Obama Signals Not To Extend Bush Tax Cuts. He Does This Then Palin Wins In 2012

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
Just watching the news now and the Obama White House is signaling that they intend not to extend the Bush Tax Cuts that will help small business owners all over the United States so they can stimulate the economy and hire more people. This will be devastating for people all over. It will cause massive bankruptcy in the private and business sector. If they do this then Palin literally will have the ammo to take Obama on and she will have corporate backing from business leaders everywhere that will propel her to the Oval Office. This is a arrogant move by Obama and Pelosi and it shows that they intend to let their defeat at the polls not hinder them in their move to increase taxes on the American people who oppose this move. This is a slap in the face to America and some democrats are very nervous about this move. This is bad news for America but good news for Palin as this will seal her destiny in becoming the 45th Commander-In-Chief.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Obama is really into this class warfare thing. Can’t have the rich to keep more of what they earn because its unfair.

Just watching the news now and the Obama White House is signaling that they intend not to extend the Bush Tax Cuts that will help small business owners all over the United States so they can stimulate the economy and hire more people. This will be devastating for people all over. It will cause massive bankruptcy in the private and business sector.
We heard (all) that, before.....when those tax-rates were (first) implemented.... :rolleyes:

"Clearly, this is a job-killer in the short-run. The impact on job creation is going to be devastating." — Rep. Dick Armey, (Republican, Texas)

....Yet, you keep comin'-back for MORE, USArmyRetired!!!!

smack.thumb.gif

544.gif

Im rather disappointed. It looked like Obama was ready to take sense of not letting taxes rise in this economic downturn. But it looks like he's against extending the current tax rates again now. It's disappointed.

Palin isnt running.

w0w......Im board with this.......I heard differently yesterday. For conservatives, its just another week of celebration to tack on to last week. Lets hope this is accurate..........

Obama is really into this class warfare thing. Can’t have the rich to keep more of what they earn because its unfair.

It's like the story of the frog and the scorpion. They both want to cross the river and the scorpion swears that he will not sting the frog if the frog will just give him a ride across. The frog believes him so the scorpion crawls on his back and off they go across the river.

Half way across, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog asks why he did this as he feels the venom begin to parlyze and the scorpion replies,

"I just couldn't stop myself. I'm a scorpion."

Even if it's the wrong thing to do at the wrong time and will hurt the economy and will cost him in addition to all of the other costs, the Big 0 just has to do this. It is what he is.

• Banned

It's like the story of the frog and the scorpion. They both want to cross the river and the scorpion swears that he will not sting the frog if the frog will just give him a ride across. The frog believes him so the scorpion crawls on his back and off they go across the river.

Half way across, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog asks why he did this as he feels the venom begin to parlyze and the scorpion replies,

"I just couldn't stop myself. I'm a scorpion."

Even if it's the wrong thing to do at the wrong time and will hurt the economy and will cost him in addition to all of the other costs, the Big 0 just has to do this. It is what he is.
Great analogy and it is spot on with Obama's arrogance and denial.

Maybe I'm from the alternate universe, but riddle me this...
in the 1990s the GOP whined and whined that the Clinton tax rates would ruin the US economy...they didn't....and coupled with the GOP cost-cutting of the Budget (picture the new Debt Commission Report recommendations now) led to balanced budgets and prosperity.
I can point to a successful match of tax rates and budget amounts that have actually worked.
All the whiners can point to is massive Debt and a sinking economy.

Just watching the news now and the Obama White House is signaling that they intend not to extend the Bush Tax Cuts that will help small business owners all over the United States so they can stimulate the economy and hire more people. This will be devastating for people all over. It will cause massive bankruptcy in the private and business sector. If they do this then Palin literally will have the ammo to take Obama on and she will have corporate backing from business leaders everywhere that will propel her to the Oval Office. This is a arrogant move by Obama and Pelosi and it shows that they intend to let their defeat at the polls not hinder them in their move to increase taxes on the American people who oppose this move. This is a slap in the face to America and some democrats are very nervous about this move. This is bad news for America but good news for Palin as this will seal her destiny in becoming the 45th Commander-In-Chief.

The bolded is a lie. Less than 3% of small businesses would be taxed, and they would only be taxed the additional rate on the amount above $250,000.

As for Poor Sarah, PLEASE do everything you can to get her to run! I can't wait for all the Republican candidates to bitchslap her in the primaries.

The bolded is a lie. Less than 3% of small businesses would be taxed, and they would only be taxed the additional rate on the amount above $250,000.

As for Poor Sarah, PLEASE do everything you can to get her to run! I can't wait for all the Republican candidates to bitchslap her in the primaries.

That 3% doesn't need more taxes raised on them.

Last edited:

3% versus adding $700 Billion to the deficit? Fuck that 3%.

3% versus adding $700 Billion to the deficit? Fuck that 3%.

Who says it will add $700 Billion to the deficit?

Maybe I'm from the alternate universe, but riddle me this...
in the 1990s the GOP whined and whined that the Clinton tax rates would ruin the US economy...they didn't....and coupled with the GOP cost-cutting of the Budget (picture the new Debt Commission Report recommendations now) led to balanced budgets and prosperity.
I can point to a successful match of tax rates and budget amounts that have actually worked.
All the whiners can point to is massive Debt and a sinking economy.

My theory as to why Clinton raising taxes didn't do a whole lot of harm is that at even his increased rate, they were still far lower than they were when Reagan took over in 1981 and the top rate was 70% and the economy was in the shitter. Also, in the 90s, we had a rapid surge of technology such as cellular phones and the public introduction of the Internet. That fueled a lot of the growth we saw as well until the dot com bubble burst.

The extra money (tax savings) in business owners accounts will be used to increase sales which will in turn increase tax revenues.

It's a wash.

The extra money (tax savings) in business owners accounts will be used to increase sales which will in turn increase tax revenues.

It's a wash.
Why didn't it do that during the Bush administration, instead of driving us deeply into debt?

Forum List

Back