Obama Saw Welfare Recipients As ‘Majority Coalition’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by beretta304, Sep 24, 2012.

1. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Full audio of 1998 Obama 'redistribution' speech reveals liberal positions on gun control, health care, welfare reform | The Daily Caller

The Daily Caller has obtained a complete audio recording of the October 19, 1998 Loyola College forum on community organizing and policymaking during which a future President Barack Obama said he favored the government redistribution of wealth. The audio demonstrates the context of that remark and reveals other far-left positions that Obama held as a state senator.

Those positions encompass issues as wide-ranging as gun control, universal health care and welfare reform. Obama also said he viewed welfare recipients and “the working poor” as “a majority coalition” that could be mobilized to help advance progressive policies and elect their champions.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  2. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    And?

Unlike the position of conservatives..who believe that the poor are parasites..

Liberals think them something different.

Human beings.

3. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,199
    Castro thinks the same. Do we want to go down this street? Dividing this nation by class now I see...

4. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    yeah liberals are just so thoughtful..:lol:

5. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Liberals are parasites. Welfare recipients are needy but Liberals are just lazy and want a handout.

6. TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    And, that isn't how he's seeing them based on the statement. He's seeing them as a coalition of voters to vote in favor of "progressive" leaders and policies. Because "progressives" like to steal from some to give to others. These "human beings" as you put it, see this as an opportunity to exact what they believe is "social justice" on their behalf. By having said leaders steal from some and provide "free' to others.

But you thnk Obama is saving the world, so it comes as no surprise that you think he views them any differently than human beings. We call them useful innocents, or useful idiots depending.

7. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,199
    Time to kill welfare from SSI to Medicare!!! I'm really hoping Mitt Romney follows through with his 47% thinking!

8. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73

As long as there is a real safety net for those truly in need. Today what passes for a safety net is pathetic.

I look at my own mother. My father is deceased. Without her SS check she would have zero income per month. She lives month to month. He was a factory worker his whole life. Never was able to save a cent.

There are some truly in need. Fortunately I have done very well (I built it!) and am able to help her when needed.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  9. TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Good luck with that. There is no way any elected official or running one is going to ever commit political suicide by taking away what have the country is screaming for more of. Nobody will fix the warfare/welfare state. it will fix itself upon implosion. Those of us who just pay for it are along for the ride.

10. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Now the welfare recipient that can't keep her legs closed garners no sympathy from me.