Obama Still Campaigning During Crisis

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts

President Obama speaks to supporters during a campaign stop in Las Vegas. (Isaac Brekken / Getty Images / September 12, 2012)

By Kathleen Hennessey

September 12, 2012, 7:32 p.m.

LAS VEGAS -- Speaking at a raucous campaign rally in Las Vegas, President Obama vowed to seek justice for those responsible for killing diplomats in an attack on a U.S. consulate in Libya and issued a stern warning to enemies of the United States.

“We want to send a message to all around the world who would do us harm. No act of violence will shake the resolve of the United States of America,” Obama said to a cheering crowd estimated at 8,000 people. “I want to assure you we will bring their killers to justice.”

Obama spoke hours after his administration confirmed the death of U.S. Ambassador to Libya J. Christopher Stevens and Foreign Service officer Sean Smith. The men were two of four killed after protesters attacked and set fire to the consulate in Benghazi. The mob was reportedly angered by an anti-Islamic film promo circulated on the Internet and made in the U.S.

Obama on Libya attacks: 'We will bring their killers to justice' - latimes.com

Of course....
But they rag on Romney for making comments unbecoming a presidential candidate...
Yet the left has pretty much moved on from this tragedy...

Obama does what he does best ....speechafying.
Whipping up the crowd.

Of course....
But they rag on Romney for making comments unbecoming a presidential candidate...
Yet the left has pretty much moved on from this tragedy...

Obama does what he does best ....speechafying.
Whipping up the crowd.

Well, Obama did call the new Libyan President from Colorado where he was campaigning Wednesday.

So that's some consolation. :cool:

I'm so glad he thinks this is a serious problem.

If we could just get him to do his job...........well.........fuck it. He's more dangerous when he's working than when he's campaigning. :eusa_whistle:

Give the media a few more days this will be forgotten about.
But not Romney's comments...that will be hammered home till election day.

That's why Obama is up 7% in Ohio and 5% in Florida and Virginia-he keeps campaigning.

He's not really up.....his paid pollsters just claim he's up. He's holding a law-suit over the heads of the directors of Gallup. They're just giving him the numbers he's asking for.

He's really even with Romney and a new poll will most likely show that his numbers are crashing after the mishandling of these embassy attacks.

That's why Obama is up 7% in Ohio and 5% in Florida and Virginia-he keeps campaigning.

He's not really up.....his paid pollsters just claim he's up. He's holding a law-suit over the heads of the directors of Gallup. They're just giving him the numbers he's asking for.

He's really even with Romney and a new poll will most likely show that his numbers are crashing after the mishandling of these embassy attacks.

Wrong. Note the date and time of the story:

By MAGGIE HABERMAN | 9/13/12 6:42 PM EDT
The latest NBC/WSJ/Marist swing state surveys of Ohio, Florida and Virginia do not hold good news for Mitt Romney folowing the two weeks of party conventions.

President Obama leads Ohio, a crucial battleground, by seven points, according to the surveys. He leads by five points in the other two. And the undecideds are few.

The polls were taken from Sept. 9 through Sept. 11, during a window when national surveys have indicated a convention bump for the president. Romney's campaign has warned the media against reading too much into the post-campaign "sugar high."

NBC/WSJ poll: Obama leads in Florida, Virginia, Ohio - POLITICO.com

What's your next excuse?

That's why libtards are such shitballs...they don't care about reality, as long as their chosen messiah runs an impressive campaign. Qualified is not a word in their vocabulary. It's all about the 'entertainment value', isn't it.
Yeah, fuch obama, and the horse he fucked to get the job...

The latest NBC/WSJ/Marist swing state surveys of Ohio, Florida and Virginia do not hold good news for Mitt Romney folowing the two weeks of party conventions.

President Obama leads Ohio, a crucial battleground, by seven points, according to the surveys. He leads by five points in the other two. And the undecideds are few.

The polls were taken from Sept. 9 through Sept. 11, during a window when national surveys have indicated a convention bump for the president. Romney's campaign has warned the media against reading too much into the post-campaign "sugar high."

What's your next excuse?

Epic Fail

NBC is propping up Obama.

I wouldn't trust a thing they said. No poll they do is honest. Politico is a propaganda arm of the Obama Administration.

So nice try.

Last edited:
I defy you to find a waking moment in the last five years when he wasn't campaigning.

But that being said, I'm fairly certain that while he was campaigning, he was letting those in government service who knew what they were doing... do their jobs. Better he stay out of the way then screw something else up.

Immie

What's your next excuse?

Epic Fail

I wouldn't trust a thing they said. No poll they do is honest. Politico is a propaganda arm of the Obama Administration.

So nice try.

What about the WSJ? They are the cosponsors of the NBC/WSJ poll. Is the Wall Street Journal propping up Obama, as well?

Last edited:

That's why libtards are such shitballs...they don't care about reality, as long as their chosen messiah runs an impressive campaign. Qualified is not a word in their vocabulary. It's all about the 'entertainment value', isn't it.

That's President Obama to you asswipe. President until Jan. 2017. Hahaha.

I defy you to find a waking moment in the last five years when he wasn't campaigning.

But that being said, I'm fairly certain that while he was campaigning, he was letting those in government service who knew what they were doing... do their jobs. Better he stay out of the way then screw something else up.

Immie

I understand the realities of the office.

Problem is Obama hasn't been doing his job since he took office.

Here's an example:

Here at Ft Campbell everyone has been in a holding pattern for years. There has been a hiring freeze since shortly after he took office. Our pay has been frozen since he took the oath of office. We have no direction from Washington. That is what I've been hearing from the commanding general and the garrison commander. It's like nobody is in charge. They threw us some money last November and said this what you can spend and nothing else is forthcoming. No direction, no leadership. It's like this everywhere in the government. Mixed signals are going out everywhere and people that shouldn't be responsible and are inexperienced are working outside of their area of expertise.

To put it bluntly.....it's one big soup-sandwich.

That's President Obama to you asswipe. President until Jan. 2017. Hahaha.

When he gets voted out I hope you try something Mr. Jones. Anything. :cool:

What's your next excuse?

Epic Fail

So nice try.

What about the WSJ? They are the cosponsors of the NBC/WSJ poll. Is the Wall Street Journal propping up Obama, as well?

Doesn't matter, if Politico published it...it's crap.

Immie

Here's an example:

Here at Ft Campbell everyone has been in a holding pattern for years. There has been a hiring freeze since shortly after he took office. Our pay has been frozen since he took the oath of office. We have no direction from Washington. That is what I've been hearing from the commanding general and the garrison commander. It's like nobody is in charge. They threw us some money last November and said this what you can spend and nothing else is forthcoming. No direction, no leadership. It's like this everywhere in the government. Mixed signals are going out everywhere and people that shouldn't be responsible and are inexperienced are working outside of their area of expertise.

If the base is in a holding pattern for years, then you need to be BRAC'd. There isn't a need for a base in limbo, shut it down and shrink the government waste by firing the civilian employees.

if bush had jumped air force 1 to vegas the day after a consulate was overrun and our ambassador killed (and the other 3 sadly), the media would be crucifying him.

yet all they can think of to do to register their outrage, is ask Romney about his tone....get the fuck outta here.

Immie

Here's an example:

If the base is in a holding pattern for years, then you need to be BRAC'd. There isn't a need for a base in limbo, shut it down and shrink the government waste by firing the civilian employees.

We continue to do our jobs without guidance.

It's called being self-motivated.

We're acting responsible while the president isn't.

Epic Fail

So nice try.

Doesn't matter, if Politico published it...it's crap.

You don't believe Politico, the WSJ or NBC so who do you believe? Please give us a list of media organizations.

Forum List

Back