Obama Security Agent Suspected of Contracting Swine Flu

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Smithfield's entrance into new markets has often sparked consternation by local health and environmental activists, partly because of its size and partly out of concern that Smithfield might introduce farming practices that could be detrimental to the local environment. For example, the practice of disposing hog waste in large lagoons, which is common practice among larger hog operations, has been linked to water pollution and is coming under increasing pressure in the U.S. and abroad.
Mexican Officials Hope Early Swine Flu Case Can Yield Clues - WSJ.com

pig lagoons: fancy name for pools of pig shit and piss...the pig farmers in the eastern part of nc use them....smells...worse than the chicken piles and barns...floods...hey and what happens on the east coast...fucking hurricanes....way to think there..flatlanders

pig-farm-lagoon1.jpg

I look at that and wonder how much that farm pays in electical bills every year. What a waste. Handled correctly, that is a source of power and high grade fertilizer.

They satuarate their fields in it and are limited by law to prevent run off. The lagoons are controlled by law but every good Hurricane breaks some or floods them out.

And NO ONE wants to drive a shit truck.

Smithfield's entrance into new markets has often sparked consternation by local health and environmental activists, partly because of its size and partly out of concern that Smithfield might introduce farming practices that could be detrimental to the local environment. For example, the practice of disposing hog waste in large lagoons, which is common practice among larger hog operations, has been linked to water pollution and is coming under increasing pressure in the U.S. and abroad.

Ah...Smithfield, eh?

I was informed it was Harmon Ham.

Perhaps I was misinformed. It happens.

My apologies to those who read my incorrect information on another thread.

I look at that and wonder how much that farm pays in electical bills every year. What a waste. Handled correctly, that is a source of power and high grade fertilizer.

Jesus, you are ignorant

That is the MAIN purpose for such things... I used to go by a pig farm every day in a town called Smithburg MD... and yes, it would REEK!!! Especially every spring when they would gather up all that crap and the nearby crop fields would be sprayed with it

It is totally out of the question that the cloth shoes, eat grass, dope smoking, let wild animals overrun the earth crowd might want there to be no Smithfield. Right?

Did the government find the swine flu within the smithfield pigs?

It is totally out of the question that the cloth shoes, eat grass, dope smoking, let wild animals overrun the earth crowd might want there to be no Smithfield. Right?

I think that there is a range here. I grew up on a small farm in the midwest. There is an immense ecological difference between a small hog farmer and a huge factory farm like the one in the photo.

I eat meat. I wear leather. I don't smoke dope (anymore). And, I support America's farmers. However, large corporate factory farms pose a tremendous risk to human health and wellbeing, and take a tremendous toll on our environment. I don't think that you can characterize anyone who suggests that factory farming is not good for our country as a dirty, smelly, dope-smoking hippy.

Forum List

Back