OK, Can anyone explain to me

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
How the government could take more wealth from the citizens and create more jobs by doing that?
I keep reading that trickle down economics do not work and that tax cuts do not work

I have provided 2 threads that prove by the numbers otherwise and in rebuttle I get they dont, but no reason why

An I get all of these good things that occurred when Clinton was the president as though the tax rate had nothing to do with it from Reagan

I am serious. how can taking more wealth from the middle class create more jobs?

How the government could take more wealth from the citizens and create more jobs by doing that?
I keep reading that trickle down economics do not work and that tax cuts do not work

I have provided 2 threads that prove by the numbers otherwise and in rebuttle I get they dont, but no reason why

An I get all of these good things that occurred when Clinton was the president as though the tax rate had nothing to do with it from Reagan

I am serious. how can taking more wealth from the middle class create more jobs?

Easy

Something called "Trickle up" economics

The more money you put in the hands of consumers, the more money can be spent on cars, restaurants, home improvements, vacations.....

More money going into these areas mean more JOBS

Ronald Reagan would love it!

An economy needs a flow of money. If that money collects in any one place it pinches off that flow of money. Giving tax breaks on money already sitting around doing nothing will only mean more money sitting sitting doing nothing while the rest of the economy has less money to operate.

An economy needs a flow of money. If that money collects in any one place it pinches off that flow of money. Giving tax breaks on money already sitting around doing nothing will only mean more money sitting sitting doing nothing while the rest of the economy has less money to operate.

The wealth I was allowed to keep after GWB tax breaks in 2003 did not sit around
its up to about 35,000 now and I make less than 100,000, actually taxable less than 75,000

The wealth I was allowed to keep after GWB tax breaks in 2003 did not sit around
its up to about 35,000 now and I make less than 100,000, actually taxable less than 75,000

I get tax deductions for money I invest in my own company.

Small business is the backbone of our economy. Small business in created and run by the upper middle class. If there are to be tax breaks, that is where they should be.

The problem I have is with those who get a lot of money and contribute little if anything to the economy. They just suck the wealth that others create. I have no problem with taxing them to the teeth.

The government is "taking" less money in taxes than it has since the 50s. (Tax revenue as a percentage of GDP). And the economy is hurting because of it.

The government is "taking" less money in taxes than it has since the 50s. (Tax revenue as a percentage of GDP). And the economy is hurting because of it.

That's because of 20%+ under and unemployment - and anemic GDP growth which is not creating jobs.

Contrary to Madame Pelosi's claim, Unemployment Checks do not stimulate the economy.

That's because of 20%+ under and unemployment - and anemic GDP growth which is not creating jobs.

Contrary to Madame Pelosi's claim, Unemployment Checks do not stimulate the economy.

What does a stimulus do? How does it work?

Let's remember that 'the government,' at this time...and not for long, one hopes, is controlled by the Party of Dependency.

A quick calculation would reveal that approximately half of those working today are in public employment.

The First Couple have, in fact, suggested that this is of a higher calling than private employment, or entrepreneurship.

Consider how we encourage folks to go into public employment:

1. The average federal employee earned $81,258 per year in 2009. The average private-sector worker earned $50,462. When benefits are added, the private-industry worker gets $10,500, while the federal employee gets $42,000- or more! Federal workers earning double their private counterparts - USATODAY.com

a. The disparity has grown from 66% in 2000, to 101% in 2009. Federal Employees Continue to Prosper | Cato @ Liberty

b. When you compare job-to-job, which is difficult as job titles are hard to compare, total compensation for federal employees is 50% higher than private sector counterparts. Even considering skill, education, and seniority, it’s still a large disparity. USAToday, op.cit.

c. “An apples-to-apples comparison shows that the federal pay system gives many federal workers significantly more compensation than they would get in the private sector. The total premium costs taxpayers $40 billion (according to Richwine and Biggs) or $47 billion (Sherk) per year above market rates.” Federal Pay Still Inflated After Accounting for Skills | The Heritage Foundation
[see also http://universityandstate.wordpress...of-us-federal-government-civilian-employees/]

2. In addition to the lack of fairness, consider the effect on society if we incentivize government work as opposed to private work, and business creation…and the effect on innovation and productivity.

Last edited:

Easy

The more money you put in the hands of consumers, the more money can be spent on cars, restaurants, home improvements, vacations.....

And when that "more money" you put in the hands of the consumers dries up?
What do you do...give them more?
Isnt that why we have a 14 trillion dollar deficit?

Easy

you're confusing stimulus for tax cut. tax cuts dont dry up, but can only expire.

Easy

No...we have a $14 trillion deficit because we irresponsibly cut taxes without a corresponding cut in spending

Easy

No...we have a $14 trillion deficit because we irresponsibly cut taxes without a corresponding cut in spending

We sure as shit don't have a $14 trillion dollar deficit.

The national debt is $14T. The deficit is around 1.7T.

lol....I am guilty of using the wrong word...

Deficit is revenue less spending.
Debt is what is borrowed to make up the difference.

Easy

same difference....we continued to put money in the hands of people even though we didnt have the money to do it.

lol....I am guilty of using the wrong word...

Deficit is revenue less spending.
Debt is what is borrowed to make up the difference.

Yes. The debt is the sum total of all the deficits.

I wasn't trying to be a dick, I'm just obsessive-compulsive when it comes to factual accuracy.

I thought Rightwinger had it correct, the lib/dems believe that if you take money from a rich guy and give it to 10 poor guys they'll all spend it on something and so demand goes up and the economy improves and more jobs are created. There's only one small problem with that idea though - it has never worked at any time or anywhere in the world. You simply cannot tax and spend your way to prosperity.

Forum List

Back