iraqi officials into making no agreements with Bush just to steal his idea from under him.

Obama Tried To Stall GIS' Iraqi Withdrawal

Last Updated: 10:09 AM, December 30, 2008

Posted: 4:02 AM, September 15, 2008

WHILE campaigning in public for a speedy withdrawal of US troops from Iraq, Sen. Barack Obama has tried in private to persuade Iraqi leaders to delay an agreement on a draw-down of the American military presence.

According to Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari, Obama made his demand for delay a key theme of his discussions with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad in July.

"He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the US elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington," Zebari said in an interview.

Obama insisted that Congress should be involved in negotiations on the status of US troops - and that it was in the interests of both sides not to have an agreement negotiated by the Bush administration in its "state of weakness and political confusion."

"However, as an Iraqi, I prefer to have a security agreement that regulates the activities of foreign troops, rather than keeping the matter open." Zebari says.

Though Obama claims the US presence is "illegal," he suddenly remembered that Americans troops were in Iraq within the legal framework of a UN mandate. His advice was that, rather than reach an accord with the "weakened Bush administration," Iraq should seek an extension of the UN mandate.

While in Iraq, Obama also tried to persuade the US commanders, including Gen. David Petraeus, to suggest a "realistic withdrawal date." They declined.

SEN. BARACK OBAMA WANTS TROOPS OUT OF IRAQ, BUT WANTS A DELAY IN NEGOTIATIONS FOR REMOVAL - NYPOST.com

I think the only thing Obama should be congratulated for is not screwing it up too badly.

The biggest question is will Obama give Bush any credit for the Surge or the drawdown plan he put in place?

I seriously doubt it.

Last edited:
obama2008.jpg

Obama is going to attempt to take credit in a speech tonight for a plan that Bush put in place before leaving office. I'm just giving you folks a heads up on this.

To his credit Obama didn't try to stop the plan from going into effect on schedule.....or did he?

Turns out when he was a Senator Obama tried to bribe Iraqi officials into making no agreements with Bush just to steal his idea from under him.

WHILE campaigning in public for a speedy withdrawal of US troops from Iraq, Sen. Barack Obama has tried in private to persuade Iraqi leaders to delay an agreement on a draw-down of the American military presence.

According to Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari, Obama made his demand for delay a key theme of his discussions with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad in July.

"He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the US elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington," Zebari said in an interview.

Obama insisted that Congress should be involved in negotiations on the status of US troops - and that it was in the interests of both sides not to have an agreement negotiated by the Bush administration in its "state of weakness and political confusion."

"However, as an Iraqi, I prefer to have a security agreement that regulates the activities of foreign troops, rather than keeping the matter open." Zebari says.

Though Obama claims the US presence is "illegal," he suddenly remembered that Americans troops were in Iraq within the legal framework of a UN mandate. His advice was that, rather than reach an accord with the "weakened Bush administration," Iraq should seek an extension of the UN mandate.

While in Iraq, Obama also tried to persuade the US commanders, including Gen. David Petraeus, to suggest a "realistic withdrawal date." They declined.

SEN. BARACK OBAMA WANTS TROOPS OUT OF IRAQ, BUT WANTS A DELAY IN NEGOTIATIONS FOR REMOVAL - NYPOST.com

I think the only thing Obama should be congratulated for is not screwing it up too badly.

The biggest question is will Obama give Bush any credit for the Surge or the drawdown plan he put in place?

I seriously doubt it.

Are you too stupid or just too partisan to understand what happened? All the surge did was get more of our troops killed. Obama campaigned on ending this unwinnable police action in Iraq. He has done it. Mission actually accomplished for a change. Why should Bush get ANY credit? For anything?

Let the RepubliCON$ tell it...Bush did everything good and every and anything good that will or could ever happen from here until the next CON Pres gets in office can only be attributed to the policies that Bush put in place.

LOLs!! ROTFLMABAO!!!!

icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif

Are you too stupid or just too partisan to understand what happened? All the surge did was get more of our troops killed. Obama campaigned on ending this unwinnable police action in Iraq. He has done it. Mission actually accomplished for a change. Why should Bush get ANY credit? For anything?

Absolute rubbish...

Yup. Blame DA BOOOOOOSH daily and then take all the credit for an agreement that was signed by George Bush and the Iraqi Government in 2008. Gee go figure? What a scam.

you're no position to call anyone too stupid or partisan to understand what happened....even obama says you're being stupid adn partisan on this issue:

LANCASTER, Pa. — Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama said Thursday that the escalation of U.S. troops in Iraq, which he had opposed, has succeeded in reducing violence "beyond our wildest dreams."

Obama: Iraq surge exceeds expectations - Politics - Decision '08 - Barack Obama News - msnbc.com

Yup. Blame DA BOOOOOOSH daily and then take all the credit for an agreement that was signed by George Bush and the Iraqi Government in 2008. Gee go figure? What a scam.

Obama wanted to steal Bush's plan....and now he's officially gonna do it tonight.

When he announces that combat operations are over with he will have officially stole it.

By the way.......I was in Somalia. Combat Operations were declared over with and that's when the shit really started.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54payb42WT4[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH6vRUvTEHc&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

I seriously doubt it.

Bush should get credit for preempting and invading a sovereign nation, killing off thousands of innocent Iraq citizens, torturing, murdering & raping of innocent chained & detained women and children, murdering & butchering of US troops, destroying the American economy and casting us into an economic Depression.

Since he left his mess for others to clean up (another promise he broke), the spoils go to the Victor that has the gawwd given sense to put an end to the madness of the toxic right wing.

I seriously doubt it.

Bush should get credit for preempting and invading a sovereign nation, killing off thousands of innocent Iraq citizens, torturing, murdering & raping of innocent chained & detained women and children, murdering & butchering of US troops, destroying the American economy and casting us into an economic Depression.

Since he left his mess for others to clean up (another promise he broke), the spoils go to the Victor that has the gawwd given sense to put an end to the madness of the toxic right wing.

None of the shit you posted is true.

And Obama is inheriting success in Iraq.....but he'll never give Bush credit where credit is due.

obama2008.jpg

I seriously doubt it.

You may even be dumber than Joe Biden

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_igpyewuzQ]YouTube - Obama Said The Surge Would Actually Worsen Sectarian Violenc[/ame]

Liberals lost two of their Heroes to the Iraqi War: Saddam Hussein and Mooky Al Sadr.

If baby bush didn't start his pretend war of choice, we wouldn't have needed a surge. and he only gave in and did one when it became clear the repubs were going to get their butts kicked in the upcoming election.

no one is going to resurrect bush's pathetic legacy for you.

no matter how many times the bimbo on fox asks the same question.

– Declaring no victory after seven years of bloodshed, President Barack Obama on Tuesday ended the U.S. combat mission in Iraq, telling millions who were divided over the war in his country and around the world: "It is time to turn the page."

Obama ends Iraq combat effort: Time to turn page - Yahoo! News

Well, he didn't take credit for a victory, I wonder if he'll accept the blame for the idiocy of withdrawing combat troops first.......

– Declaring no victory after seven years of bloodshed, President Barack Obama on Tuesday ended the U.S. combat mission in Iraq, telling millions who were divided over the war in his country and around the world: "It is time to turn the page."

Well, he didn't take credit for a victory, I wonder if he'll accept the blame for the idiocy of withdrawing combat troops first.......

For a Democrat feeling good about yourself is better then actually accomplishing something worthwhile.(Even though victory is hateful to folks like Obama)

So of course changing the name of the mission in Iraq is a good enough victory for Obama.

So he announced the end of combat operations and yet combat operations will be ongoing....just not covered anymore in the media.

Last edited:

For a Democrat feeling good about yourself is better then actually accomplishing something worthwhile.(Even though victory is hateful to folks like Obama)

So of course changing the name of the mission in Iraq is a good enough victory for Obama.

So he announced the end of combat operations and yet combat operations will be ongoing....just not covered anymore in the media.

Basically, there will be no combat operations instigated by our support personnel who are still in Iraq without any American combat troops to support. So if they happen to be attacked....... Remember Jessica Lynch's convoy.......

Basically, there will be no combat operations instigated by our support personnel who are still in Iraq without any American combat troops to support. So if they happen to be attacked....... Remember Jessica Lynch's convoy.......

According to his ROEs the same goes for our troops in Afghanistan. They have to wait to be attacked before firing on anyone....even if they see a threat in advance.

I see no difference in the mission. It's just going by a different label now.

obama2008.jpg

I seriously doubt it.

Hey mitch, how did that turn out?

I seriously doubt it.

None of the shit you posted is true.

And Obama is inheriting success in Iraq.....but he'll never give Bush credit where credit is due.

Ahh, but it is true. I am showing you it is true, and sorry, but you lose 1 point of credibility.

Another photo shows an American soldier apparently raping a female prisoner.[10]

Other photos show sexual assaults on prisoners with objects including a truncheon, wire and a phosphorescent tube, and a female prisoner having her clothing forcibly removed to expose her breasts.[10]

Taguba has supported President Obama's decision not to release the photos, stating, “These pictures show torture, abuse, rape and every indecency.”[10]

In other alleged cases, female inmates were said to be raped by soldiers. [12].

In one reported case, senior US officials admitted rape had taken place at Abu Ghraib.[13]

Children, he said, “suffer from torture, rape, (and) starvation” and do not know why they have been arrested. He added the children have been victims of “random” arrests “not based on any legal text.” [14]

[10] Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape' - Telegraph

[12] After Abu Ghraib | World news | The Guardian

[13] Focus shifts to jail abuse of women | World news | The Guardian

[14] U.S. AND ALLIES TORTURED KIDS IN IRAQ PRISONS | War Is A Crime .org

Last edited:
It's so sick how Dems were cheer-leading for Sadr and the Insurgents, trying to cut our troops off without funding and were against the Surge, but now they want to take the victory laps.

Do they realize they lost their media monopoly?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_igpyewuzQ]YouTube - Obama Said The Surge Would Actually Worsen Sectarian Violenc[/ame]

Forum List

Back