Obama releasing 30M barrels from US oil reserve to offset ME turmoil, high gas

Why did obama do this? To increase the supply and ease the high price of oil/gas right?

Hmmmmm....so why doesn't he just push for us drill more to do this?

Bingo.. because we all know this is pure theatrics concerning the 2012 election cycle.. That jerk ADVERTISED his intent regarding SKY HIGH energy prices and the libs know it but it's their messiah so they have to carry his dirty water..

He did say that under his plans electricity prices would necessarily skyrocket

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4]YouTube - ‪Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket‬‏[/ame]

So if this is such a good idea then why is he against drilling and giving more permits for new wells and refineries?

Can anyone who support obama doing this explain that to me?

Why did obama do this? To increase the supply and ease the high price of oil/gas right?

Bingo.. because we all know this is pure theatrics concerning the 2012 election cycle.. That jerk ADVERTISED his intent regarding SKY HIGH energy prices and the libs know it but it's their messiah so they have to carry his dirty water..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4]YouTube - ‪Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket‬‏[/ame]

So if this is such a good idea then why is he against drilling and giving more permits for new wells and refineries?

No they can't, because there is no logic to it. Obama is flailing, his numbers are dropping, he's already in panic mode, besides he never knew what the hell he was doing anyway, I don't believe hesis intentionally trying to destroy the economy, he's just a clueless academic who has never ran anything, and only knows his left wing bull he learned in college, and growing around left wing ideologues

Last edited:

No they can't, because there is no logic to it. Obama is flailing, his numbers are dropping, he's already in panic mode, besides he never knew what the hell he was doing anyway, I don't believe hesis intentionally trying to destroy the economy, he's just a clueless academic who has never ran anything, and only knows his left wing bull he learned in college, and growing around left wing ideologues

He's not clueless, he knows exactly what it is he's doing. The free market is set up to rebound when some mistakes ar made. obama made no mistakes he's being intentional.
My opinion he's wants two classes the elite class and all the rest.

He's k. A quick fix for the short term memory crowd. And you can bet he will keep reminding the people he did this. most Americans( his supporters) have a limited attention span Thats why he doesn't issuing new drilling directives

Last edited:
Let me get this straight....the right attacks Obama when oil prices are too high. They come down, but they give Obama no credit. And now through this move, oil prices are dropping sharply, and the right attacks Obama again. Is that about right?:eusa_eh:

The Right is always wrong.

Let me get this straight....the right attacks Obama when oil prices are too high. They come down, but they give Obama no credit. And now through this move, oil prices are dropping sharply, and the right attacks Obama again. Is that about right?:eusa_eh:

Kinda makes you wonder if it isn't just a campaign ploy. Who wants to be a sitting president going into an election with gas at 3.50 a gallon? Where was he when gas was at and over 4.00?

Kinda makes you wonder if it isn't just a campaign ploy. Who wants to be a sitting president going into an election with gas at 3.50 a gallon? Where was he when gas was at and over 4.00?

Umm still a senator?

Ohh you must mean the second time....

OPEC sets oil prices. The US is not a member of OPEC.

Nobody "sets" oil prices bud. OPEC certainly has the power to Influence the Traders, but in the end the Price is decided on the world market, based not so much on Supply and Demand, as on the speculation of future Supply and Demand.

Which is why simply announcing today that we intend to tap into Anwar, and Open up all the other places we could be Drilling. Would have an immediate effect on prices, just like releasing Barrels from the SR does, only the SR release is just a 1 time deal, while developing our own Resources fully is a more long term Solution.

So again I ask, How can you liberals Defend this man. He Blocks Drilling, and claims it is not a solution, and will not help Lower prices. Then releases 30 Million Barrels of Oil and tells us he is doing it to help lower prices. How can you defend that kind of Double Speaking BS. Either you know that Increasing supply will always lower Prices, or you actually believe the Liberal BS that tapping our own Resources wont lower prices. In either case you must conclude Obama is an Idiot!

2 Months ago I was convinced Obama Would win in 2012. Today more and more it is starting to look like a Grapefruit could Defeat him.

Thing is all the oil obama released will be gone when the elections come around. Now exactly how smart is obama for doing it now?:lol:

Who cares? Our economy was doing much better until gas prices rose. If gas prices plummet below $3 on this, then that's just fine with me. People vote with their wallets. It's why Bush won in 2004 and why Clinton won in 1996. If Obama helps our economy, then the Right can't sit around and bitch and moan about the economy anymore.

A lot of millionaires go to charity events just so be "seen" and network with other millionaires. In the end, they don't really care about the cause, they just want to be seen there. Who cares? Them wanting to be seen there helps the charity and in the end, helps the people who the charity benefits.

Whatever the intentions are is irrelevant. What is relevant is that our economy needs to start to growing faster.

I wonder where you were in 2008 when Bush did the same thing after Katrina to lower oil prices.

Thing is all the oil obama released will be gone when the elections come around. Now exactly how smart is obama for doing it now?:lol:

Sure, you're right... if we weren't importing oil from other countries and drilling our own. Except we are. In the end, it'll take months for this oil to reach the refineries and then further months for it to reach the gas stations. But oil prices have already plunged because of this... giving Americans more money to spend on things other than gas.

Umm still a senator?

Obviously. Back when he was a Senator he had plausible-deniability.

Now all he has is evil speculators and Bush to blame, when in fact his attacks on domestic oil production and lack of a public energy policy is the primary cause.

The very fact that he thinks releasing 30 million of our own domestic supplies will lower the price enough to save his lying ass. Kind of puts the lie to what he's been saying all of this time.

Last edited:
I put this in politics because that is exactly what this is.......nothing more.
What?....$115.00 a barrel oil wasn't high enough to require a release? BUT $95 is??
And what IS the cost to replace it? Ahhh just put it on Peking Express credit card.

….what a hack Obama is, really, talk about transparent and hes still got a year and several months to go yet…....tsk tsk.

DJ US Plan To Release Oil Reserves Hit By Lawmakers, Oil Sector

WASHINGTON, Jun 23, 2011 (Dow Jones Commodities News Select via Comtex) --

By Tennille Tracy
Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

The Obama administration's decision to release 30 million barrels of oil from U.S. strategic reserves is drawing sharp criticism from the oil and natural-gas industry, as well as lawmakers from both sides of the aisle, who say the move is aimed at scoring political points rather than addressing a scarcity of oil supplies in the market.

The administration's decision to tap into the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve is part of a broader effort by the International Energy Agency to release a total of 60 million barrels into the market to make up for supply disruptions in Libya. The IEA said disruptions in the North African country had drained 132 million barrels of light, sweet crude oil from the market by the end of May.

"I expect this action will contribute to well-supplied markets and to ensuring a soft landing for the world economy," IEA Executive Director Nobuo Tanaka said in a statement.

Thursday's disclosure by the U.S. caught many by surprise, in part because the Obama administration sidestepped calls for a release of oil reserves earlier in the year, when crude oil was trading for more than $100 a barrel. Since then, crude-oil prices have dropped and gasoline prices have edged off their recent high points. The average price of gasoline is now $3.61, down from $3.83 a month ago, according to the AAA Fuel Gauge.

"This decision would have been more timely if made when the disruption in Libyan oil supplies first occurred," said Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D., N.M.), chair of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. Bingaman said he hopes the move will curb "speculative froth" in the oil markets and lead to lower prices.

The committee's ranking Republican, Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, accused the Obama administration of trying to "dodge political accountability" for the state of the economy and said "these reserves are not a political tool and should not be used as such."

more at-
DJ US Plan To Release Oil Reserves Hit By Lawmakers, Oil Sector

and national journal, lets get down to cases-

"Republicans have repeatedly slammed President Obama over the unusually high prices, and Obama himself has noted his poll numbers appear to rise and fall with the price of gasoline. Many political strategists say that voter anger over near-record oil and gasoline prices could be a determining factor in the 2012 elections."

hat tip hot air, and
NationalJournal.com - U.S. Releases 30 Million Barrels of Oil From Petroleum Reserve - Thursday, June 23, 2011

No president has even been re-elected since 1930 when there was above a 6.5% unemployment, we are sitting at 9.5% right now. He is grasping for straws, it won't help him though, the people see what is going on and alot of the lefts tactics are being seen through.

Umm still a senator?

Obviously. Back when he was a Senator he had plausible-deniability.

Now all he has is evil speculators and Bush to blame, when in fact his attacks on domestic oil production and lack of a public energy policy is the primary cause.

The very fact that he thinks releasing 30 million of our own domestic supplies will lower the price enough to save his lying ass. Kind of puts the lie to what he's been saying all of this time.
Indeed. I thought that the bamster was an enemy to supply side economics? And 30M is paultry...and how is it going to be replaced? From Brazil? 'We hope to be your best customer ' as $2BN went their way to encourage their exploration as he erected a WALL on his own country?

Sure, you're right... if we weren't importing oil from other countries and drilling our own. Except we are. In the end, it'll take months for this oil to reach the refineries and then further months for it to reach the gas stations. But oil prices have already plunged because of this... giving Americans more money to spend on things other than gas.

So rdean and truth doesn't matter has another twin. So you think obama releasing 30 million barrels of oil brought the gas prices down? You do realize 30 million barrels will only last a day and a half?

So rdean and truth doesn't matter has another twin. So you think obama releasing 30 million barrels of oil brought the gas prices down? You do realize 30 million barrels will only last a day and a half?
Key here is to watch Obama and him using this as a good thing in his campaign...

Where are all the leftists?? I'm still waiting for one of them, just one, to explain the inconsistency regarding:

DRILLING MORE = No drop in prices
Releasing Strategic Reserves of MUCH LESS OIL = Drop in prices

Forum List

Back