Obama says McCain shifting position on war

Of Course McCain is shifting, The Surge worked, and now we can get out.

Hardly the same as saying "30k troops will not help, in fact it will increase violence", and then saying "I always said the surge would reduce violence" Now is it. :clap2:

Or how about going from "Iran is a tiny Nation that poses not threat to us" to "Iran is a grave threat"

Or How about going from "FISA is illegal and unconstitutional" to VOTING FOR IT.

I would think Obama would not want to play the "changing positions" card anymore. After all he is the new KING of doing just that.

Of Course McCain is shifting, The Surge worked, and now we can get out.

Hardly the same as saying "30k troops will not help, in fact it will increase violence", and then saying "I always said the surge would reduce violence" Now is it. :clap2:

Or how about going from "Iran is a tiny Nation that poses not threat to us" to "Iran is a grave threat"

Or How about going from "FISA is illegal and unconstitutional" to VOTING FOR IT.

I would think Obama would not want to play the "changing positions" card anymore. After all he is the new KING of doing just that.

The surge worked? No doubt the surge helped, but finding a political solution is what worked. Once the Iraqis themselves turned against AQ, that is what worked.

The surge worked? No doubt the surge helped, but finding a political solution is what worked. Once the Iraqis themselves turned against AQ, that is what worked.

The surge created the environment for that political solution Kirk, who do you want to credit for it, The people who were for the Surge or the ones who was against it? Oh never mind I already know your answer.

Now lets get out of there, and go win in Afghanistan!!

Last edited:
The surge created the environment for that political solution Kirk, who do you want to credit for it, The people who were for the Surge or the ones who was against it? Oh never mind I already know your answer.

Is the surge a success? Or is al-Sadr's change in tactics a success? IMO, the fundamentalist militias are just now doing what I suggested they should have done from the beginning. They're laying low while public sentiment builds against us and the cries for us to leave get louder.

We can leave, and they will resume fighting over their sandbox without our interference. If history is an indicator, we will not redeploy to resume an unpopular war. We left S.Vietnam hanging in the breeze.

Or we can stay, and when public sentiment turns completely against us, the fundamental militias will be hailed as national heroes for resuming their war against us.

Somebody got smart and it damned sure wasn't us.

Just a thought ....

Forum List

Back