Obama sends Biden to Arlington-can't interrupt his vacation

Let's not forget who Obama is...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaNBzU6iryo&feature=related]YouTube - Best of Jeremiah Wright's Sermons Pt. 2[/ame]

I wish we had a President who respected the protocol of laying the wreath at the tomb of the Unknowns and giving the annual address at Arlington, etc.

But I lsitened to Biden's speech, and he did well. Much better than I believe Obama would have done. Biden actually honored the war dead and those who have served. I think Obama would have given another policy/campaign speech.

So our war dead were honored. And that is what is important.

:cuckoo: Is this the official handbook somewhere that I missed as a rule for a POTUS? Obama respected the soldiers who served our country bravely elsewhere today, and it doesn't make him any less of a person for doing so.

I'm sick and tired of people using dead soldiers as a tool to further their political talking points.

And I'm sick and tired of Lefties misinterpreting what is said or politicizing it to suit your own talking points. So there.

I personally am glad that Biden gave the speech at Arlington because I think our war dead there were better honored than they would have been by Obama. We won't ever know whether that would be the case though will we?

And yes, there is a long standing tradition that the President of the United States, if able, lay the wreath at the tomb of the unknown on Memorial Day. Many of our nation's veterans did feel like it was a slap in the face for the sitting President to schedule a vacation and thereby bypass that ceremonial and symbolic acknowledgment by the Commander in Chief. It is a legitimate criticism of the President's priorities, especially when he was so vocal at criticizing President Bush's 'lack of priorities' in scheduling vacations. Speaking of tools to politicize things.

But I do think our veterans were most likely better served by Biden than they would have been by a President who didn't want to be there.

Grow the fuck up you moron....

Fuck you douche bag.

Your leader is the one who dishonors america's fallen soldiers, and America-consistently.

His place was in Arlington Cemetery, but the narcissitic, jet setting, party going, communist, is too busy vacationing, than honoring American troops, expecially with two wars going on.

It's a shame that a two bit chicago hustler goon can became president of the United States.

My leader? Guess what? If you're a citizen of the United States of America, like it or not, Barack Obama is both our President. If you like to renounce your citizenship, feel free to gladly say he's not your President.

Why was his place in Arlington Cemetery? Can you answer me that? Why is it Arlington Cemetery is the only place the POTUS is suppose to go? There are more dead soldiers than the ones just in Arlington. I cannot be more thankful of all soldiers living or dead who served our great country, not just ones in a specific place.

By the way, did you not see that he honored our fallen today? Get a grip.

I wish we had a President who respected the protocol of laying the wreath at the tomb of the Unknowns and giving the annual address at Arlington, etc.

But I lsitened to Biden's speech, and he did well. Much better than I believe Obama would have done. Biden actually honored the war dead and those who have served. I think Obama would have given another policy/campaign speech.

:cuckoo: Is this the official handbook somewhere that I missed as a rule for a POTUS? Obama respected the soldiers who served our country bravely elsewhere today, and it doesn't make him any less of a person for doing so.

I'm sick and tired of people using dead soldiers as a tool to further their political talking points.

And I'm sick and tired of Lefties misinterpreting what is said or politicizing it to suit your own talking points. So there.

I personally am glad that Biden gave the speech at Arlington because I think our war dead there were better honored than they would have been by Obama. We won't ever know whether that would be the case though will we?

And yes, there is a long standing tradition that the President of the United States, if able, lay the wreath at the tomb of the unknown on Memorial Day. Many of our nation's veterans did feel like it was a slap in the face for the sitting President to schedule a vacation and thereby bypass that ceremonial and symbolic acknowledgment by the Commander in Chief. It is a legitimate criticism of the President's priorities, especially when he was so vocal at criticizing President Bush's 'lack of priorities' in scheduling vacations. Speaking of tools to politicize things.

But I do think our veterans were most likely better served by Biden than they would have been by a President who didn't want to be there.

Excellent point. Obviously, it wasn't enough for Obama to be there.

What respect is he showing being where he really didn't want to be?

I revise my position.

I am glad he wasn't there to soil Arlington Cemetary and the memory of the fallen there.

My own talking points? Get a damn grip. You act as if anyone left of you is a enemy. Liberals have proudly served their damn country too.

Let me make this message clear for you politically obsessed folk, on both sides of the aisle:

Stop. Using. Our. Troops. As. Political. Tools.

Maybe making it bigger for the older crowd so they can read it will help.

Not even for one day does the hate machine take a break.

Furthermore:

Partisan hacks can't even read a damn article.

Obama cancels speech under storm clouds - UPI.com

The president later canceled his speech and instead spent time with fallen service members' families gathered in buses.

The decision to honor the holiday near Chicago instead of Arlington upset several veterans groups who said it was disrespectful for the commander in chief who deployed troops into an escalating war in Afghanistan, the Tribune said. But Fox News reported earlier only one modern president, Bill Clinton, had attended the Arlington ceremony every year of his presidency.

President Ronald Reagan attended four of them in his eight years; President George H.W. Bush, instead of going, sent Vice President Dan Quayle to every one; President George W. Bush missed only one because he was in Normandy, France, visiting the American cemetery in 2002, Fox reported.

Furthermore:

Partisan hacks can't even read a damn article.

Obama cancels speech under storm clouds - UPI.com

The president later canceled his speech and instead spent time with fallen service members' families gathered in buses.

The decision to honor the holiday near Chicago instead of Arlington upset several veterans groups who said it was disrespectful for the commander in chief who deployed troops into an escalating war in Afghanistan, the Tribune said. But Fox News reported earlier only one modern president, Bill Clinton, had attended the Arlington ceremony every year of his presidency.

President Ronald Reagan attended four of them in his eight years; President George H.W. Bush, instead of going, sent Vice President Dan Quayle to every one; President George W. Bush missed only one because he was in Normandy, France, visiting the American cemetery in 2002, Fox reported.

You're still missing the point. I've READ all the 'damn articles' okay? And if you don't want to be accused of engaging in leftist talking points then don't sling the mud yourself.

Between President Clinton and President Bush we have pretty much an unbroken 16-year compliance with the tradition. So with the nation still tangled in two wars, many veterans thought Obama should honor the tradition too rather than choose that weekend, as he said, to start keeping his broken promise to return to Chicago every six weeks or so. (He has been back once for an overnight stay since he was elected President so it wasn't as if there was any particular urgency or anything.) And it looked to some veterans that he would prefer to do it, almost as an afterthought, in front of a handpicked cheering crowd of supporters than the more public and less political Arlington National Cemetary.

I personally don't care where the President honors our fallen warriors though I believe it is appropriate for the Commander-in-Chief to do so.

My point was that Biden did a far better job of doing that than I believe President Obama would have done. I wish Obama had been able to give his speech today. Then we would know wouldn't we.

Last edited:
You're still missing the point. I've READ all the 'damn articles' okay? And if you don't want to be accused of engaging in leftist talking points then don't sling the mud yourself.

Between President Clinton and President Bush we have pretty much an unbroken 16-year compliance with the tradition. So with the nation still tangled in two wars, many veterans thought Obama should honor the tradition too rather than choose that weekend, as he said, to start keeping his broken promise to return to Chicago every six weeks or so. (He has been back once for an overnight stay since he was elected President so it wasn't as if there was any particular urgency or anything.) And it looked to some veterans that he would prefer to do it, almost as an afterthought, in front of a handpicked cheering crowd of supporters than the more public and less political Arlington National Cemetary.

I personally don't care where the President honors our fallen warriors though I believe it is appropriate for the Commander-in-Chief to do so.

My point was that Biden did a far better job of doing that than I believe President Obama would have done. I wish Obama had been able to give his speech today. Then we would know wouldn't we.

What are you talking about? You slinged the mud first there Fox. Like I said before, I don't care what side of the political spectrum people are, I want them to stop using our troops as political props to further their own agendas.

Biden did a great job I thought, and Obama honored troops in Chicago. What matters to me at the end of the day is that he honored our fallen soldiers and even met with families.

Hey what's more important than the douche bag's vacation?

Keep it up asshole. You should be ashamed of yourself for using our dead soldiers as a political prop.

Fuck you douche bag.

Your leader is the one who dishonors america's fallen soldiers, and America-consistently.

His place was in Arlington Cemetery, but the narcissitic, jet setting, party going, communist, is too busy vacationing, than honoring American troops, expecially with two wars going on.

It's a shame that a two bit chicago hustler goon can became president of the United States.

Hey **** Mike, got a quick question for you sportcheck...........did YOU ever serve?

Me? 20 years and 4 war zones in the US Navy.

Personal opinion? Obama went to the Lincoln cemetery because of what it represented to his presidency. Lincoln freed the black men, and Obama as our nation's first black president, wanted to underline that point.

Did the President honor the fallen? Yep. Did a good job too, because even though there was a thunderstorm, he was STILL there.

Only pussified assholes such as yourself take umbrage to this ceremony. Why? Probably because you were too much of a coward to actually enlist, and therefore don't really have a clue as to what is going on.

And the reason for that is simple..........you're an extreme right wing asshole with an axe to grind because you're pissed that the good old white boys are no longer in power.

Personally? I'm glad we've finally got someone in the White House that acts like a dignified man. Much better than that reformed drunken frat boy we've had for the first part of this century.

The Conservative Media: Reagan to skip Memorial Day ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery

So Reagon and both the Bush's skipped Arlington on occasion. Or is that okay because they are Repubiicans?

One year, GHW Bush skipped it, sent Quayle and instead played a round of golf at Kennybunkport.

But that's ok, the Democrats had the class to understand he needed a break once in awhile. :eusa_whistle:

Reagan and George H.W. Bush both had representatives lay wreaths on Memorial Day | Media Matters for America

Obama sends Biden to Arlington-can't interrupt his vacation

Ya Well....I suppose if we dug up all the soldiers in Arlington and shipped em to Chcago to meet up with Obama...you would have criticised that too!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Believe me when I say I am no fan of Biden, but hats off to a descent speech in honor of our fallen vets.

Today, they are who we should be thinking of.

What are you talking about? You slinged the mud first there Fox. Like I said before, I don't care what side of the political spectrum people are, I want them to stop using our troops as political props to further their own agendas.

Biden did a great job I thought, and Obama honored troops in Chicago. What matters to me at the end of the day is that he honored our fallen soldiers and even met with families.

Did you or did you not post this?:
Is this the official handbook somewhere that I missed as a rule for a POTUS? Obama respected the soldiers who served our country bravely elsewhere today, and it doesn't make him any less of a person for doing so.

I was responding to that sweetie. Pure and simple.

And if you think it is slinging mud to believe that Joe Biden was at least honest and sincere in his remarks regarding our fallen warriors, moreso than Obama and his not all that veiled disdain for the military would have been, then so be it. I don't see that as mud slinging. That is expressing the impression that the President himself has put out there by some of his words and by some of the appointees he has made in his administration.

Just heard on the news that in addition to the thunderstorm, Obama had a flat tire, and an overturned truck was blocking his motorcade.

How much you guys wanna bet either Limp Idiot or Beck is gonna say that was God telling Obama that he should have gone to Arlington?

And someone like Obama, who hates what America stands for, shouldn't have been there anyway.

I was responding to that sweetie. Pure and simple.

And if you think it is slinging mud to believe that Joe Biden was at least honest and sincere in his remarks regarding our fallen warriors, moreso than Obama and his not all that veiled disdain for the military would have been, then so be it. I don't see that as mud slinging. That is expressing the impression that the President himself has put out there by some of his words and by some of the appointees he has made in his administration.

General statement. If I was going to say it to you, you know I have no qualms about saying your name specifically. :lol:

:clap2:

Forum List

Back