Obama says carrying a gun "undermines justice"

As already correctly noted, the president is referring to the illegal carrying of guns, not concealed carry or open carry in jurisdictions where authorized.

That's not what The Big O said. He said carrying a gun undermines justice. Get your facts straight.

that is exactly what he said

what is funny the same people bitching about the cops in Ferguson having a monopoly of force

defend the anti gun agenda

Like all democrats, obozo opposes americans taking care of themselves. All problems are to be solved by the feds.

You shouldn't feel the need to carry a gun to protect yourself. You should feel safe enough that no weapon is needed.
Noomi,

You're an Aussie. I like Australia and Australians. But there is a distinct tone in many of the messages you post here that suggests you make no allowance for the difference in our two cultures. The United States was born in a cloud of gunsmoke and our reverence for guns, in spite of their destructive nature, is indelibly etched into the essence of American character.

The only way that guns could be effectively removed from the American landscape is the imposition of oppressive police state methods.

America is not Australia.

I'm curious, Noomi...have you ever been the victim of an assault?

Two sexual assaults, and several assaults while in High School.

I do not feel so unsafe as to need a gun with me, though. I do not fear that my fellow citizen may pull a weapon out and start shooting.
You say you've been assaulted several times, including two sexual assaults, yet you strongly disapprove of the armed citizen concept. I respectfully suggest there is something unusually submissive about that.

What's been occurring in Ferguson underscores one of the glaring flaws of gun control advocate's contention that everyone would be better off if only the police and military had guns.

Riots break out and the police are under so much pressure to not "inflame" the rioters that they pull back and let local stores be looted...telling the store owners that they are on their own.

The truth of the matter is that you ARE on your own when it comes to protecting yourself, your loved ones and your property from violent felons. Don't fool yourself into thinking that a phone call to 911 is going to save the day.

And i think everyone knows that. The idea that we'll all be safer if only the police can legally have guns is nonsense. Everyone knows the cops will then constantly be "losing guns" meaning selling them to thugs.
I strongly doubt that cops will be selling guns if extreme restrictions are imposed on them. But there assuredly will be an active black market when foreign-made guns start pouring across our southern and northern borders as prolifically as do drugs.

Gun prohibition will work as well as alcohol prohibition did and drug prohibition does.

Like all democrats, obozo opposes americans taking care of themselves. All problems are to be solved by the feds.

Obama to Citizens of Ferguson: Carrying a Gun 'Undermines Justice' | The Daily Sheeple

Aug 19, 2014

With National Guard now stationed in Ferguson, Missouri as the riots and protests there continue over the shooting death of an unarmed teen by police, Obama held a press conference where he said that citizens carrying guns undermines justice.

"While I understand the passions and the anger that arise over the death of Michael Brown, giving in to that anger by looting or carrying guns, and even attacking the police, only serves to raise tensions and stir chaos,” Obama told a news conference. “It undermines, rather than advancing, justice.” -

Yes, we can see by recent examples in the news how good people are at handling their business.

Your fellow citizens don't need to worry about guns. They are too busy assaulting you without one.

How in the hell do you get through two sexual assaults and still arrive at the conclusion you are better off not defending yourself?

Gun carry is illegal here.

If I had the legal right, I would carry a knife, but those are banned as well. Which is okay, because I have been fine for the last ten years. Haven't had a worry.
You would carry a knife, which means you are not opposed to defensive weaponry, but you seem to be extremely anti-gun. Can that mean something as simple as you are afraid of guns?

I'm curious, Noomi...have you ever been the victim of an assault?

Two sexual assaults, and several assaults while in High School.

I do not feel so unsafe as to need a gun with me, though. I do not fear that my fellow citizen may pull a weapon out and start shooting.
You say you've been assaulted several times, including two sexual assaults, yet you strongly disapprove of the armed citizen concept. I respectfully suggest there is something unusually submissive about that.

I disapprove of my citizens being armed because I don't trust them. I don't want to be caught in amongst a mass shooting.

Your fellow citizens don't need to worry about guns. They are too busy assaulting you without one.

How in the hell do you get through two sexual assaults and still arrive at the conclusion you are better off not defending yourself?

Gun carry is illegal here.

If I had the legal right, I would carry a knife, but those are banned as well. Which is okay, because I have been fine for the last ten years. Haven't had a worry.
You would carry a knife, which means you are not opposed to defensive weaponry, but you seem to be extremely anti-gun. Can that mean something as simple as you are afraid of guns?

Not afraid of guns. I think that a gun within the home, to protect your family, is fine. Its just open carry that I would fear. I don't trust people with guns - especially with what I hear coming out of your country...people being shot for simply walking on someone's front lawn...an argument in a movie theatre or in line at the pizza shop.

Australia has criminals "bikey" gangs and immigrant populations that commit most of their gun violence. they have guns there, so the only reason they don't have mass shootings is that no one has decided to do it again...if they do, they will be in trouble, just like South Korea and Norway, the countries with the worst mass shootings in the world. why did these countries have the worst mass shootings...because only the killers had guns and the innocent people had to wait for the police to save them....by then a lot of people were dead...

Australia is historically at the violence level of 1960s America...as they advance...as their social welfare system increases the number of unwed teen mothers, and that goes,on for generations, and the only role,models those children have are criminals and gang members...their gun violence will increase...

Something that the Australians and Europeans don't keep in mind...guns in America are responsible for 11-12,000 murders a year...mainly contained in small sections of the inner cities, in particular those controlled by democrat politicians (24 of the most violent cities in America have been under democrat control for decades).

On the other side of the equation...the one that anti gun people the world over forget to mention...is that guns stop violent crimes and save lives at least 250-350,000 times a year here in America. at the lowest estimate...from the anti-gunner side of the argument, they themselves say they stop violent crimes over 100,000 times a year.

and some studies put the number of crimes stopped at a far higher number...
And that doesn't include the future victims saved because the criminals were shot or arrested because the victim had a gun...

so, even someone from Australia can see that 11-12,000 murders a year vs. 250-350,000 violent crimes stopped and lives saved is a cost benefit analysis that favors gun ownership...

And they still have violent assaults in Australia and Europe...they just prefer that the victims quietly accept their fate...they prefer they are raped, robbed, beaten and murdered vs. using a gun to stop those attacks...right?

Noomi, here is a question I ask those who believe innocent, law abiding citizens can't be,allowed to have guns...if you were told, convincingly, that a certain man or woman was going to be violently attacked...and possibly killed...would you prefer they had a gun to stop it? Or do you think for the greater good they should suffer the attack?

And that is the choice...no substitutes...gun or suffering the attack...which do you choose?

Oh...self defense use of the gun also outnumber accidental gun deaths as well...

Last edited:

This is a lie.

That the OP is a liar comes as no surprise, of course.

As already correctly noted, the president is referring to the illegal carrying of guns, not concealed carry or open carry in jurisdictions where authorized.

That the OP and conservatives responding to this thread feel the need to lie about what the president said is both desperate and pathetic.

You're either ignorant or a fool.

-Geaux

Last edited:
When Obama was pretending to teach Constitutional law at the University of Chicago he had an encounter with John Lott, Who was teaching economics at the time, the Author of the study on guns and crime...Lott said when he introduced himself to obama, Obama said, "You're the gun guy." when Lott asked him if he would like to sit down some time and talk about the issue Obama simply said "I don't think people should have guns." And walked away...

Obama is no friend of the Constitution and doesn't believe in the right to keep and bear arms...

When Obama was pretending to teach Constitutional law at the University of Chicago he had an encounter with John Lott, Who was teaching economics at the time, the Author of the study on guns and crime...Lott said when he introduced himself to obama, Obama said, "You're the gun guy." when Lott asked him if he would like to sit down some time and talk about the issue Obama simply said "I don't think people should have guns." And walked away...

Obama is no friend of the Constitution and doesn't believe in the right to keep and bear arms...

Forget talking about guns...it's too bad Barry didn't have a discussion with Lott about economics...it's something he's woefully ignorant about.

[

Not afraid of guns. I think that a gun within the home, to protect your family, is fine. Its just open carry that I would fear. I don't trust people with guns - especially with what I hear coming out of your country...people being shot for simply walking on someone's front lawn...an argument in a movie theatre or in line at the pizza shop.

So stay off my front lawn. Leave me and my property alone. 99% of the problems in this world would vanish if people would just leave other people alone.

Forum List

Back