Obama Security Agent Suspected of Contracting Swine Flu

Man May Have Passed Virus to Family Members in Anne Arundel County

By Scott Wilson, Debbi Wilgoren and Ashley Halsey III
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, April 30, 2009; 2:12 PM

A member of the security advance team for President Obama's recent trip to Mexico is suspected of having contracted the swine flu and transmitted it to his family in Anne Arundel County, the White House said today

The man is on the staff of Energy Secretary Steven Chu, who traveled with Obama to Mexico on April 16. He appears to have transmitted the virus to his wife, son and nephew, press secretary Robert Gibbs said.
Gibbs said the president has not been affected by the virus and said White House doctors say he does not need to be tested.
Maryland health officials announced test results yesterday showing that an Anne Arundel County woman and two children were among six "probable" victims of the flu whose preliminary test results have been sent to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to be confirmed. Gibbs said the administration employee himself did not test positive for the virus, likely because he had already recovered completely by the time he underwent the tests. He has returned to work, Gibbs said.

washingtonpost.com

[FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA][SIZE=+7]
siren.gif

WHITE HOUSE ISSUES HEALTH ADVISORY FOR OBAMA'S MEXICO TRIP [/SIZE] [/FONT]

It's been more than 48 hours, if you haven't got it within about 48 hours after exposure, you should be good.

Egypt--is KILLING PIGS! Hey people the Swine flu is not the pigs problem: Hello! Pigs get flu--birds get flu--humans get flu--& now it's all combined to create the "Swine flu".

And guess what--It's something HUMAN'S get each & every single year. It's called the FLU! 33,000 people in the U.S. die each & every year from the FLU! Hello!

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD-- Mexico City--still the largest city in the entire WORLD--with an estimated 25 million--145 people of died of this flu. When living in Mexico City is like smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day--their respiratory systems are already compromised from the get -- go! That's why they're dying & people in other countries survive this. IT'S CALLED THE FLU!

Last edited:
It is totally out of the question that the cloth shoes, eat grass, dope smoking, let wild animals overrun the earth crowd might want there to be no Smithfield. Right?

I think that there is a range here. I grew up on a small farm in the midwest. There is an immense ecological difference between a small hog farmer and a huge factory farm like the one in the photo.

I eat meat. I wear leather. I don't smoke dope (anymore). And, I support America's farmers. However, large corporate factory farms pose a tremendous risk to human health and wellbeing, and take a tremendous toll on our environment. I don't think that you can characterize anyone who suggests that factory farming is not good for our country as a dirty, smelly, dope-smoking hippy.

Point taken. Previous posts, some not as rational as yours, led me to gaod the issue. No offense intended.

Y'all need to quit whining. I'm getting tired of thsi overreactive bullshit. I can''t get a box of rounds to go shoot tagets because of all the panic. The good old everyday flu kills thousands of people every year.

Then there was a the bird flu that never came about.

The media is playing this for the sales and the government is playing it deflect from its own stupid crap.

Just what does it take to get you sheep to realize you're just being played?

Y'all need to quit whining. I'm getting tired of thsi overreactive bullshit. I can''t get a box of rounds to go shoot tagets because of all the panic. The good old everyday flu kills thousands of people every year.

The media is playing this for the sales and the government is playing it deflect from its own stupid crap.

If they did realize it the media industry would need a bail out.

Screw them. I tool four years of journalism and had a scholarship in journalism offered to me. The very bullshit they pull is the very reason I decided I'd rather kill babies and burn huts.

They don't report the truth. I find it rather funny the very people that play game sof semantics on this board are the ones that believe whatever the media tells them.

You get an agenda, period. The reporter is told what the boss will buy and what he won't and the reporter always reports with that agenda in mind. And it doesn't take many words to report the truth but lead the reader to a predetermned conclusion.

And that was before saturation media that keep blasting the same lie until people believe it.

Screw them. I tool four years of journalism and had a scholarship in journalism offered to me. The very bullshit they pull is the very reason I decided I'd rather kill babies and burn huts.

They don't report the truth. I find it rather funny the very people that play game sof semantics on this board are the ones that believe whatever the media tells them.

You get an agenda, period. The reporter is told what the boss will buy and what he won't and the reporter always reports with that agenda in mind. And it doesn't take many words to report the truth but lead the reader to a predetermned conclusion.

And that was before saturation media that keep blasting the same lie until people believe it.

Meh ... you know I hate "news' media these days. I think the last story completely based on fact that I saw from them was about 20 years ago ...

What's amazing is that people still think they report facts ... :lol:

Meh ... you know I hate "news' media these days. I think the last story completely based on fact that I saw from them was about 20 years ago ...

When the media is allowed to choose the party candidates and the winner, something's VERY wrong.

When the media is allowed to choose the party candidates and the winner, something's VERY wrong.

So very true.

When the media is allowed to choose BOTH party candidates and the winner, something's VERY wrong.
fixed

Egypt--is KILLING PIGS! Hey people the Swine flu is not the pigs problem: Hello! Pigs get flu--birds get flu--humans get flu--& now it's all combined to create the "Swine flu".

And guess what--It's something HUMAN'S get each & every single year. It's called the FLU! 33,000 people in the U.S. die each & every year from the FLU! Hello!

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD-- Mexico City--still the largest city in the entire WORLD--with an estimated 25 million--145 people of died of this flu. When living in Mexico City is like smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day--their respiratory systems are already compromised from the get -- go! That's why they're dying & people in other countries survive this. IT'S CALLED THE FLU!

Why does Egypt have pigs? I thought they were muslims.

Forum List

Back