Obama, Stephanopoulos Spar Over Definition of 'Tax'

Yea that was pretty hilarious. I thought Hopey Changey's head was going to splode. Of course it's a Tax. Even a Liberal Media creep like Stephanopoulos understands this.

I completely understand why Obama doesn't want this called what it is. Because he promised NOT to raise taxes, "not a single dime" on the "middle class." Well hell, that promise is BROKEN with cap and trade anyway. It was broken with SCHIP. It will be broken again with the tax on the kid's sodas.

Add that to the more then 50 promises he's already broken and it's no big deal to just call this what the fuck it is, a TAX, instead of insulting the intelligence of the American people.

Does he and his team REALLY think people are going to buy this? Only his most faithful cult followers will.

How long does he think his honeymoon with Big Media is going to last, straining it like he is? Stephanopoulos is anything BUT a right-wing partisan, and he wasn't going to stand idly at the insult. Why the fuck should anyone else?
obama_supporters.jpg

You really think all but Obamaphile sycophants are gonna believe that? Stephanopoulos doesn't.

Call it anything you like at this point. Thanks in part to Joe Wilson, this legislation WILL be passed.
It's going to be passed with or without Wilson's outburst. Everyone's known that from jumpstreet.
It will not be passed. The country is almost evenly divided, as are the legislators. I dont see it passing.

You really think all but Obamaphile sycophants are gonna believe that? Stephanopoulos doesn't.

Call it anything you like at this point. Thanks in part to Joe Wilson, this legislation WILL be passed.
It's going to be passed with or without Wilson's outburst. Everyone's known that from jumpstreet.

I disagree. Prior to Wilson's outburst, things were not looking so good for Obama and his healthcare legislation. However, Obama got a noticeable bump after that night and since he said nothing that educated people didn't alredy know, onoe can only assume the bump came as a reaction to Joe Wilson and "those" types. So, thanks Joe!

It will not be passed. The country is almost evenly divided, as are the legislators. I dont see it passing.
Huh?

It WILL be passed. It's preordained. The only speed bump was, they didn't make their late July deadline to rush this thing through like they did cap and trade, because the Blue Dog Dems balked and started this whole mess.

Obama's personalized this, and his party will make sure it gets passed. They need NO GOP votes or support at all, to do this. All they need do is make it palatable for ALL of their caucus. The rest of this is just a dog and pony show.

I disagree. Prior to Wilson's outburst, things were not looking so good for Obama and his healthcare legislation. However, Obama got a noticeable bump after that night and since he said nothing that educated people didn't alredy know, onoe can only assume the bump came as a reaction to Joe Wilson and "those" types. So, thanks Joe!
It's still not looking good at all, poll wise. Otherwise Obama wouldn't have had to blitz the sunday morning shows, where he got his pants pulled down by George.

It'll be passed, we've all known that from day one.

It's still not looking good at all, poll wise. Otherwise Obama wouldn't have had to blitz the sunday morning shows, where he got his pants pulled down by George.

Funny thing about the "blitz". Would you prefer our government work in secret like Dubya and DICK, or would you prefer our POTUS be more available as Obama has been (regardless of how you feel about his policies)?

You said the magic words: forcing people.
That makes it ipso facto a tax.
Thanks for clearing that one up.

No, dumbass. It's a penalty. The system, as it currently exists is a tax as we are forced to pay for those without insurance. Get it?

Hey dipshit. It doesn't matter what you call it. If you are forcing people to pay for something and/or fining them/taxing them/penalizing them for not, then it's a tax.

Besides, what other penalty does the gov't impose on individuals?

That's stretching the definition of the word "tax" so far as to make it meaningless.

Funny thing about the "blitz". Would you prefer our government work in secret like Dubya and DICK, or would you prefer our POTUS be more available as Obama has been (regardless of how you feel about his policies)?
There's been no difference. Obama is on TV all the time, saying absolutely nothing. Just paying lip service. Making his cult followers feel good.

There's no more transparency to this administration than the previous one had, just more rock star TV appearance blather.

No, dumbass. It's a penalty. The system, as it currently exists is a tax as we are forced to pay for those without insurance. Get it?

Hey dipshit. It doesn't matter what you call it. If you are forcing people to pay for something and/or fining them/taxing them/penalizing them for not, then it's a tax.

That's stretching the definition of the word "tax" so far as to make it meaningless.

Meaningless?

I can only assume you don't pay any, otherwise it would have considerable meaning. :doubt:

Meaningless?

I can only assume you don't pay any, otherwise it would have considerable meaning. :doubt:

Using the absurd standard put forward in this thread, everything is a tax. Drink a soda and buying it constitutes a "Beverage Consumption Tax". Buying a loaf of bread is a "Nutrient Tax".

Humor aside though, really think about it. A good starting question would be this. Is a parking ticket a tax?

Last edited:
Yes. A parking ticket is a tax. The fact that one can legally avoid paying this tax by not parking illegally, is irrelevant.

One can also avoid paying income tax by not earning any income.

Forum List

Back