Obama selling out our own college graduates?

Look at the employment figures prior to the Great Recession.

We had full employment.

We also had the same number of immigrants we have today, if not more.

This tells you more than that immigrants are not stealing our jobs.

It also tells you there is a demand for immigrant labor that is not being met by existing quotas. The legal supply is not meeting the demand. Simple market fundamentals.

ZERO federal aid for my kid's college.

Guess one has to be a welfare case fuck up to qualify.

Oh well - pay my taxes - pay tuition for these fucking welfare cases.

Food stamps not enough I guess. Gotta pay for their kids as well.

Pathetic

you must be a blast to live around.

On this I'll agree with you:

[/COLOR]

What do you think about those plans?
I'd say they're an admission that liberal-controlled education is an utter failure.

So you support the plan to hire more foreigners?
Nope. I'm for getting American education back to basics. Johnny can't read, but it's okay, because he feels good about his illiteracy. :cool:

Getting medals for participation is no way to compete in life.

We had full employment.

It also tells you there is a demand for immigrant labor that is not being met by existing quotas. The legal supply is not meeting the demand. Simple market fundamentals.

Tell me, how is bringing in millions of poor third worlders that will not integrate into our society good for our economy? A large percentage of these people just go onto the government dole.

I'll admit that some of them from Asia and India do go to our colleges to become something, but why steal away another nation's greatness? We must start putting more into our children. :eusa_boohoo:

Last edited:
American kids cannot compete and it is not Obama's fault for that. We have to deal with people who feel cutting education is a great idea, and people who feel that teching things like creationism as science are ways to help our students compete. This is all great if we still had a bubble of middle management ho really did not need a higher education, but that time is over. When you need a well educated person who knows their field all but a couple of american colleges fail.

Now there is a problem with immigration, but it certainly is not coming from mexicans taking the higher paying jobs. It is europeans, asians, and the middle east who are allowed immigration to the US who are taking a lot of the high paying jobs. Do you know that mny people who were getting an absolutely free education over in england planned on going to the US to make their money because they could easily get above americans with college, and in their own country they cannot compete?

The biggest problem in the US is that teachers have no accountability, especially if tenured. One area i do agree with certain republicans is that teachers should be easily terminated for failure. neither party wants to address the fact that there should eb a national standard for education that should only be going up, and never be lowered because the students fail. Right now when a bunch of students fail they assume the test is to hard and lower the standards to meet with no child left behind. I know it is hard luck, but the kids should be left behind and the teachers replaced when large numbers of students cannot pass standardized tests. Neither party is asking for such things.

One also has to realize that as more kids get a bachelors degree it means so much less. Wholesale selling of low end college degrees makes them worthless. An associates degree is what high school diplomas should be. Bachelors are where the associates should be, and a masters is where you first get set ahead of others.

In the end it is far more likely Obama will do something than the guy who simply wants to rid the US of any educational standards. If one can explain to me how getting rid of teaching positions is going to help improve education i would love to hear it. If we want to get rid of some positions I would say lets get rid of a shitton of administration, and cut the useless high school psych people and a lot of guidance counselors. We certainly do not need a moron making over 250k for each school district whos biggest most important job is calling snowdays. We do not need expensive school shrinks making over 100k to tell parents their kid needs a real shrink. No matter what a guidance counselor is pad we certainly do not need them to tell kids how to fill out a college application and shoot low.

All right, I know I'll regret asking, but exactly WHAT do YOU think Obama will do to improve education and make any of the things you mentioned in you post happen?

We had full employment.

Should be easier to have full employment today with 10,000 seniors retiring every day.

Problem isn't employment. It's WHO is choosing to enroll in the Science, Tech, Engineering and Math (STEM) areas. Our grad schools are FILLED with foreigners and not very many American kids. America cannot BORROW kids from the rest of the world and EXPECT that our standard of living is going to maintain..

THe economy is led by innovation and science. Our kids all want to be MBAs and sportscasters. THey don't have the "sputnik moment" or the emphasis on the hard sciences that we used to. And obviously, the education system is concentrated on mediocre outcomes which don't PRODUCE STEM material

Granting de facto citizenship to any foreign students who grab a US diploma is a move that we will regret. When your grandkids are here on USMB wondering where all the jobs went.
What we NEED is a busload of inner city minority American kids with STEM degrees coming to Silicon Valley and Austin every week. Not more H1B fill-ins..

I'd say they're an admission that liberal-controlled education is an utter failure.

Nope. I'm for getting American education back to basics. Johnny can't read, but it's okay, because he feels good about his illiteracy. :cool:

It's Romney's plan....too fucking hilarious.

We had full employment.

Should be easier to have full employment today with 10,000 seniors retiring every day.

Problem isn't employment. It's WHO is choosing to enroll in the Science, Tech, Engineering and Math (STEM) areas. Our grad schools are FILLED with foreigners and not very many American kids. America cannot BORROW kids from the rest of the world and EXPECT that our standard of living is going to maintain..

THe economy is led by innovation and science. Our kids all want to be MBAs and sportscasters. THey don't have the "sputnik moment" or the emphasis on the hard sciences that we used to. And obviously, the education system is concentrated on mediocre outcomes which don't PRODUCE STEM material

Granting de facto citizenship to any foreign students who grab a US diploma is a move that we will regret. When your grandkids are here on USMB wondering where all the jobs went.
What we NEED is a busload of inner city minority American kids with STEM degrees coming to Silicon Valley and Austin every week. Not more H1B fill-ins..

Sort of makes you wonder what Romney and his supporters are thinking...does it not?

Is this where you expect me to say, "Oh, well, if it's Romney's plan, it's great!!"

Not gonna happen. You see, I'm not a mindless follower.

The plan is stupid. Overhaul education, and we won't need to hire foreigners.

Is this where you expect me to say, "Oh, well, if it's Romney's plan, it's great!!"

Well according to Grumps, he was a "shitty choice"....makes us wonder why you guys made it. Good call.

Well according to Grumps, he was a "shitty choice"....makes us wonder why you guys made it. Good call.
Given the amount of money Obama's spending on attack ads, it's obvious he's worried.

We had full employment.

Sort of makes you wonder what Romney and his supporters are thinking...does it not?

You still pretending there's a diff between the 2 on this issue? If anything, Obama wants to grants BLANKET visas to a LOT more foreign graduates without even getting A REQUEST from potential employers. So I wouldn't be bragging as much about that tar-baby trap you laid for unsuspecting Cons..

Given the amount of money Obama's spending on attack ads, it's obvious he's worried.

Yeah...you guys could have afforded a better candidate.

You still pretending there's a diff between the 2 on this issue? If anything, Obama wants to grants BLANKET visas to a LOT more foreign graduates without even getting A REQUEST from potential employers. So I wouldn't be bragging as much about that tar-baby trap you laid for unsuspecting Cons..

I"m not exactly bragging am I?

Its just hilarious how little conservatives know about the man they are supporting. So much so Grumps started a thread protesting the very thing that his candidate embraces.

Its just hilarious how little conservatives know about the man they are supporting. So much so Grumps started a thread protesting the very thing that his candidate embraces.

Because Romney is pro amnesty via executive order and shutting down border patrol stations just prior to an election right?

You're a terrible troll.

Because Romney is pro amnesty via executive order and shutting down border patrol stations just prior to an election right?

You're a terrible troll.

Not sure what you're talking about there...I don't know where the Governor is in Amnesty and Border Patrol issues. Enlighten me.

I do know that your OP was complaining about something Romney endorses.

So it goes...

again, the policy of bringing in foreign technical workers has gone on a lot longer than Obama's been there.

to get an H1B visa, the company has to certify that they can't find a qualified American. And to do this, there are a bunch of tricks they use to make sure they can call the Americans "not qualified".

Again, this is in the corporate interest. If you got a guy who is only in this country by the graces of a work visa, that's almost better than owning him.

Forum List

Back