Obama Signals Not To Extend Bush Tax Cuts. He Does This Then Palin Wins In 2012

The extra money (tax savings) in business owners accounts will be used to increase sales which will in turn increase tax revenues.

It's a wash.
Why didn't it do that during the Bush administration, instead of driving us deeply into debt?

Bush and Congress increased spending over and above the increased extra money available.

Last edited:
The extra money (tax savings) in business owners accounts will be used to increase sales which will in turn increase tax revenues.

It's a wash.
Why didn't it do that during the Bush administration, instead of driving us deeply into debt?

The tax breaks didn't drive us into debt, it was accumulated by spending more than what was taken in. Medicare Part D, two wars, pork barrel spending, etc.

The government cannot go into debt by not taking enough money from people's pockets - only from spending what they don't have to spend.

Why isn't cutting $700 billion in spending an option?
Why such catering to the rich?

Because if being richer ends up not being worth the trouble you won't have the 35% you already get.

This post is a load of crap.

People didn't stop trying to make money when the top bracket was 90%.

If you think the wealthy are going to throw up their hands and say "fuck if we give up" if the tax cuts expire you are total fucking moron.

Why such catering to the rich?

Because if being richer ends up not being worth the trouble you won't have the 35% you already get.

This post is a load of crap.

People didn't stop trying to make money when the top bracket was 90%.

Correct. They dedicated a whole bunch of resources and oriented their operations to avoid taxation entirely. It worked, too. It took Congress 6 years AFTER the tax rate was cut from 91% to get around to enacting the AMT.

If you think the wealthy are going to throw up their hands and say "fuck if we give up" if the tax cuts expire you are total fucking moron.

Plenty of the small businesspeople already have, or haven't you noticed the 9.6% unemployment? It's currently not worth the risk. Those with the means to do so are and will continue to avoid paying taxes, and that pool of people who would rather spend more resources doing that than growing their companies increases if taxes go up.

From listening to Axelrod all over the place Sunday it sounds to me like Barry wants to extend the current rates for everyone except the top earners, those wealthy folks earning $250K or more a year. But I'd be surprised if he isn't forced to cave on that with at least a limited extension or the rate for the nasty rich.

From listening to Axelrod all over the place Sunday it sounds to me like Barry wants to extend the current rates for everyone except the top earners, those wealthy folks earning $250K or more a year. But I'd be surprised if he isn't forced to cave on that with at least a limited extension or the rate for the nasty rich.

Does Caribou Barbie still get to be President if he does that? USArmyRetarded would be sadly disappointed, if she didn't. Myabe they could make THAT her next reality TV show? My two years as President of the United States!

Congress is going to extend all the cuts, probably for two years.

Congress is going to extend all the cuts, probably for two years.

IF Obama allows this to happen, he can forget any hopes he may have had for a second term. The defecit will be even more outageous then, than it is now and most Americans will be furious because the Republicans are going to do nothing in the next two years except blame everything they are not trying to do on the Democrats and Obama himself. If Obama falls for this GOP strategy, I will be dumbfounded.

Forum List

Back