Obama' speech on Wednesday changed the game

The phrase "game changer" is used by pundits who want to spin a politicians empty speech. "Google" the phrase game changer and you'll see it's attributed to most of Obamas speeches by the slavish political spin doctors.

If you want to save time, you can simply Google "Chimp" and Obama will come up...

*yawn*

I knew there had to be some idiot that beleived reps hate granny and children.

and here you are. Like a puppet on a string.

I dont believe for one second that Repubs hate granny and or children.

What I do believe is that Repub policies intentionally or unintentionally do not represent the interest of those two groups and/or their ideology trumps the interest of those two groups.

Take BP For Example: The CEO doesnt hate oceans or the environment. But a corporations bottom line is to make more money. If they make more money from going into someplace with almost no environmental laws that saves them money. The waste that is produced doesnt have to be handled in the same ways they do America. Saves Money! Does BP hate the environment? No, but thier goal to make money trumps protecting the eenvironment.

See?

I'll give you apples and oranges on that instead of apples and tires.

Conservatives want to make cuts to save the country, that's everyone. We understand that most people are going to have to do things for themselves or rely on friends, family and community. As it should be. With the idea that once the debt is under control, doing these things will help everyone.

Progressives have taken over the Dems [imo]. They want to make cuts, but only to things they hate, when you focus only on that, the cuts you make will not be enough, and things only get worse and worse for everyone in America.

we have some actual fiscal conservatives in ofc, for a change, sadly, many still don't want to cut defense

The phrase "game changer" is used by pundits who want to spin a politicians empty speech. "Google" the phrase game changer and you'll see it's attributed to most of Obamas speeches by the slavish political spin doctors.

If you want to save time, you can simply Google "Chimp" and Obama will come up...

I guess that is the most intellectual statement you could come up with. That is sad.

Two words for you:

DONALD TRUMP

Think about it...:clap2:

I just googled Game Changer:

GameChanger | Keep Score, Manage Stats and Stream Live Games for Free
Sign up to follow players and teams as they score live baseball and softball games using real-time software. GameChanger is the best free mobile scorekeeping ...

GameChanger | Keep Score, Manage Stats and Stream Live Games for Free

Game Changer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Plot · Production · Reception
"Game Changer" is the nineteenth episode of the first season of Modern Family. It premiered on ABC on March 31, 2010. In the episode, it's Phil's (Ty Burrell ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_changer

Game Changer: To be unconventional is to be strategic
Innovation blog by Innovation Insurgent, Jorge Barba, on how to out-think competitors and win

Game Changer: To be unconventional is to be strategic

News: game changer
Adler: 'Shuttle would have been a game changer'Disappointment today at Chicago’s Adler Planetarium, as the museum was snubbed in its bid to host one of the retiring space shuttles. The Adler piped the NASA…Chicago Public Radio · 2 days agoPenokee Mine would be economic game changer in WisconsinSteelGuru2011 NCAA Final Four: Shelvin Mack Is Game-Changer for Butler BulldogsBleacherreport.comNew facility a 'game-changer' - Winnipeg Free Press1 day ago
There are cancer researchers who want to work in Winnipeg, but CancerCare Manitoba has no place to p... - Local - Winnipeg Free Press.

New facility a 'game-changer' - Winnipeg Free Press

Ryan’s plan for Medicare, Medicaid is game-changer in benefits ...
Apr 12, 2011 · As the House begins debate this week on the Republicans’ budget plan for the upcoming fiscal year, provisions that call for massive cuts to Medicare and ...

www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/apr/12/ryans-medicare-medicaid-plan-a-game-changer...

Game-changer: The next eligibility shoe to drop
Apr 10, 2011 · WASHINGTON – First there was Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie's famous pledge to find Barack Obama's birth certificate and make it public to shut up the so ...

Game-changer: The next eligibility shoe to drop

Kristen Bell: Russell Brand is a game changer, like Richard Pryor ...
Apr 12, 2011 · With "Arthur" opening poorly this past weekend, some in the movie industry have questioned whether Russell Brand has what it takes to be a leading man. But ...

latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2011/04/kristen-bell-russell-brand-forgetting-sarah...

:lol: Used by WND about Obama's Birth Cert and by the Times about Ryans Plan

The phrase "game changer" is used by pundits who want to spin a politicians empty speech.

:rofl:

We have an entire forum devoted to racism.

If you have nothing else, please go there and rant about obama being black.

The grown ups are talking.

The American voting public is getting a little tired of trying to pretend that the wealthy in this country are their rightful gods.

Its going to make it tuff for the right to sell their failed ideas which are actually designed to benifit primarily the wealthy.

We have an entire forum devoted to racism.

If you have nothing else, please go there and rant about obama being black.

The grown ups are talking.

It had nothing to do with him being black.
You don't recall for eight years the Left called George W. Bush "Chimp" ?
That was the same context that I implied.
Quit being so sensitive.

*yawn*

What I do believe is that Repub policies intentionally or unintentionally do not represent the interest of those two groups and/or their ideology trumps the interest of those two groups.

Take BP For Example: The CEO doesnt hate oceans or the environment. But a corporations bottom line is to make more money. If they make more money from going into someplace with almost no environmental laws that saves them money. The waste that is produced doesnt have to be handled in the same ways they do America. Saves Money! Does BP hate the environment? No, but thier goal to make money trumps protecting the eenvironment.

See?

This is the type of response from someone I disagree with that I want to see on a message board.

For the BP example, yes, costs are a concern, but the cost of a spill, as we saw is worse than the cost of most reasonable (God, I hate using that word) regulations designed to prevent it.

The issue becomes the fact that regulations have migrated away from creating guildlines for certain safety procedures, and into a huge paperwork verification game. Its almost as if covering your ass if an accident happens became more important than preventing the accident in the first place.

The same, to a conservative has happened to goverment (lets restrict the argument to the federal level). Federal Goverment has taken on tasks that is was never meant to do, or have a say in. its not that they want granny to starve or die of a heart attack, its that taking care of granny is not the fed's responsibility, it belongs to someone else, be it the states, thier families, or even charitable organizations desgined for such things.

To me, progressives have turned federal taxes (and borrowing) into a giant charity, that provides programs they want, while using the bully power of taxation to get everyone else to pay for it, regardless of if they want to pay for it.

Obama's speech is basically the definition of a progressives view of government, and who should be responsble to pay for it. In that way I found it to be a good speech, not as my approval of its content, but for what he tried to convey as his world-view.

The American voting public is getting a little tired of trying to pretend that the wealthy in this country are their rightful gods.

Its going to make it tuff for the right to sell their failed ideas which are actually designed to benifit primarily the wealthy.

The wealthy pay the majority of taxes in this country, brainiac. You should be kissing their feet for funding your food stamps, your FEMA trailer and you lowered and chopped '74 Eldorado.

So Obama presenting the same old divisive arguments to pit one American against another because of income is a game changer?

Not only do I find it difficult to believe that the same rhetoric of the past 100 years is a game changer, I don't think you or the President have the ability to change the game as long as you pit one group of people against another.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/15/opinion/15krugman.html?_r=1&src=ISMR_HP_LO_MST_FB

The super rich pay a smaller percentage of their income today, than they did 50 years ago.

How about caring less about who pays for what, and more on how to pay for what we want in general? Taxes arent supposed to fund some revenge fantasy against people more well off than you, or punish people for making money, they are supposed to fund government.

The argument should be first on what we want government to do, then on how to pay for it, and if we dont have enough $$, then figure out what we can live without. Increasing revenue in general should be the last option, not the go to option it is today.

So Obama presenting the same old divisive arguments to pit one American against another because of income is a game changer?

Not only do I find it difficult to believe that the same rhetoric of the past 100 years is a game changer, I don't think you or the President have the ability to change the game as long as you pit one group of people against another.

Not only that, it's what America believes!:eek:

The American people are finally beginning to realize that the GOP budget plan is a plan that attempts to reduce the deficit on the backs of seniors and the poor. At the same time, the GOP wants to give another round of tax cuts to the Super Rich.

Obama's speech drew the line in the sand. Seniors can decide to accept reduced coverage under the GOP plan, all the while giving the Super Rich another tax break. It is a game changer.

shut_the_fuck_up.jpg

I actually feel pity that this was the best that o could come up with. With the economy on the brink, high inflation, commodoties way up, pm's skyrocketing, produce, food prices way up, he may be landslide doomed next year and the r's don't even have a decent candidate up.

I actually feel pity that this was the best that o could come up with. With the economy on the brink, high inflation, commodoties way up, pm's skyrocketing, produce, food prices way up, he may be landslide doomed next year and the r's don't even have a decent candidate up.

The moron has NOTHING to be proud of... NOTHING! He's FUCKED UP every single thing he's touched, and anybody standing behind that POS still supporting him at this point has to be ONE STUPID SONS A BITCH.

*yawn*

See?

I'll give you apples and oranges on that instead of apples and tires.

Conservatives want to make cuts to save the country, that's everyone. We understand that most people are going to have to do things for themselves or rely on friends, family and community. As it should be. With the idea that once the debt is under control, doing these things will help everyone.

Progressives have taken over the Dems [imo]. They want to make cuts, but only to things they hate, when you focus only on that, the cuts you make will not be enough, and things only get worse and worse for everyone in America.

we have some actual fiscal conservatives in ofc, for a change, sadly, many still don't want to cut defense

You started off wrong saying "cuts to save the country". Implying that the cuts to anything a Republican wants is not for ideology, personal gain or political gain. It's cuts to save America. You know thats bullshit.

Repubs and Dems want to cut the things they dont like. Both of them! Since we are a society we should act like it, instead of pretending this is the old days on the frontier where people rarely come into contact with strangers. Just Cow-poke takin care of family, justa shoot'n and a hunt'n.

With your plan of individual everything. Nothing will get done except those that can afford to do it. That (to me) sounds like thinning the herds or people who cannot afford services :eusa_whistle: How that helps America? I dunno

Forum List

Back